It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name Being Called

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
well i can't speak for the OP, but i know that personally most of the times that i have heard these voices, i was alone inside of a house sitting on about 2 acres. we lived on a main road with heavy traffic and no sidewalk so virtually nobody walks along it, and there are only neighbors on the one side of the house and they are almost an acre away. highly unlikely that it was someone outside, they would have to be screaming my name. everytime i heard it it sounded like it was coming from just a room over, pretty spooky.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
About four years ago I was laying down after eat loretabs all day. I had about 15-18 through the day. I was laying in bed and head someone next me shout, "HEY!" I'd never expreienced anything like that before or after. It was so real that i could hear the position in the room that it was coming from. It made me jump about a foot off the bed. I had the gather myself before i got up to turn the light on. Anyway, i think it was most likely drug induced.

-not

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
lol dude being scared is absolutely not nessesary most of the time its aloved one saying your name in there head or out loud to someone.

They might even be thinking about you.

Why do you think names hold power in this world.

Its called human evolution weve been taught to ignore our unscene connection we have with eachother its just your latent connection being really strong for some reason because there was more emotion given to the thought instead of just a quick blurt.

Its totally natural it happens to every1 everyday every life time.

Just dont go doing something you shouldnt and contact ''somthing'' you shouldnt cause they may never let you sleep again.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

I understand what u are saying i really do but we was inside there as far ias i kow noone outside the house and it sounded very very close to me almost like it was just a few meters away it was definitely inside of the house and there was just us 2 who both heard it while next to each other

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Actually, this has a very simple explanation. I used to hear my name being called out frequently when I was a kid. Always in an older woman's voice. Of course, at first I thought it was my mother, so when I answered, I was told to go back to sleep.

Every single person in the world hears this, every single day. It happens when you're at that point half way between being asleep and awake. Most of the time we simply fall asleep and forget about it.

This has been noted in just about every single sleep research. When you remember hearing it, it's because it's slightly off-key, ie, it happens slightly too fast and you wake up, often not even realizing you were falling asleep.

If you're grandmother died at the same time, it's just coincidence. There are six billion people in the world, this is bound to happen sometimes.

Considering the crappy food we get from the corporations, the stress of holding a job these days, family, mortgage, making ends meet, it's not surprising this slight sleeping disorder is so frequent.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Sounds plausible except it ws in the middle of the day first time and second time it was at about 6:30 in the afternoon and i already said in the first post that i wasnt the only one who heard it at the time

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Every single person in the world hears this, every single day. It happens when you're at that point half way between being asleep and awake. Most of the time we simply fall asleep and forget about it.

That doesn't really explain why I've heard the same during the middle of the day.

It's happened about 8 or 9 times to me since about 5 years ago. It's very quiet, but not a whisper, and it almost sounds like it's coming from directly next to my ear.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hearing your name being called is a kundalini symptom. Just something else to consider, I'm not saying it's not a ghost or whatever else it could be.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Aye...I must say I have heard my mum call me whilst getting out of bed... when she didn't call me. She said my name, but she was on the other side of the house, on a different floor all together...so definately couldn't be mistken for her calling me.

At the same time, she heard me say good morning right next to her...though I wasn't there. And I don't say good-morning to anyone, not a monring person

So..it does happen to people who are in no way asleep...surely theres more to it all?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I've had this happen to me throughout my life. Happened more frequently when I was younger than it does now. I have always been awake and fully conscious. When I asked my parents what this was when I was a child they told me I had an overactive imagination. I have heard my name called or said right next to me as well as from a distance, in both male and female voices, sometimes in a whisper, and others plainly spoken. Even remember one where the voice had a sing-songy quality. It is not a voice in my head, it is audible. It's always given me the creeps

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I hear my name often, from voices in my head... At the beginning I have think that I am crazy and have to search a good doctor, but after some days, I have to see that I am not crazy

I can only speak for me, sometimes there is a "ghost" who wants to talk with me, sometimes it is someone who think of me or speak about me. Sometimes it is a sad reason sometimes a wonderful reason, why I hear the voices. In may last year, I have hear that my grandma say my name and goodbye, it was late in the night, in the same minute I have hear it, my grandma die.

Maybe someone only think about you or someone want to talk with you in the mental way. I ask allways when I hear a voice calling my name, who wants to talk with me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by vereny
I hear my name often, from voices in my head... At the beginning I have think that I am crazy and have to search a good doctor, but after some days, I have to see that I am not crazy

No, you aren't crazy at all. I am positive that the majority of people has heard these voices too, but many are too scared to speak up. Society is extremely judgemental and overhasty to call someone else a whack-job.

Believe in yourself.

Greetings.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by shockedonlooker
Happened more frequently when I was younger than it does now.

Are you doing some relaxation exercises?
Have you only heard your name or also smatterings of conversations or at least several words?

Greetings

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This has been debated many times here in ATS, I had my name called out to me, i'm known as rob and only close family call me Robert but some thing said ROBERT in a loud voice but it was only in side my head as another person in the room never heard it, it freaked me out a bit as i felt like my mind had been invaded. not happened since.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter

Happened more frequently when I was younger than it does now.

Are you doing some relaxation exercises?
Have you only heard your name or also smatterings of conversations or at least several words?

