It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**AMAZING** Artifact On Mars!! Original JPL Picture source included!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Looks like a lava flow to me.
The rocks with the holes in them resemble those seen around earthly volcanos, so I'd guess this 'eel/wrench' was formed by fast cooling airborne lava.

Still a very cool find,
eb

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anomic of Nihilism

who knows...it could be some sort of fossil. too bad they didn't RAT it, they should RAT anomalous looking formations, jmho. anyway could you tell a fossil from a rock by RAT?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If you let your imagination run wild you can see animals, skulls, machinery just about anything in the first picture the OP posted.

Watch this little video I made and come back and explain what you see.

www.youtube.com...

*hate to plug my own vids, they are not all that good*

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't understand why people think it is anything other than a rock.

Besides the odd shape, it perfectly blends in with the other rocks. When I say "blends in", I'm talking about the amount of light it reflects, and how it is the same as all the other rocks.

Also, the shadow, and dark area, matches all other rocks.

Even though I haven't seen a colored version of the image, I can tell from the black and white image that the color is even very, very similar, if not exactly the same as the rocks around it.

I believe if it wasn't a rock, the color, darkness, and contrast, and amount of light it reflects would be drastically different than the rocks around it.

The odds of finding a piece of junk on mars that just happens to be visually identical to the rocks around it, are pretty staggering.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It doesn't have to be what it looks like. What does it look like? Something we recognize in shape for sure.

Excellent picture. I really like it

Greetings

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Thus, peace reigned on the planet, for the legends remained quite clear; many of them recorded in writing, so that future generations would know exactly what had provoked the nuclear catastrophe and what its consequences had been. As I said earlier, the people knew that their planet was going to become uninhabitable within 500 years. Knowing there were other planets, inhabited and inhabitable, in the galaxy, they mounted one of the most serious exploratory expeditions.

Eventually, they penetrated your solar system, first visiting Mars which was known to be inhabitable and which, at that time in fact was inhabited.

source

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link. In the future, please refrain from copying and paste text directly from another source with out proper attribution. Also, add your own personal thoughts to the issue at hand when posting.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by maria_stardust]

[edit on 2/10/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4demon
Wow... what an entrance... Almost as though we should care. All you've done is batted is aside, saying "No, it's not a wrench! THE END! ALL BELIEVE ME!"

Actually, it's hardly an entrance. Stick around long enough and you'll realize that.

Man, I hate it when people speak as though they're 100% sure on topics that can swing either way.

It can't swing either way. Trust me. Again, stick around long enough and what you'll realize is that this OP will be flagged and starred (!!!) 102 times, even though absolutely no one here will substantiate such extraordinary claims with anything that even faintly smells like evidence.

Oh, you'll get wonderful images that are superimposed with drawings and diagrams and all kinds of wonderful speculative "shapes"...but of course, in the end, you and I will know that you can do the exact same thing with virtually any kind of image. But to people like zorgon, for instance (how did that recovery of illicit material discovered at an abandoned McDonald's go?), this is proof in and of itself. The very fact that people have put any kind of effort into such speculation is supposed to be a viable substitute for truth. Yawn.

I've said it before a thousand times....if you open such threads pissing your pants that some AMAZING!!! new evidence has been found, expect to be challenged. Unfortunately, it NEVER proves to be amazing, and ALWAYS proves to be inconclusive AT BEST.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
My guess is the photo was released, because JPL or NASA does not know what it is either. So , there checking up on the boards sharing comparing notes to see if anyone might come up with a better explanation, other than a rock.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wow! Weird!
There's another object, directly to the right of the "wrench". It seems like some kind of hollow rock or something. Like the top part of an armor.
Funny how those 2 objects are together.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Prediction: by the end of this thread, at least 2 other "anomalies" in the same photograph will be circled, flagged, and cited as "evidence" that *something* is on Mars.

But you wonder why us meanie skeptics state that you're simply seeing what you want to see.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

well said, Thrasee in your last two posts.

If somebody want to know what "pareidolia" is, it will find it is a normal psihological phenomenon, when our brain seeing an unknown shape try to find a match in his database filled with known shapes. It is the normal way of brain functioning.

Anyway...reading this kind of threads, i begin to think that pareidolia is more like a disease.... the pleasure to hunt green horses on the walls.

[edit on 10/2/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
depthoffield,

It's always a pleasure to meet someone who does not fall under the category of my profile's signature line.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by thrashee]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Yeah well, but that still doesn't explain the potato I found that looks just like Richard Nixon.

As much as I believe in life *out there* - Mars included - I'm just not ready to allow myself delusions to reaffirm what I already know.
If I start to do that, I'll begin to doubt myself.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
As much as I believe in life *out there* - Mars included - I'm just not ready to allow myself delusions to reaffirm what I already know.
If I start to do that, I'll begin to doubt myself.

If such common sense is contagious, can everyone here please gather round silo13? Please?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hi AN

This was posted a couple of years ago on ATS, but here's more on this pic you posted as well as other interesting stuff on zorgon's web site:

The Enigmas On Mars

Cheers!

[edit on 10-2-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

If at all, I don't think it's a matter of if something is but if something WAS.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Thank you, what has happened to this website? This is really old stuff, debunked or not. Why is it worth letting posts like this continue. Are we not on a mission? Something about denying ignorance and searching for the truth? I cannot believe this topic came up again. It seems we have a whole new bunch of people here and that all the past theory's and conspiracies are being played like a broken record.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
very nice pictures in here...
at first glance it looks like a snake or something...

I really don't see how this could be a rock!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join