It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 States+ Tell Government to Stand Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here are more links to the quiet movement of states.

I guess the numbers of states are quickly rising 20+.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

NEW YORK – As the Obama administration attempts to push through Congress a nearly $1 trillion deficit spending plan that is weighted heavily toward advancing typically Democratic-supported social welfare programs, a rebellion against the growing dominance of federal control is beginning to spread at the state level.

So far, eight states have introduced resolutions declaring state sovereignty under the Ninth and Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, including Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma and Washington.

Analysts expect that in addition, another 20 states may see similar measures introduced this year, including Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado
, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, Maine and Pennsylvania.

"What we are trying to do is to get the U.S. Congress out of the state's business," Oklahoma Republican state Sen. Randy Brogdon told WND.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Excuse me but why now?,

ACTUALLY, at least one state passed a bill/resolution like this in the 1990's to try to curb what the Federal Government was doing!

If you look at the links that Realtruth provided in the OP, you would see that at least Georgia was questioning the Federal Governments power back then!

From one of the OP's links, ...

Georgia Senate - 1995/1996 Sessions

SR 308 - U.S. Constitution - state sovereignty under 10th Amendment
******SKIP******
A RESOLUTION

1- 1 Claiming sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the
1- 2 Constitution of the United States over all powers not
1- 3 otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government
1- 4 by the United States Constitution
; and for other purposes.

1- 5 WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the
1- 6 United States reads as follows:

1- 7 "The powers not delegated to the United States by the
1- 8 Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are
1- 9 reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"
;
1-10 and

1-11 WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of
1-12 federal power as being that specifically granted by the
1-13 United States Constitution and no more
; and

1-14 WHEREAS, the scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment
1-15 means that the federal government was created by the states
1-16 specifically to be an agent of the states
;

Seems like some people, at least in Georgia, saw this grasping of power by the Fedreal Government coming!

Kudos to them!

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here is what confuses me. Arizona wants the sovereignty , yet they take bail out money from the fed.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

They are claiming sovereignty from some of the laws that the Federal Government is claiming that they have power to enforce the states to abide by!

We're not talking about the bailouts really right now, but how much power the Federal Government now tries to use to control things in individual states that they were NEVER given the power to use/enforce!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I for one am disheartened that Texas is not on that list of possible dissenters.

However, I did take note that Ron Paul, a Texas congressman, introduced the bill to abolish the Fed. And the bill to abolish the IRS was signed by no less than 8 Texas congressmen, more than any other state including CA. and FL. who only had 1 or 2 signers and they are more populace than Texas. Texas position may be, in part, because Texas has no state tax, only sales tax.

So while we are not yet on this particular dissenter bandwagon, I still have hope there will be enough calls and email to make a few courageous awake state congressmen willing to take a stand.

Texas seems to be the last to be severely effected by recession and among the first to recover. This may well be why we have become so staunchly republican the last 30 years. It could be a mentality that says "maybe you, but not me". This state has just not woken up to the possibilities.

If someone is better informed. please speak up.

edit to say "S & F"

[edit on 9-2-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

That's what I was going to say. I live in Georgia and I saw that this was started in 1995/96. Not very new to us.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Maybe somebody could rescue us in Massachusetts,, because we know
this will never happen here,,we're in enemy territory, my friends.."we're
locked behind the iron wall !

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Oh I understand that. I just find it ironic that they want that, but still want fed money at all when we know fed money comes with conditions.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

This is all basic Economics 101. Anyone who graduated high school and can read should know what this economic stimulus really means.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I bet Obama loves this one.

Hawaii's measure calls for a new state constitutional convention to return self-governance, a complaint that traces back to the days it was a U.S. territory, prior to achieving statehood in 1959.

That's out of the news story on the top of the page.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Realtruth

Maybe somebody could rescue us in Massachusetts,, because we know
this will never happen here,,we're in enemy territory, my friends.."we're
locked behind the iron wall !

