It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age Of Increased Knowledge Is Upon Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If you think things are bad now, wait until it really hits the fan.
The world is growing so fast there's just too many people.
Even Obama is telling us the worst is yet to come, and this may be the sign of the end times.

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Daniel 12:4

12-10
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
12-11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination (Obama Nation?) that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12-12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

12-13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is good.
Do you have more?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
No sorry.
But I understand Sony played this mind-blowing video at their executive conference this year.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really enjoyed that video. IMO theres nothing wrong with increasing intelligence.

But you have to remember, although there's so many things out there to learn, most are not learning from it.

I'm surprised, I was going to post the top ten google searches lately. And well the top three were all about the stimulus, so maybe i'm wrong and people are smarter then I gave them credit for, although most of the other seven were about chris brown :/

Even similarly Edgar Cayce said the atlantians were overcome and destroyed with knowledge, but knew of it forecoming so hid valuable information under a Egyptian Sphinx.. But i take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I work in the IT field, as do many other people, and I use Google on a regular basis to troubleshoot issues that come about, (Google is your friend).
I've noticed whenever I'm faced with some really abnormal technical issues and do some research, the Google results that come back are usually in some other language other English.
I then hit the translate link and do what I can to fix the problem, then post with my two cents in English.

My only question, why are the tough issues not in English?

Are English speakers not doing due diligence when it comes to troubleshooting tough technical issues?
Have English speakers never encountered these issues before?

Maybe they are too busy searching for Chris Brown????
Really kinda sad.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yep, and just like at the tower of Babel, we now have one language (the internet, allowing any to exchange ideas from anypart of the world)
Genesis 6 "And the lord said ... they all have one language...now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do (7) let us go down and confuse their language...(8) so the lord scattered them about"
I think this is a bit of info that helps identify the "time no one knows" that is prophecied. It will be along with all the "signs of the time", but this bit is left for the wise to discern as hardships, famine, earthquakes and wars have always been...but, when was the last time anyone could talk to anyone so freely

Yep, times of change ahead

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I disagree about the tower of babel. At that time, they were not spread across the earth and there was only 1 culture and language. These people were still evil, but they did not war among each other simply because all were basically alike.

If we had been let out and about in the heavens, still being evil then we would have warred with and tried to enslave any "alien" races we would have come across. Because they would have not been of the same culture and language.

Proof of this is what happens after the languages are confused and people are spread out across the earth. They now see differences in people, rather than being alike. And so they warred with each other and enslaved people of different cultures.

So I think if we can get along with all our different cultures, then it would not be the same scenario. Of course, we see today all over the place that this is not the case. We still war, hate people of other cultures and so on.

The "end times" problem is that people become united under 1 government. And these issues are not resolved. If you aren't of the culture and rule of this 1 government, then the people are killed and so on. So it is a fake unity. And we can see this plain as day now, with talks of "unity" and so on. Which in itself completely ignores the individual. And that is the problem.

The tower of Babel is destroyed for the same reason man was removed from the garden to begin with. And so if we are still evil and reaching out into heaven with a technology where we can travel faster than light and be anywhere we want etc, then you can expect the same again, which is the prophecies of "end times".

Only if mankind unites under the individual, not in government, control and such would there be no problem. And that would be loving thy neighbor as thyself, not trying to turn your neighbor into yourself. This is not the direction we are heading in currently.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There was no garden of Eden and there was no Tower of Babel.

People developed different languages on their own.

The Bible is just a book and people wrote it. Think.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mthans75
There was no garden of Eden and there was no Tower of Babel.

People developed different languages on their own.

The Bible is just a book and people wrote it. Think.

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread? Is there really any purpose or reason for coming in this thread and saying you do not believe? It's fine if you don't believe, but then don't come in threads that are discussing things like this if you don't. It's not that hard.

If this is the age of increased knowledge, then do you not realize that such stories are allegorical?

www.answers.com...

allegory
1. The representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form.
2. A story, picture, or play employing such representation. John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress and Herman Melville's Moby Dick are allegories.
2. A symbolic representation: The blindfolded figure with scales is an allegory of justice.

This is an ancient way of showing and giving people certain understandings.

Plato's Allegory of the Cave

The movie the Matrix is an allegory. Basically it's alot like Plato's allegory of the cave. What you are doing is basically coming into a thread where people are discussing the ideas and philosophy of the matrix, and then saying "Neo isn't real, the matrix movie isn't real". Well DUH, we realize this. If you want to take such a literal view, then you will never understand what is being told.

Increase your knowledge and understanding, and quit taking everything in such a literal fashion. You can always say "the matrix is just a movie" as a way of taking it literal and copping out. Of course, those who are wise will be able to see beyond the literal into the understanding provided.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

The best of the best from Plato in my opinion.
This philosophical idea was the one that got me going.
Thanks for posting that video, hadn't seen it!

top topics

join