It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire rips through Beijing hotel.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Fire rips through Beijing hotel.

news.bbc.co.uk

Firefighters have been battling a blaze at the yet to be opened Mandarin hotel. The skyscraper in Beijing is thought to have been set alight by a stray firework set off for China's Lantern Festival.

The luxury hotel was due to open later this year in a complex which also houses the new headquarters of the main Chinese TV company. The building was empty and no one is thought to have been hurt in the fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Fortunately there seems to be no-one hurt in this huge fire, however i've seen at least one other website and i'm sure there are many, many people wondering the same thing....will this skyscraper collapse from fire?

I can't find a more up to date video that the one in the article, that was updated this afternoon (GMT time), however the fire in the video looks really bad.

Difficult to judge whether the fire is as bad as 9/11, but it will be interesteing to see if this one is left standing...leaving the twin towers still the first skyscraper to be brought down by fire.

Theres the structures materials to think about still, if comparing it to the twin towers i guess.

Anyone heard any updated info?

CX.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

JbT

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here is another link from CNN.com:
www.cnn.com...

Building Stats:

The modern, angular building was a sign of Beijing's recent transformation and modernization. It had been scheduled to open late last year, but the opening was postponed until this year, though most of the building had been constructed.

According to its Web site, the Mandarin Oriental-Beijing is the flagship property in China for the Mandarin Oriental hotel chain.

The tower stands more than 500 feet high and contains 241 rooms, Xinhua reported.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by JbT]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Very strange. American buildings seem to collapse into their footprint when there's a fire. However, in other countries, buildings can burn like a torch for hours, without collapsing.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
OH MY, This mean the Chinese can build skyscapers that dont fall down even when they are stuffed with Fireworks and torched for 12 hours only to see the Sun Rising and the Chinese Tower
was still standing, and even though the Chinese Tower was ablaze with fire spewing for 12 hours the structure didnot collapse down to the ground .... Holy Cow .... someone call NIST .... This Means 911 Was an Inside Job .... ~ Its time to re-read those bounty hunter laws-- if they can do Problem Reaction Solution == then we can do Arrest - Prosecute - Hang ... ~

[edit on 9-2-2009 by BornPatriot]

JbT

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
To be fair, the building is 1/3 the size of a 'Twin Tower'. The construction could have been totaly different. The variables are endless I assume.

But, it a comparison to things we have seen, none the less.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
previous BAN thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join