It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - Israeli Defence Forces shoot at Palestinian farmers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Abassan Jedida, The Gaza Strip, Thursday 5th February, 2009 - Returning to farm the land where Israeli soldiers had opened fire on them 2 days previously, farmers and HRWs were able to harvest the parsley crop for only half an hour, before soldiers again began to shoot. A number of shots were fired into the air, before the soldiers started to aim in the direction of the farmers and international accompaniment. Bullets were heard to whiz past, close to peoples heads.

Wow ... people can't even farm ... this is kinda outrageous ... what do you think?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

The Israeli army was just defending the poor parsley.
Didn't you see hamas using baby-shields, harvesting?< Sarcasm off.
DISGUSTING!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This an aspect that the western media completely ignores. Not content with holding up or not allowing aid into Gaza, the IDF has shown it has a policy of destroying crops and the ability to farm. Add to this the attacks on Gazan fishermen and it becomes apparent that a policy of starvation is underway.

There is absolutely no justification for the destruction of farms or the assaults on farmers and it doesn't take a UN panel of experts to determine the reason or outcome.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Of course anything that can be construed as anti-Israel is posted despite the lack of context for the story.

Everyone who knows Gaza can account how the Israelis left ongoing businesses like functioning cement factories when they left. They were routinely destroyed rather than kept going.

The Gazans have sadly fallen into a syndrome where the more they suffer the more foreign aid they receive. To for many, tragically, survival has been by demonstrable suffering.

Egypt is sitting on millions in cash that was in the process of being smuggled into Gaza last week.

As it's cash and there is no trail, the money was earmarked for Hamas leadership and little if any would have trickled down to the Gazans themselves.

The Gazan people might wake up and realize their misery is jut cynically manipulated as a source of income by handful of politicos on the take from Iran, who conveniently live in comfortable homes in Damascus and elsewhere.

That would be the true liberation for Gaza.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Israel disgusts me. You may be right mmiichael, but that still doesn't justify what is happening here.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Context? I think the context here is clear enough. Gazan farmers, trying to harvest their crops, are being shot at by Israeli troops to drive them away from their land. There have been many other cases of Gazan farms and crops torn up by Israeli bulldozers too. What context are we to put that into?

What aid to Gaza has built, the Israelis have destroyed.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What goes around comes around. Last March when I was visiting Israel and we toured a kibutz, an Israeli farmer, busily harvesting carrots was killed by a Palistinean sniper in Gaza.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
These Israelis wont give up...they are on a mission to totally destroy Gaza and make it unbearable for the palestinians to live there. It disgusts me too.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ok,
but we have to be careful with a collective statement of "disgust". It is very normal not to agree with Israeli governement, as I do, but if we do not have something argumentative, it is not healthy only to state your disgust. We should be more constructive than Israeli Defense Froces, shouldnt we?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Nope mmiichael, the pot shots at farmers is in the context of on going occupation after the recent Gaza siege and from before.

"Egypt is sitting on millions in cash that was in the process of being smuggled into Gaza last week."

What of it, Gaza is under a blockade so everything is smuggled to bypass the zionist wall and trigger happy occupation forces. What is Hamas going to do with all that money if it meant for them? Sit on it. Common sense would dictate, if your allegation had some merit, that cash would be smuggled out and end up in Swiss and Israeli banks like New York Banking cleptocrats like Madoff. The money is for wages and labour.

"The Gazan people might wake up and realize their misery is jut cynically manipulated as a source of income by handful of politicos on the take from Iran, who conveniently live in comfortable homes in Damascus and elsewhere."

Spread the faults far and wide, eh? Actually the source of Palestinian misery is occupation, Israeli land theft, arbitrary killings, ghettoisation, disappearances, bombardments and slanderous demonisation.

The video shows everyone with their own eyes what the Israelis do to civilians.

There were no human shields, no Hamas rocket teams, no smuggling, no tunnels, no bringing up parsley to hate Israelis. There were just pathological Israelis shooting at farmers and peace monitors.

[edit on 042828p://pm2847 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
These Israelis wont give up...they are on a mission to totally destroy Gaza and make it unbearable for the palestinians to live there. It disgusts me too.

They would give up lickitysplit the moment the Palestinians are allowed to arm themselves and mount defenses. Have you forgotten the Lebanon? 5000 farmers/militiamen sent a 40 thousand strong modern military back to Israel with their noses bloody.

Israelis are only good for whoopingass on unarmed civilians.

