It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I would like to know if it's possible for 'earth' (the spiritual side of things if you will) to call you i.e. tug at your spirit or?

The thing is I'm turning 30 in a few months and I think I'm just having a crisis

I have pretty much lived in the same area for all of my life and as of late I've had this desire to just move somewhere. There is one particular place that I'm seriously drawn to and never in a million years would I have ever imagined moving there or anywhere outside the US for that matter.

Am I just desperate to move or is it even possible that some type of tuning is in place (if that makes sense)? It's constantly on my mind but more so an actual feeling in my gut - kind of like the feeling you get when you know you love someone. It's like that. I just know.

/changed title

[edit on 9-2-2009 by thinkingAhead]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingAhead

i would follow it and see where it takes you ... what's the worst that could happen?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Maybe your spirit wants to go to a location that was very dear to you in a past life.

Perhaps you have some sort of unfinished business there or maybe its where your destiny reveals itself.

Where is this place?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The place is New Zealand.

Believe me, I've done a lot research and I am completely aware of everything involved in moving to their country. It's a rigorous process.

With that aside, maybe a vacation there would suffice.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101

i would follow it and see where it takes you ... what's the worst that could happen?
eerr,like...Wako Texas?

(I'm joking) Infact,I agree with you as it's sort of what I'm doing. Tredding my own path of spiritual enlightenment. And where ever I end up, is where I was supposed to end up.

I only came on this thread cos the title made me spit water out onto my keyboard. I thought it was going to be a rudey ghosty thread.

I'll just go and sit over here and try and behave......

[edit on 9/2/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
From the time I was a young teen, I knew I was living in the wrong place. I knew I had to leave the States but never made an effort to do so.

One fateful evening when I was 19, I was in the library studying. Naturally, I was alone. lol It was about an hour from closing time and someone came in. I was mentally knee-deep in Urinalysis (so to speak) but sensed that someone was near. I looked up and saw the back of someone's head. My only thought was "That's my husband." Four years later, so he was. I've lived in Northern Europe since with no homesickness whatsoever.

I love my home state. I love the states I grew up in. I love most of the states I've visited. But that country isn't mine.

I'm not saying that this is "home" in the sense that I feel like I belong here. But I have a job to do here and do it I will. I have done till now but the real reason I have to be just here as opposed to anywhere else on the globe is just beginning. I'm halfway through my life now. I hope there's time...

If you know something is true, don't hesitate to follow the signs. You'll end up in the right place.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think if it is that strong of a feeling you should listen. A vacation there could determine for you whether it is the place for you. And maybe the vacation itself is what you need to figure out what it is your missing. Maybe you meet someone there or maybe you decide to be a traveler.

I say do whatever it takes to come up with the $ to go.

Here's to the rest of your life.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thank you everyone who has responded. This side of the story is something I haven't bothered mentioning to my wife. She wouldn't get it. For her it's simply a vacation as for me, well, we'll just have to wait and see.

We have already begun saving for the trip since it is a very costly one

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Instead of moving there, why not go there as a birthday present to yourself? You might be drawn there for a reason or???

new topics

top topics

join