It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Trebek Will Host “Canada’s Next Great Prime Minister”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
SOURCE

According to Reuters, Alex Trebek, who is well known for hosting the game show, Jeopardy, since 1984, will now be hosting the CBC reality show, Canada’s Next Great Prime Minister.

The show features four ambitious, young Canadians, whose ages range from 18 to 25, who are challenged to prove their political competence by engaging in political debates to a panel of judges that are former Canadian prime ministers. But it’s the audience who chooses who the winner will be.

This year’s judges are Paul Martin, Brian Mulroney, Kim Campbell, and Joe Clark.

Trebek, who is a Canadian native, stated that he is “honored to take part in a show of this calibre.”

This show had originated as a written essay contest in 1995 and is now a nationally televised program on CBC Television. The show will air on March 18.

Now the political arena has a forum I had hoped to never see.

Elect Leaders of Nations by having the candidates campaign through a reality TV series.

Get a world renoun veteran personality to host the series and now wwe have the MSM and former PM's air and judge the new comers.

What is wrong with this picture?
well, if voting machines are under oversight and judges no longer appoint leaders, what the hell. Lets make it a game.

Next time, maybe a survivor reality series, eh? The last to "give" or say "uncle" becomes leader of a Nation.

I read about this awhile ago and assumed I was seeing things. Then I remembered...I don't "see things".

Nations Gone Wild.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, nobody is actually making them the next great Prime Minister.
I actually enjoy this idea only because it focuses on the youth-culturally theres this thing going on where its cool to be completely disassociated with anything worthwhile and ignorance is celebrated (I hate that) Speaking as a young person, its good to celebrate those of us who are trying to become all we can be and I'd rather see that on a reality show than a desert island or a gameshow with suitcases.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Great judges, what the hell do they know about politics, or for that matter being Prime Minister's.

join