[edit on 042828p://pm2845 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
This an aspect that the western media completely ignores. Not content with holding up or not allowing aid into Gaza, the IDF has shown it has a policy of destroying crops and the ability to farm. Add to this the attacks on Gazan fishermen and it becomes apparent that a policy of starvation is underway.

There is absolutely no justification for the destruction of farms or the assaults on farmers and it doesn't take a UN panel of experts to determine the reason or outcome.

very right! disgusting however, that there will be breaking news messages when hamas sends off another rocket into the the wild blue yonder...

sad to see how people get manipulated by the big media

Originally posted by mmiichael
Of course anything that can be construed as anti-Israel is posted despite the lack of context for the story.

you start calling it anti-israel!

[edit on 9/2/09 by Reignite]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

"Egypt is sitting on millions in cash that was in the process of being smuggled into Gaza last week."

What of it, Gaza is under a blockade so everything is smuggled to bypass the zionist wall and trigger happy occupation forces. What is Hamas going to do with all that money if it meant for them? Sit on it. Common sense would dictate, if your allegation had some merit, that cash would be smuggled out and end up in Swiss and Israeli banks like New York Banking cleptocrats like Madoff. The money is for wages and labour.

"The Gazan people might wake up and realize their misery is jut cynically manipulated as a source of income by handful of politicos on the take from Iran, who conveniently live in comfortable homes in Damascus and elsewhere."

Spread the faults far and wide, eh? Actually the source of Palestinian misery is occupation, Israeli land theft, arbitrary killings, ghettoisation, disappearances, bombardments and slanderous demonisation.

Masonwatcher, for two months I've read many of your hundreds of postings to this forum. I've seen what I consider a steam-rollering one-sided running account of every action and comment emanating from Israel interpreted as premeditated abuse. Arguments to the contrary as to the need to react self-protectively to the assault from Gaza, Hamas, Iran, whoever else are casually dismissed or rationalized. A level of analysis and criticism is never applied to anyone in conflict with Israel.

Because you can call on a certain level of articulation and a mass of historical data, you give the impression to others less fully aware, that you are speaking authoritatively and without prejudice or malice.

I can only wonder what the motivations are of someone who becomes so knowledgeable of virtually every single thing Israel has said or done over the past decades, and then goes on a conspiracy site and sends a non-stop volley of messages trying to demonstrate how Israel has no justification for any of it's actions in trying to deal with people who are trying to destroy their state and it's people.

I see something going on beyond a concerned individual posting messages.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
What goes around comes around. Last March when I was visiting Israel and we toured a kibutz, an Israeli farmer, busily harvesting carrots was killed by a Palistinean sniper in Gaza.

YOU sir, are part of the problem.

Don't you see that they are ALL acting like terrorists.

Attitudes like yours will for sure perpetuate this conflict for generations to come.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I see something going on beyond a concerned individual posting messages.

Please elucidate as what you see beyond a concerned an individual posting messages? Perhaps a conspiracy to bad mouth Israel? No friend, Israel is doing it on its own without my help.

Did you see the video of Israelis shooting up the farmers? Now how is anyone going to beautify that disaster? Its no great shakes for me to point a finger at the grotesque with or without 'articulation'.

Because you can call on a certain level of articulation and a mass of historical data, you give the impression to others less fully aware, that you are speaking authoritatively and without prejudice or malice.

I find this comment patronising beyond belief. Most pro-Israelis are like that.

[edit on 082828p://pm2806 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Probably another Pallywood production. I'd bet anything they were hiding rockets for Hamas in the fields and launchers under the parsley in the cart.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Probably another Pallywood production. I'd bet anything they were hiding rockets for Hamas in the fields and launchers under the parsley in the cart.

id bet you wear grenades under your trousers

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Shouldn't those soldiers be back in jerusalem kissing some wailing wall??

2/3's of Gaza's population are women and children.
1300 civilians killed, by bullets and shrapnel, and many were just unlucky to be in one of the 22000 buildings that were leveled. Babies shot dead, men forced to strip off and run while being shot at.

I love how people look past that and only see an anti-semite view. What they did to civilians has nothing to do with anti-semitic views, it just means that the people who love Israel, you would even love them if they were shelling your own country and killing your own civilians? Obviously.

Death and destruction is bad, but not when Israel is involved.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
To Mike F Kinda feel sorry for ya m8, i read these boards and see you try to explain the Israeli's actions as miss-represented, or twisted facts . But then they continue to do things like this and I bet its getting hard for you to believe your excuses any more.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
israeli rascist hateful pigs. those people are poor as dirt and they cant even pick parsley? i wonder what causes terrorism? oh yeah CRAP LIKE THIS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join