It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 227- Sanctity of Human Life Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is this the Republicans way of overriding the Roe v. Wade case?

Republican Paul Broun along with 55 cosponsors(Republicans) have introduced this bill that would recognize that life begins with fertilization.

(1) the Congress declares that--

(A) the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being, and is the paramount and most fundamental right of a person; and

(B) the life of each human being begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, irrespective of sex, health, function or disability, defect, stage of biological development, or condition of dependency, at which time every human being shall have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood; and

(2) the Congress affirms that the Congress, each State, the District of Columbia, and all United States territories have the authority to protect the lives of all human beings residing in its respective jurisdictions.

www.opencongress.org...

I personally respect a woman's right to have an abortion. Although I don't expect this legislation to pass, I do believe it would cause an abortion black market if it ever did.

I also find it interesting that the word cloning appears in this same bill.

Is Congress anticipating that human cloning will eventually be a common practice or is Congress aware of something that hasn't been shared with the American Public?

Is there any way that the DNA database the government is keeping is being used for cloning purposes?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
These people are past pitiful!!!!

I also am concerned about the cloning or it's functional equivalent.

Hopefully this will end up being a waste of paper and a talking point of the ignorance of the pro life faction.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I guess people aren't too worried about this bill passing at this time. However, if Republicans get control of Congress you might see such a bill passed. Would you support this legislation.

new topics

join