It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Illegals Sue Arizona Rancher--Claim violation of "rights."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This guy is his own worst enemy.

Once he catches them, Barnett radios the border patrol to cart them off his land. "You always get one or two that are defiant," says Barnett, who chuckles, remembering an incident a few weeks back. "One fellow tried to get up and walk away, saying we're not Immigration. So I slammed him back down and took his photo. 'Why'd you do that?' the illegal says, all surprised. 'Because we want you to go home with a before picture and an after picture – that is, after we beat the s___ outta you.' You can bet he started behavin' then."

uts.cc.utexas.edu...

He chuckles about slamming somebody down wanting to leave. This shows that he does use force and intimidation and he illustrates it with his own words.

Like I said, if this guy is found guilt it is because he incriminated himself..

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
How is the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) able to support "illegal immigrants"? What is the organization and how are they funded? It just seems impossible that they are above the US law and are able to sidestep illegal immigration in replace of citizen rights to Mexico for all the wrong reasons. They defected to this country to begin with. And the amount of money that is demanded is so outrageous and hateful enough to spark a war on Mexico. Like someone already stated. Where are these illegals and who are the names of these representatives?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
12,000, hm? I take it Arizona law doesn't allow one to shoot trespassers? That's too bad. Think of the dent one many might have made in the flow of criminals into this country.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
UNBELIEVABLE!

I guess we award people for breaking the law now WTF?

The whole immigration issue is all from corporate greed!

Those Mexicans got nerve , i guess working the system and conning the law pays afterall

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is horrible! It fully reminds me of the burglar who fell from the roof and hurt himself and then tried to sue the homeowner.

I imagine the case will end in the same way.

The Wrongdoers are Wrong. Illegally immigrating will remain Illegal.

Imagine the precedent this will set if it goes through, thus simply it cannot go through.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
More info I found pertaining to Arizona law

"The sheriff's stance is, as long as they remain within the limits of Arizona law, they're treated like everybody else," said Capas of the militia groups. "If they're firing their weapons to create an endangerment situation .. . or if they physically hold (the immigrants) or point a gun at them, (that's illegal)."

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/05/31/MNGJ66TS9G1.DTL

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan

That was actually a seperate incident, this isn't this guys first time in court, lol...

DOH! Well then I go back to my original stance

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have no problem with what he did at all.

If I was in his shoes, I would have done exactly the same thing.

It's his land and home. He has the right to protect it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The Fact Remains, They were on his land period. Illegal aliens or Americans , Still they were trespassing on his land. This guy has spent lots of money to keep people out. If they were Americans, what in the world are they doing in the middle of nowhere on his ranch? Up to no good that’s for sure. This man has every right to round them up. I bet he was really Snip when he started finding dead cattle. That is the life blood of the ranch. His ranch is on American soil. He owns the ranch, all 22 thousand acres of it. what do these attorneys not understand. Trespassing is illegal. Properly Damage, Loss to business, ( dead cattle.), Time spent cleaning the messes up, his time rounding up these people. The U.S Government should be paying this rancher 32 million and suing the Mexican Government for losses to the U.S Economy.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I have to wonder as well, as to what these people expect from Amercians. Are we supposed to shake their hands on the way in? Gimme a friggin' break. They know full well what they are doing before they do it. I tell ya what, the first time they threatened my family or my livelyhood, I woulda rounded up some of the good ol' boys, and done the same thing. You realize how much it must cost him in time and money to patrol his own land? I'd be just as pissed as he is. Modern reality never ceases to amaze.

Chrono

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
as far as im concerned this guy had every right to mow them down with a machine gun, say he thought they were terrorists, leave the dead bodies to rot as a warning to other illegals and get a ******* medal for it. immigration problem 'check' now if we could do something about that pesky financial crisis.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by psyko45
A trained security guard working at his post is legally not a police officer.
I'm going to come by your house next week and expect perfect courtesy. You will welcome me, not call authorities, and give me whatever I ask for.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by jdub297]

You are welcome at my home anytime, day or night. I wont call anyone unless you need me to. And I would give you anything I can to help you and your family. But I wont treat you poorly just because others in the past have treated me poorly. Thats just uneducated. And it doesnt matter what color you are. Im not going to assume anything negative until you make me.

By the way. Im a landowning, taxpaying, armsbearing, voting citezen of this great country that Ive been called a disgrace to in this thread for excersising my constitutional right to free speech. My grandfather, My father and I have also all worn the uniform of the US armed forces and served with pride and honor in three armed conflicts. (Two wars and 1 "conflict")And most male members of my considerably large family have done the same, as well as most of the people I associate with and thier families as well. So if this constitutes me being a disgrace to the country that myself and countless others I know have sacrificed to protect then Im a disgrace and will continue to be one. (so that you have the freedom to run your shi$eater)

So..yeah come on over to the house..my wife will probably cook for you, my kids will ask you to play, hell you can even pet my dogs. And if anyone screws with you while you are my guest myself and my family(including the kids) will make sure the door doesnt hit em on the way out.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This man has a right to stop anyone found on his land without his permission. Since he has had cattle die, and has lost calves, this has an economic impact on him. Has it not occured to anyone that he may have been out checking on some livestock whe he found these people.
The illegal aliens have absolutely no rights, simply because they are here illegally.
I don't know what we are going to do when Mexico collapses, and they all start heading this way.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith

The illegal aliens have absolutely no rights, simply because they are here illegally.
I don't know what we are going to do when Mexico collapses, and they all start heading this way.

Here is a photo taken from the front porch of my home.

Do you really think you are more knowledgeable of this problem then I am?

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Annee]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
this is absurd on so many levels its not even funny

the fact "illegals" have a foot to stand on in court is ludicrous

if you're illegal, and you dont like something going on in the u.s.a

take ya ass right back to where ya came from

i dont know whats more outrageous, the fact these people are trying to use the courts when theyre illegals
or the fact the courts even giving them the time of day, truly ridiculous

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Aren't those in this lawsuit legal?

I know we have vigilantes here. They actually had T-shirts made - - they are organized and drive up and down the border in jeeps and other terrain vehicles - - carrying rifles. They did get warned when they chased an illegal into Indian country.

The Border Patrol is NOT appreciative of these vigilantes. Just as any police officer is not appreciative of citizens taking the law into their own hands. But as long as they stay within the law - they can't stop them.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Annee]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
More info I found pertaining to Arizona law

"The sheriff's stance is, as long as they remain within the limits of Arizona law, they're treated like everybody else," said Capas of the militia groups. "If they're firing their weapons to create an endangerment situation .. . or if they physically hold (the immigrants) or point a gun at them, (that's illegal)."

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/05/31/MNGJ66TS9G1.DTL

THEN WHY DON'T THE GOVERNMENT DO ANYTHING?

Makes me sick...government does nothing, so a citizen is doing WHAT IS RIGHT and will be fined for it.

Citizens should be able to do what the law can not. If not - we will only put ourselves in a world of turmoil.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Star and flag, star for everyone participating in this thread. It is a relief to see Americans standing up for one of our own. I have nothing against Mexicans, but Illegals should be treated like the criminals that they obviously are.

Further more I applaud any legal immigrants that went through the proper channels to become citizens of this wonderful country. Obviously they are the type of people we like to welcome with open arms.

God bless America, land that I love.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join