It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Illegals Sue Arizona Rancher--Claim violation of "rights."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Screwed up.. but it doesn't mean anything... ANYONE can SUE ANYONE FOR ANYTHING lol.. it won't go very far in court. I applaude the rancher for doing what is right, and as far as I can tell he as done nothing illegal...all those people were trespassing.. he was merely doing a citizens arrest

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
12,000!!!! 12,000!!!??? This man should be getting a medal!! Thats 12,000 people NOT draining our economy. And if you believe the hooplah who knows how many of those 12,000 were terrorists? They come in through Mexico too you know. Every American should get some huge lifetime tax break when they turn in over anything more than 10,000.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i find this dispicable
that the judge will even hear the case
the things wrong here are 1) private property 2) ILLEGAL crossing of international borders and trespassing onto private lands...3) they want to sue him?! they are lucky he detained them and didn't kill anyone he had every right to do so..after all as much right as they have to sue.
an easy claim of "harrassing livestock or rustling his cattle" is all he needed to fire a shot and take out every one.
I am watching intently how this unfolds.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

Do you ever get the feeling that some of these laws, especially the ones that do not allow a citizens arrest even if they are committing the act before your eyes, have been designed by LE? It would be interesting to see if any of the lobbying groups for LE had anything to do with taking the ability of the common citizen to defend him/herself and his property away. I am getting so that if I hear a law is supported by LE I vote the opposite of what they want.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So now illegals have "civil rights" once they are in American soil?, where is the law that state just that.

I will like to see how that stands in court.

Here in southern Florida, the minute an illegal touch american soil, they're allowed to stay, if they are intercepted by sea, they're deported.
Wet-Foot-Dry-Foot Policy

YAY!!!

All I have to say is this is ridiculous, I literally can't seem to wrap my mind around how these ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are getting AMERICAN DEFENSE...I understand, yeah we're all human, we all deserve equal rights but then WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING LAWS AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

While we're at it, why have laws protecting American citizens at all? I mean...not like it actually matters in the end anyway, with law offices open all over the country supporting and defending these people, using our tax dollars...

...this just pisses me off...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And what really ticks me off about this is "US" the taxpayers are paying for this stupid charade. Grrrrr

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, but we dont have the right to take the law into our own hands. Acts like this guys with a firearm are what gives responsible civilian gun owners a bad name. The people were simply tresspassing. Not robbing a bank or beating up an old lady. The guy is not LE, hes a cowboy with a gun riding around in camo clothes playing Rambo.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fiorano

So what law says you can shoot and kill five people for cow tipping?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I wish I could talk to this man and thank him.

If these damn illegal immigrants think they have rights by just "being" in the country, then they should NEVER be allowed here in the first place.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

I don't understand any of this:
Aliens asserting thier "rights"
Americans defending private property
Courts, allowing this form of "justice."

What do we do?

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

Condemn the man who

1. NEVER shot these immigrants.
2. Stopped ILLEGAL immigrants.
3. Did this country a SERVICE.
4. Uses his rights that are always in question today.

I have NO RESPECT FOR THEIR LIFE when they hurt the quality of others and mine overall.

Whether or not you think he should have the right to shoot them - he is WATCHING ALL THE TIME illegal immigrants flood his country and just steal the possible job of an American, while also committing various other possible crimes.

You are a disgrace to this country.

In reference to an old thread - you trespass (especially in a situation like this), you lose all your rights. Those rights now belong to the owner of the land.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by salchanra

I have no problem with legal immigrants. My mom didn't speak English 'til she was in 1st grade; my 1st wife's parents immigrated in the 50's.

Im with you there. No problem whatsoever with people who want to be here legally.
As for the Barret idea, bullets for those things are expensive, I'd chamber down to a .308 or similar, much easier on the budget.

I've been very happy with an M-1, .30 is pretty cheap and damn good.

I didn't say that.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Canada's as much a problem,except no one seems to notice or care.

Soon the ACLU or the CLDF (Canadian Legal Defense Fund) will start suing Americans.

jw

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
reply to post by psyko45

You are a disgrace to this country.

He didnt know wether they were illeagal or not.(neither do you)
So somebody walks across your yard you have the right to hold them at gunpoint because somebody peed on your rosebush last week?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ok, I'm confused at this point... I've seen 2 reports... One for a hunting party this guy caught on his land and one for a group of illegals, so which is it or were there 2 seperate incidents?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

I would guess you are LE. Actually, the article did say they were committing property and personal crimes. Not to mention the environmental mess they cause.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

I read that other groups in the past had done these things. Not this particular group.

link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

he is WATCHING ALL THE TIME illegal immigrants flood his country and just steal the possible job of an American,

Most jobs are going to Mexico and other places through outsourcing and those are the jobs you should be worried about the most.

Xtex, 2 separate incidents.

link   
reply to post by psyko45

I was saying it in context of the OP - where it seems like he knew they were.

There are certainly many measures needed to be taken before shooting someone for trespassing.

I remember a bit ago, there was a man who shot a kid with a shotgun for passing through his backyard. He was charged.

The idea of shooting someone for simply walking on your property is absurd...in the context that he knew they were illegal immigrants (which IMO hold no rights), I would not have had sympathy.

With your point of view in mind, I agree with you.

But would you support the farmer if he shot them and killed them knowing they were illegal immigrants?

Eventually, I need to research the complete process and time required to become an American citizen to get a better grasp on why they do not just do it legally.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join