It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Illegals Sue Arizona Rancher--Claim violation of "rights."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
A trained security guard working at his post is legally not a police officer. A security guard does not have the same arresting powers as a certified law enforcement official. Instead, a security guard protects the persons and properties of his employer. Security guard training for certification, specifies to the guard that his arresting powers are limited to consentual detainment and/or confinement of an individual who, out of his or her own free will surrenders to the security guard's orders or commands after being caught violating the law. Laws applicable may range from civil to criminal law violations in citizen's arrests. Restraining a person is temporary and permitted only as a "Citizen's Arrest" until local law enforcement officers arrive at the scene of the incident. Use of force by a security guard is permitted only as a part of the duty to restrain and/or protect his or her own life and the life of others if the subject poses such a threat, otherwise force may not be used at all. Again, law enforcement officials should be contacted immediately to complete the arrest. The use of force is a sensitive subject and can cause reversed litigation for any violation experienced or witnessed which was inflicted upon the subject. The decisions made by a security guard should always be well thought out and assessed against the level of danger posed to his or her own life and the level of liability to others. Once a Citizen's Arrest" is in the making during an incident, the security guard must advise the detainee or subject that they are being restrained under citizen's arrest and call local police. Consideration are to be given to the laws established for each territory in respect to these rights. Please review laws in your local city for applicable rules.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45
Thats what he was saying in order to justify his actions. Basically there had been property damage in the past by illegals. But not this group. They wereAC just basically walking.

ACROSS HIS PROPERTY!

Open you doors.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

Im confused as to what point your trying to make here... I read it what part exactly are getting at?

It does state that use of force is authorized in order to restrain...

====
Snipped lg quote used 'reply to'

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Guess my brown as is an illegal too. Take your BS to bed. I am not trying to show farmer did wrong. I am breaking down what is being said. why don't you give it a try before you criticize people. Just because people are brown don't mean they are all illegal.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Alright, i found the part about citizen arrest. Do you guys feel this fits the law

13-3884. Arrest by private person

A private person may make an arrest:

1. When the person to be arrested has in his presence committed a misdemeanor amounting to a breach of the peace, or a felony.

2. When a felony has been in fact committed and he has reasonable ground to believe that the person to be arrested has committed it.

Link not working. Give you original link..look under article 7

www.azleg.gov...

[edit on 9-2-2009 by jam321]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't care if someone is illegal or not when they are in my yard illegally.
I should have the rite to protect myself.

This is what the rite to bear arms was all about IMO. We have a rite to protect our land and homes.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Looks good to me, goes along the same lines that everything else I have read says...

I would say the guy had a right to make a citizens arrest in this case...

[edit on 9-2-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Found this From Glendale police in Arizona

Before a suspect can be arrested for trespassing, they must – by state law – be given a warning.
That warning can be in the form of a no trespassing sign. Another form is the verbal warning
by a Police Officer, owner or agent if there is no sign. If the suspect leaves and returns after
the verbal warning (which is documented), OR refuses to leave, then an arrest can be made.

www.glendaleaz.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I believe the guy did have "no trespassing" signs as per the earlier case with the hunters I recall reading about his signs... Not sure though and I have no source...

Most ranchers and farmers do have these signs up, and since this isn't this guys first time to do this I'm sure he has them up... again no proof on my part here...

[edit on 9-2-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by XTexan

illegally into another country,

True, but at the time he didn't know if they were illegal or not. He was basing it on the color of their skin.
Or, maybe that he didn't invite them to come trash his stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The way I see, this rancher was trying to stop a crime!

1) People entering our country ILLEGALLY!

2) People trespassing on his land and destroying or damaging his property!

The man was OBVIOUSLY at his wits end to try to stop this "INVASION" and TRESPASSING on his property.

How much of the crap that this rancher put up with would the average American put up with happening on their own property?

Think about it!

In your yard, damaging your property, killing your livelihood?

Just because the man might own a lot of land, doesn't make him less sensitive to what goes on on his property or the damage that is done on his property, or the laws that are being broken on his property!

I believe it will be a travesty if this case actually goes to court!

And that judge should loose his license to practice law, at least in my opinion!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

A trained security guard working at his post is legally not a police officer.
Consideration are to be given to the laws established for each territory in respect to these rights. Please review laws in your local city for applicable rules.
"Wikipedia" does not establish our rights. I'm going to come by your house next week and expect perfect courtesy. You will welcome me, not call authorities, and give me whatever I ask for.

Thank goodness for Hope and Change. See you soon!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
XTEX

Found the site on the lease but nothing is available to view from online.

Everything has to be done in person. I tried.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Fair enough, Ill just assume for the time being that he had the right to enforce trespassing laws on the land in question

I know its different, but I leased an apartment, I can still enforce trespassing laws on that right? Seems the same type of situation to me...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is outragous!
There shouldn't even be a case. Send the illegals back to their own country where they belong. People, do everything in your power to contact your state reps to stop the amnesty program. There are gangs all over America and criminals. We cannot tolerate putting ourselves and children in harms way. Check out ALIPAC and see what you can do.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

A trained security guard working at his post is legally not a police officer.
Consideration are to be given to the laws established for each territory in respect to these rights. Please review laws in your local city for applicable rules.
"Wikipedia" does not establish our rights. I'm going to come by your house next week and expect perfect courtesy. You will welcome me, not call authorities, and give me whatever I ask for.

Thank goodness for Hope and Change. See you soon!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by jdub297]

I believe he was trying to support his idea that firearms cant be used to detain during a citizens arrest, though I'm not sure... He posted a quote with no link and with no commens of his own and then jumped offline... have to wait and see what he was getting at there...

Oh by the way it wasnt from wiki it was from here:

crime doctor

As I pointed out, use of force is authorized in order to restrain the person...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I am curious as to who might fund an organization (MALDEF) which appears to be attempting to further the demise of American sovereignty.

Oh, I see...

www.theamericanresistance.com...

"MALDEF obtains the funding to support its activities primarily from corporations in particular AT&T and IBM, and philanthropic foundations. For the period 1991-1995, the total amount of "gifts, grants and contributions" to MALDEF was over $17 million. Between 1996 and 1998, MALDEF received over nine million dollars from just three foundations the vast majority, over six million dollars from the ford foundation, $1,200,000 from Carnegie Corporation, and another $1,525,000 from the Rockefeller Foundation."

And

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

"Founded in 1968 with a $2.2 million "seed grant" from the Ford Foundation,..."

"Composed of a 35-member board of directors and a staff of 75 employees (including 22 attorneys), MALDEF is not a membership organization. Thus its funding derives primarily from a few corporations and large foundations, most notably the Ford Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Carnegie Corporation. It has also received generous funding from the Ahmanson Foundation, the AT&T Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Open Society Institute, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, and the Verizon Foundation."

That really was too predictable. Same ol' NWO facilitators.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, I went and read the CNN transcript of the interview done about this. It's a bit confusing (being a written transcript from a taped show) but it would appear that these people weren't Illegal's after all but American citizens?

If this is true it does throw a different spin on this whole issue.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

That was actually a seperate incident, this isn't this guys first time in court, lol...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
When I was in the Marines I had another Marine tell me how he was in this special group that would go out and hunt border jumpers. And this guy was serious I was like freaking a.....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join