It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird symbol on my mother's skin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
hair drier burn...

I had the same mark on my arm, made with a hair drier...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Maybe it is a mark made by an innoculation pistol. They gave me one at school 40 years ago.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If one were to look straight down at the top of a Champaigne Cork

that had a wire-wrap to hold the cork in place, a particular bottlers
wrapping might duplicate the pattern seen.

I might suppose that there was a residual 'something' on the champaigne cork wire that reacted with the persons skin, acid burn being the process...

lesson: don't fall asleep with a wine or champaigne cork laying loose in the bed .., as sleeping a couple hours with that thing pressed into one's skin will likely leave a lasting impression (evidenced by the unknown marking on her leg)

thanks,

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
it's not ringworm. if it were ringworm it wouldn't have the straight lines going through the middle, it would just be a series of circular lines and they would more than likely be closer together i should think. but i've never heard of a case of ringworm where there are straight lines going through the centre of the circles.

as for its meaning, i can't help you there. though it does look rather similar to the alchemical symbol for Terra. though there are some differences. the symbol for Terra is just one circle with a line going down the centre and across the middle, not diagonally. & it's nothing like any runes i've seen before either. though i am very curious as to how your mother got it. my best guess would be angry spirit. if angry enough they can pick objects up, strangle people...and even create marks on the skin. whether there is any significance to the symbol remains to be said in that respect i'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I had a simiar image on my back on 8/28/09 that lasted 1 weeks. Then it can back on 9/19/09 anyone have an idea of what this is.I have pictures on my profile.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by stevoworld]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well it is far from a perfect circle. It looks like a pen with no ink was pressed hard and hand drawn to cause a red mark.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I second the hair dryer burn theory. Don't know how it would have got there, unless someone is being less than honest, but the shape matches perfectly.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If it's on her leg, what part of her leg? Could we get a size comparison to a coin of some type? I don't think it matches a hair dryer at all. I took a photo of her leg you sent, and I traced the lines in Photoshop that were visible, and this is what the mark looks like:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I had a simiar image on my back on 8/28/09 that lasted 1 weeks. Then it can back on 9/19/09 anyone have an idea of what this is.I have more pictures on my profile.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by stevoworld

[edit on 21-9-2009 by stevoworld]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
extremely interesting doesnt appear to be 'ringworm'. It could be plausible she was abducted although i have little knowledge on this subject, either way interesting, flagged for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Look at the recent posts right now. Look how many threads there are about strange marks on the skin appearing out of nowhere. It's no coincidence, people. Wake up and smell the coffee. Things are happening. Exactly what they are, I personally cannot say with absolute certainty, but something is afoot. Of that, I think we can be quite sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm thinking hairdryer. Go look at her hairdryer. Is the nozzle similar in any way? Post a picture.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ive recently read your post about the burn in your mothers skin. A few years ago, my we noticed my housemate had a very simillar burn underneath her armpit. We laughed it off thinking she must have done something when she was drunk. A few days later, i woke up to go to the toilet and noticed i had the exact same burn on my inner thigh. This is when i started to panic. Surley i would have known or felt if something was 'burnt' into my skin, especially my inner thigh. The skin of the burn eventually came off, like any other burn and i no longer have it. I always wondered what the hell it was and afetr reading all the posts, am very freaked out!!!! have you found any other explanations?
Mine was a PERFECT circle with a cross through it and a small circle where the lines of the cross crosses.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Did you check any of the religious symbols. Check some of the religious symbols from around India and Asia. If I remember correctly the religions there have a lot of circular wheel symbols. That symbol looks a bit like those religious symbols drawn in symplified form. Hope it helps.

I've never had any of those marks but I did find two strange brown dots on my skin and it disappeared so I'm sure its nothing. But get it checked just in case.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have one for you... mine has lasted 40 years. Its a perfect upside down "443" on the upper back of my thigh and in small dark characters. Its brown like a birthmark, smooth, and clear as day! It's always been a joke in the family. Looks like someone typed the numbers on my thigh with one of those old typewriters. Its just a birthmark as far as Im concerned... just in a funny configuration! Sometimes things are just what they are.. nothing nefarious.. just unusual. Thank God my parents werent charismatics.. I'd have had more deliverance ceremonies than anyone in history. LOL!

I have no idea what to make of the mark on your mother.. but I have heard of it before. No one really gets a real answer, just a lot of speculation. I'd read a report about an investigation that during the filming of the interview the male in the house developed a mark on his body as if he were branded. Most of the paranormal events were explained away and the final conclusion was that the cause was unknown, but they suspected it was psychological. That hee was so convinced that he was "haunted" or "possessed" that his mind was actually causing the strange marks similar to stigmata.

Who knows. Not insinuating your mom is a loon, but there are a plethora of ideas abotu what causes these marks and ones similar, but no real concrete explanation.

I'd keep an eye on it and just see what happens.
Hey, at least you dont have to go look for an investigation, you have one plopped in your lap! LOL!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Someone could have messed up a gun laser and burned her in that shape.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sughi

Hi have unexplained marks on my shoulder what can it be its like the crossh hair marking not sure how to add on my pics

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Artistw

One month ago I posted two very similar findings at
www.grahamhancock.com...
The same wheel-like structure one with 12 the other with 16 segments.
The spokes cannot be explained by fungal or bacterial origin. Concentrical rings as frontline of the invasion, yes.
My dermatologist friend said "hoax". That is NOT a dermatological explanation!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Very interesting, and my mouth literally dropped open when someone posted the link to that site that had more of the same picutures on but sadly I think the hairdryer story fits. When you driy your hair sometimes you are only in a towel a lot of your skin is exposed it is quite possible your mother put the hair dryer down in her lap for a second and burnt her leg and then thought no more of it.

Edit to say, I am half tempted to try and replicate it with my hairdryer when I get back from work.
edit on 20-7-2011 by eyesdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sounds like a multishot vaccination mark. They are common on older people and were given out in the 1960's. My mom has one on her shoulder.

link

another link
edit on 3-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join