It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for Treasure Using Google Earth [ABC News]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Nathan Smith has gold fever.

He caught it when he picked up a book on American treasures and read these words about a mythical Spanish barkentine and its gold and silver lost in south Texas: "Whoever finds either of these treasures would possess wealth beyond imagining."

If nothing else, this story makes for an interesting read...

Lost gold (even potentially mythical lost gold) always does!

Full Story from ABC News...

There is also a land access/rights twist to this which ultimately has the potential to be VERY interesting:

The problem for Smith is getting access to whatever it is he sees on Google Earth. His case -- Smith vs. Abandoned Ship -- has landed in federal court in Houston, where next month U.S. District Judge David Hittner will rule whether Smith has the right to dig up a ranch he doesn't own looking for a ship no one is sure exists.

It's all well and good (sort of) for TPTB to roll on in to someones backyard and start tearing it up in the interest of "national" whatever, but if Joe Public suddenly gets the green light to take his shovel and tuna sandwiches onto his neighbor's property because he saw a partially buried Egyptian milk churn or something in a satellite image....?

Thoughts?

Of course, TPTB are already waiting in the wings just in case there is something to all this...

Even if Smith finds a ship, his legal battles have just begun. If a 19th century ship exists in a marsh south of Refugio, Texas has already filed documents staking its claim.

C'est la vie.

(edit for speling korekshun)

[edit on 2/9/2009 by illimey]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by illimey

Of course, TPTB are already waiting in the wings just in case there is something to all this...

Even if Smith finds a ship, his legal battles have just begun. If a 19th century ship exists in a marsh south of Refugio, Texas has already filed documents staking its claim.

C'est la vie.

(edit for speling korekshun)

So, if I were Smith, and I found this gold, I'd probably go ahead and live out the rest of my absurdly luxurious life far away from Texas. Somewhere with palm trees, tall drinks, and, most importantly, a hot tub which I would share with four girls named Amber and Tiffany.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant

C'est la vie.

So, if I were Smith, and I found this gold, I'd probably go ahead and live out the rest of my absurdly luxurious life far away from Texas. Somewhere with palm trees, tall drinks, and, most importantly, a hot tub which I would share with four girls named Amber and Tiffany.

Just one question though - do you mean four girls called Amber and one called Tiffany? Four of each? Or any appropriate and/or available combination?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by illimey

Amber Amber, Tiffany Tiffany, Amber Tiffany, and Tiffany Amber.

Obviously.

top topics

join