It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the stereotypical alien image come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Oh yeah, if ancient people are so smart, how come they're dead??

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
inject alcohol into your brain!

They're too late wayyy ahead of them

Originally posted by stevegmu
The human body is incapable of having both extremely high levels of thought and computing, as well as large size and muscle mass. Both require more energy than can be metabolized. Look at the smartest person Earth- S. Hawking. His body failed, as his brain evolved.

Whooaa boy you are wrong on so many levels there. The human body is grossly underrated and wildly capable. How do you explain - not to offend - autistic people who are amazingly intelligent but supposedly have "less-developed" brains? And physical? Ever heard of berserkergang?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Yup, like I said I really messed up. Sorry I was not in fashion dude. Forward the thread script to me next time?

Actually I wasn't targeting your post! I was just waxing lyrical (It's one of those weeks). I feel the Crowley drawing is worthy of investigation.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thebox

There's no ignorance in my dismissal of what he's saying, I looked long and hard at Mr. Icke's theories. A lot of what he says makes sense, but the alien shape-shifter thing is just silly. We used to get those constant shape-shifter videos here on ATS, of some news anchor becoming pixelated or extreme zoom ins of President Bush's face... Its just so silly, and the scary part is how many people are willing to buy wholesale into this idea without, oh I don't know, thinking about how maddeningly strange it is, let alone having any semblance of proof... I'm not saying what he believes is impossible but I would have to see some good evidence to say, yep that's the answer to the UFO mystery, our leaders are actually shape-shifting reptilians from a cheesy John Carpenter classic...

We have photos and videos of UFOs, we know they're there, we have proof, we're just not sure what they are...

Some claim they are inhabited with these stereotypical Grays, an image which has developed over time. The question is did the Grays that people saw influence the pop-culture image of aliens or did the pop-culture image create the Grays that people see?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
There's no ignorance in my dismissal of what he's saying, I looked long and hard at Mr. Icke's theories. A lot of what he says makes sense, but the alien shape-shifter thing is just silly.

Sorry but you seem to have missed my point entirely.

I wrote -

David Icke's 'Reptilian Theory' ISN'T HIS. If you have a problem with the theory, take it up with Credo Mutwa the African Shaman or Arizona Wilder et al.

The instigator here is NOT Icke. He merely voices the theory based upon information from SOURCES. Surely people like Icke should be respected for actually putting 'physical effort' into their research? They certainly shouldn't be mocked or laughed at.

Forget John Carpenter, forget Hollywood, the truth is in history.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Maybe the image of the grays has always been imbedded deep within our subconscious like dragons, giants, pyramids, and magic.

Sort of a cop out, but I believe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join