It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**AMAZING** Artifact On Mars!! Original JPL Picture source included!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Awesome find. I'd love to see how this is tried to be explained as a trick of light and shadow.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

I agree with AlienCarnage, it looks more like a light effect.

In the radiometric corrected image (and resized to 200% of the original size, your image was not at 100%) it looks nothing like a vessel.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
But they're not 'experts', just some dudes that look at mars pics alot.

So what DOES make an expert at looking at Mars pictures exactly?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If you look very closely for signs of life you may find a few out of about 30 in this pic.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by vze2xjjk]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So what DOES make an expert at looking at Mars pictures exactly?

Nothing! thats my point

We, they...whoever. We're all just dudes looking at pictures.

Sure, you can be an expert in 'looking at pictures, but that doesn't qualify you to do an 'expert analysis' of these pictures. Some people have backgrounds that might 'aide' thier analysis, but the word 'expert' implies too much i feel

Sorry, I've just got a think about the word expert! You can be an recognised expert on fluff these days

To many expert all time on tv telling us this and that, quite often conflicting
It's really quite annoying

Cheers

AoN

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Anomic of Nihilism]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

Stil looks like rocks to me all though i will say alot more colorful now then the regular photo. In truth a geologist can look at a picture and tell you there is a likely hood of it being natural but unless you can hold it in your hand everything else is just speculation.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

A perfect example of matrixing (also known as Pareidolia).

Pareidolia

The term pareidolia (pronounced /pæraɪˈdoʊliə/) describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

Carl Sagan hypothesized that as a survival technique, human beings are "hard-wired" from birth to identify the human face. This allows people to use only minimal details to recognize faces from a distance and in poor visibility but can also lead them to interpret random images or patterns of light and shade as being faces.[5]

Apophenia

Apophenia is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data. The term was coined in 1958 by Klaus Conrad, who defined it as the "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness".

The identification of a face on the surface of Mars is an example of pareidoliac apophenia.

-ChriS

[edit on 14-2-2009 by BlasteR]

[edit on 14-2-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Now you see it...now you dont!!!

2nd line

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
OOOPPPSS!!!

2nd line

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anomic of Nihilism

get your heed out yer arse lol its just a bit of rubble

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My my, something happend here!!!

Curious what it was?

Eample in link.

Source MOC Narrow Angle High Res

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey, everyone. So & So said so... ( and they have an official badge on their logo ) - so stop posting on this site, will ya?? It's all been figured out. Nothing to see here. Go somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
"left me with the feeling that the response was more questionable than the presented materials."

ME

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Maybe these alien creatures have a vast landscape underneath the surface, with vents emitting measurable gases. Maybe they have characteristics like chameleons and can become one with their surroundings in one way or another that is beyond our current thinking. For all we know, we've never seen an alien, or every type, of course. This type could be living underground because the surface somehow became uninhabitable to them. I've seen some pretty interesting things in pictures on that planet, and I can almost guarantee less than 100% of every "rock formation" or "shadow" or "skull-type object" or "tool protruding out of the ground" that has been found is actually nothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
i wonder what weird shapes that look like things we could find in the sea

tons more i imagine

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by geopyt

get your heed out yer arse lol its just a bit of rubble

erm.......that was a bit unecessary.

But then, so is this

but thanks for your comment anyway dude

cheers

Aon

Mods: if yer feel that pic is a bit to rude, please feel free to remove it

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Anomic of Nihilism]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

That thing looks like a fortune cookie with legs.
__________2nd__________________________

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I will be the first to admit, I dont know for sure what is in the picture provided by the OP.

But so many of you seem to believe that there is no way it could be a rock. as has been said "rocks dont look like that".

That is not true though, Rocks can be in any size shape or form.

Here are a few pics of rocks to show that YES, rocks can be shaped like that.

Like I said, I do not know for sure what exactly is in that pic, but to suggest that it isnt possible that it is a rock is inaccurate and a bit naive.

Rocks can and do take on very odd shapes. Shapes that resemble animals, plants and just about anything else you could imagine.

That is the only point I am trying to make here. I am not saying that it IS a rock, but im not saying it isnt either.

what I am saying is that saying that it can't be a rock because of its odd shape is inacurrate and a tad on the naive side.

Peace and love

Firstly, that first pic is rather inappropriate

But, while those rocks can look like that, I want you to note that those HUGE rocks have been formed like that through wind and water on a massive scale. The wind and sand storms MAY have shaped the image in the OP, however, it is VERY unlikely due to the fact that this rock is small in comparison, and is on the ground, in front of another rock. If wind were to get to that rock, it would also shape the rocks around it, but its my opinion that the rock is too small for wind to have shaped it like that.
Secondly, the smaller heart rocks you've pictured were formed by water... so if your suggesting that rivers on mars formed it, well, cool. Its a conspiracy site, I can buy that.

SO, yes, rocks CAN be shaped oddly, but dont forget why they are shaped like that, through wind, rain, water, etc. If you are to call the object in the OP a rock, then I say your suggesting it was shaped by those elements over hundreds and thousands of years, and that just opens more doors to whats really going on on mars.

I dont think its a rock. But I don't know what it it. The resemblance to the head of the wrench is uncanny, but to think life on mars was that similar to us is scary.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
Secondly, the smaller heart rocks you've pictured were formed by water... so if your suggesting that rivers on mars formed it, well, cool. Its a conspiracy site, I can buy that.
No need for conspiracies, most scientists agree that Mars had a "wet past", there are many clues to that.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yea, I agree. But scientists say crazy things all the time. Thats where the best conspiracies come from

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join