Greetings

Hi Writer, I do not use relaxation techniques that I am aware of, other than occasionally lying in bed meditating. Yes, I have had smatterings of conversations or several words, but they usually do not seem to make sense or have any significance to me, or that is what I assume. I guess what freaks me out the most is that I can never really pinpoint any identity to the voice. That's odd.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
the last time that happened to me i was very young...i was upstairs playing with my toys (G.I.Joes at the time) and i heard my mother calling me...it was definitely my mother... you cant mistake your mothers voice for anyone else!!! we were the only ones home that day. so i dropped what i was doing and went downstairs, mom was folding laundry....i asked...whats up mom?... she replied...."nothing why?"....so i said....you just called me?!?!?...she says....uh nope. i told her what i heard and she said just to let it be and not think about it too much. later on in life during my teens i saw and experienced a lot of weird things at home... radio turning on, TV's turning on, i wish i would have had access to video cams and the like.... or digicams even better! there was one time i felt justified and relieved that i wasn't going nuts....a friend and i had just gotten back to my house from bowling i believe and we were chatting outside my house (facing the house, in the drive way in my friends car) and suddenly, my friend, (which was a big kid mind you...) shouts...holy **** ! ...i turned to him and he was pretty pail (noticeable when you're olive skinned) so i asked him if he had seen a pitch black 3D figure about 6ft tall ? and he asked if i had seen it too....i told him "not this time...." lol he then asked me to get out of the car....and he left scared poopless! so yeah I've seen this figure many times. walking thru walls...doors etc. there was this one time i was goofing on the computer during the day....so i know there was no body home. to give you some background i my bedroom was a converted garage. to i checked the main door to the house...the actual garage door...CLOSED! so it wasn't wind or a draft... long story short, i noticed out of the corner of my eye that the door to my room opened slowly to the mid swing point....stopped.....the swung completely open...i didn't get up until about 20-30 minutes later, telling myself to be calm... that there had to be a reasonable explanation.... i never found it. I'm not a very religious person at all....but i do believe in there is something more to this life that skin and bones. i used to be scared...i'm much more open as you should be....i've never been one to invite these happenings but am much obliged...all in all dont give it too much thought....but if you want buy a recorder...see what you find?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
in response to hearing voices.....i happen to catch people's thoughts in my head sometimes.... i've finished peoples sentences many a times. one funny thing that happened in my boss' car, which i had only been working for him for about two weeks.....mind oyu not outloud but in his head he was singing The Beatles -Strawberry Fields....so in his mind he was thinking ...let me take you down....and then to both of our amazement...i said.....OUTLOUD ....cuz i'm going to (finishing the lyrics to the song he was singing in his head)....then he looked at me really weird and asked me if he was singing outloud...i told him no and asked why.....he then told me what he had been thinking ans singing in his mind.....we were freaked out for sure! so stuff like that happens from time to time with people i know. another time was answering a girlfriends question before she asked it.... she got scared.....like i heard her question in my head and answered in the freak the hell out of her....like she actually got scared of me.....not kool....it took her about an hour to calm down from that one! as far as HOW or WHY....that eludes me to this day.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

maybe your girlfriend was angry with you and has think: robert!

I have it sometimes when someone is angry with me, then he call both of my names, and I hear it on my minds, then I know: don't talk with him in the next time

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Hi Writer, I do not use relaxation techniques that I am aware of, other than occasionally lying in bed meditating. Yes, I have had smatterings of conversations or several words, but they usually do not seem to make sense or have any significance to me, or that is what I assume. I guess what freaks me out the most is that I can never really pinpoint any identity to the voice. That's odd.

shockedonlooker, thank you very much for taking your time and your honesty. I share your experiences and next time you can't interpret a dream, or you have got a question about a symbol in a dream, keep your eyes closed when you wake up - don't move - , ask the question in your mind, and listen into the silence without any expectations (wishful thinking). The very same voices you may not identify now are most likely to give you a reply and the answer you seek. By the way, it may even happen in a different language. No joke.

Have fun on your journey.

Greetings

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter
shockedonlooker, thank you very much for taking your time and your honesty. I share your experiences and next time you can't interpret a dream, or you have got a question about a symbol in a dream, keep your eyes closed when you wake up - don't move - , ask the question in your mind, and listen into the silence without any expectations (wishful thinking). The very same voices you may not identify now are most likely to give you a reply and the answer you seek. By the way, it may even happen in a different language. No joke.

Have fun on your journey.

Greetings

Thanks Writer, I appreciate the advice. I am not dreaming when this happens, I am awake.

If we are in fact hearing a voice that is able to communicate with us, why would it stop at just our names or a seemingly meaningless partial conversation or run of random words? Seems like whoever it is would really make it count for something and let us in on something juicy!

I guess I just get irritated by it because it always leaves me with a fearful feeling, and brings up my parents reaction to it which always left me feeling like it was my fault. When I got older they insinuated that I was dabbling in something I shouldn't and I was angry because although it is unpopular here at ATS to be one, I am a Christian, so I've never played around with anything I should not or tried to contact anyone living or dead. I am a highly sensitive and intuitive person and God MADE me that way, so I've never had a problem with that, but my parents did.

Although I am awake when I hear my name or other words I will try your approach, Writer, and try not to let fear be my response. In all of my other experiences, many that would be considered worse or scarier than this, I have not been fearful, but hearing my name whispered clearly in my ear is highly unnerving to me.

BTW, I am not mentally ill, and have never had any issues in that sense as I'm sure it will come up on a topic like this one
I imagine this happens to a lot more people than realized.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join