It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One small step for a man, one giant leap for teleportation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

One small step for a man, one giant leap for teleportation

tech.msn.com

We've still got a long way to go before human beings can be beamed from one place to another "Star Trek"-style, but a team of scientists at the University of Maryland has achieved, nonetheless, a milestone in teleportation.

According to the Web site LiveScience, the university's Joint Quantum Institute for the first time was able to teleport information between two separate atoms across a distance of a meter -- about one step for an adult.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm sitting here watching Star Trek, and i log onto the computer and open the internet only to see this news story. I was shocked, and thought this would be a nice bit of information to everyone here.

I think something like this would mostly be used for military purposes but just imagine having it for recreation, teleport to school/work, pop in on someone to surprise them. the sky is the limit.

tech.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It would be awesome to teleport to work & the shops,i feel we're a few years away from that just yet.
It's always good to see things like this moving along at a steady pace..bit by bit we'll crack it

join