Make some phone calls, write some e-mails, do whatever you can to influence your state. Get others involved as well. Or move to a neighboring state.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Texas is in better shape than all the others. They were a country when brought into the USA. The constitution forbids the annexation of another country, only territories. Plus there was some monkey buisness when they did it, just like the 16th amendment was never legally ratified according to state by state records.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
God I love Washington State. I love this place so much and would say it's the best place in the entire country (hometown bias) but this place is probably one of the most laid back and liberal states in the Union and admittedly this place is full of hippie tree hugging pussies (I would consider myself one) yet we still lay it down when we have too. Just wanted to express some pride in my state.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hats off to New Mexico , This state appears to have the right of sovereignty from day one . From what I read this is in the state constitution and was part of the deal before becoming a state of the union. I guess if things get bad section 3 of the New Mexico constitution take precedence.

Sec. 3. The people of the state have the sole and exclusive right to govern themselves as a free, sovereign and independent state.

Sec. 4. All persons are born equally free, and have certain natural, inherent and inalienable rights, among which are the rights of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring possessing and protecting property, and of seeking and ob-taining safety and happiness.

Sec. 6. No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing herein shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons.

Number 6 was amended, you can now carry a concealed weapon with a permit

The old west Lives on. Yippi ... Ki ay..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
still ABSOLUTELY no coverage of this on the MSM

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think that you Americans do not need your central government more than the countries in Europe need EU rules.

The right to travel freely in USA or in Europe, and to work everywhere freely. That is enough ! There it should stop. Anyone who proposes more central control out of "goodwill" should be hanged, burned, bombed, then shot ! Or whatever.

People can live very well without paying protection taxes.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This thread exists here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Thank you for that information. I will do some research to determine exactly how that effects us. I would still like to see Texas stand with the other states to provide a stronger voice.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

9+ States have now declared sovereignty, now add Washington to the list.

Arizona State Legislature for formulating a bill that declares their state sovereignty. That same bill further details their right during martial law to call back servicemen to protect the state:

"…if the President or any other federal entity attempts to institute martial law or its equivalent without an official declaration in one or more of the states without the consent of that state … individual members of the military return to their respective states and report to the Governor until a new President is elected…"

In case you didn't hear about it on the mainstream media (which you haven't because they want to keep us asleep), numerous states are currently declaring or have already declared sovereignty, including:

Washington
apps.leg.wa.gov...

New Hampshire
www.gencourt.state.nh.us...

Arizona
www.azleg.gov.../legtext/49leg/1r/bills/hcr2024p.htm

Montana
data.opi.mt.gov...

Michigan
legislature.mi.gov...

Missouri
www.house.mo.gov.../bills091/bills/HR212.HTM

Oklahoma
axiomamuse.wordpress.com...

California
www.leginfo.ca.gov...

Georgia
www.legis.state.ga.us...

Possibly: Colorado, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, Montana, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Alaska, Kansas, Alabama, Nevada, Maine, Illinois.

"The Tenth Amendment was intended to confirm the understanding of the people at the time the Constitution was adopted, that powers not granted to the United States were reserved to the States or to the people. It added nothing to the instrument as originally ratified." — United States v. Sprague, 282 U.S. 716, 733 (1931).

Dang, what about Texas!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

9+ States have now declared sovereignty, now add Washington to the list.

Arizona State Legislature for formulating a bill that declares their state sovereignty. That same bill further details their right during martial law to call back servicemen to protect the state:

"…if the President or any other federal entity attempts to institute martial law or its equivalent without an official declaration in one or more of the states without the consent of that state … individual members of the military return to their respective states and report to the Governor until a new President is elected…"

In case you didn't hear about it on the mainstream media (which you haven't because they want to keep us asleep), numerous states are currently declaring or have already declared sovereignty, including:

Washington
apps.leg.wa.gov...

New Hampshire
www.gencourt.state.nh.us...

Arizona
www.azleg.gov.../legtext/49leg/1r/bills/hcr2024p.htm

Montana
data.opi.mt.gov...

Michigan
legislature.mi.gov...

Missouri
www.house.mo.gov.../bills091/bills/HR212.HTM

Oklahoma
axiomamuse.wordpress.com...

California
www.leginfo.ca.gov...

Georgia
www.legis.state.ga.us...

Possibly: Colorado, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, Montana, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Alaska, Kansas, Alabama, Nevada, Maine, Illinois.

"The Tenth Amendment was intended to confirm the understanding of the people at the time the Constitution was adopted, that powers not granted to the United States were reserved to the States or to the people. It added nothing to the instrument as originally ratified." — United States v. Sprague, 282 U.S. 716, 733 (1931).

Dang, what about Texas!!!!!?

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Armour For Victor]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join