It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Illegals Sue Arizona Rancher--Claim violation of "rights."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If this crap continues and more and more American citizens keep being sued over their absolute right to protect themselves and their property from invaders, there's going to be more bodies found along the border and its not going to be the drug cartels doing the iradicatiing. Its going to be citizens who are going to realise that getting rid of the problem and causing real fear with the invaders is going to be the only way to get through to them. This is especialy true if Mexico does go in the crapper in the near future. There's not enough money in the country to pay all the services these illegals will demand and get if they get here, feet dry!

Zindo

[edit on 2/9/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Can I vomit? This is disgusting and just shows how backwards this country is right now. How did this even make it into court? How has this not been thrown out? How are these people not being arresting while walking into court for blatant trespassing?

How is it neither party in the two party crime cabal will fix this problem? How much more is this country willing to take from our government?

[edit on 9-2-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I'm curious, because I don't remember reading this....
But where are these illegals NOW? Are they in jail for their crimes? Or are they out on the streets being supported by tax payers while this frivolous lawsuit continues?

Good question!

What will ICE do when the trial is over? Take the Plaintiffs and their attorneys (who we're paying for!) over to the bank? Maybe to the Sheriff's office to execute their judgment on the rancher and the deputy shreriff's homes?

This is insane!

Deny Ignorance. Now.

jw

Yeah, the more I think of this, the more disgusted I get.
I seriously want to know where the heck these criminals are. And if they are not in jail, then why not?!

This story, this situation, and these laws are ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So the gitmo detainees have rights. The mexican illegals have rights. The guy who owns property and pays taxes has no rights.

People who want to own guns legally are the bad guy, while gangs are protected because they are minorities.

Smokers who pay insane taxes to support their habit are demonized, while the states profit greatly for sin taxes.

People who work cutting trees to produce paper and lumber are destroying the environment, while some hippie sitting in a tree to "protest" is lauded a hero.

A guy steals $50 Billion and is at home, while if I steal $5 in a post office, I get years.

Cabinet members and congressmen failed to pay their taxes because of an honest mistake, yet I try that, I do not pass go.

Its like bizarro world. Everything insane has become sane.

I wonder why all of these states are pushing resolutions to fire the federal government. hmmmm..............

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but... The guy should have put up signs in spanish and english saying "Trespassers WILL be shot" and sat in a tower with a Barret. He'd probably be in a lot less trouble...

Not sure on Arizona laws in that respect, but it would work here in good ole Texas

[edit on 9-2-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thats how it is in this great country now. This american rancher has no rights. These mexicans will probably win the suet, their kids will get free education, thell get free health care and so on. It really makes me mad how illegal aliens who sneak into our country think that they have "rights" and that they are entitled to all that we americans are. Well this is the country that the liberals want to live in, To all the people that want open boarders.. This is the way your shaping our country, So you have no right to complain about it when it effects you.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Is that why bush and mccain were both huge supporters of the immigration reform(amnesty)bill?

[edit on 9-2-2009 by g raj]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I fail to see the legal ramifications with this lawsuit. Illegal aliens have no rights. Furthermore, this man was simply protecting his property.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

You don't want to know what we've done to protect our cabin and stands. It works real good here in good ol' Tejas!

Sooner or later, the message will be clear to illegal invaders.

What do we do with groups like MALDEF, paying for and sheltering the proponents of this crap?
deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

I have no problem with legal immigrants. My mom didn't speak English 'til she was in 1st grade; my 1st wife's parents immigrated in the 50's.

What has happened that invaders can assert "rights" over those of citizens? Where're the publicly-funded advocacy groups to stand up for the Americans?

I am daily at a loss for the direction this country wants to/is going to.
Am I wrong, or is it the elite "progressives" who are inviting this kind of "change?"

Is this the "hope" you voted into the mainstream last year? Are you happy now?

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So does this mean I can sue the government for violating my civil rights and pointing guns at me constantly and spying on me?
Could this set a legal precedent?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I read this article earlier and was outraged.

The 11 people in question are stating that this man violated their civil rights. How can he have voilated thier civil rights? They aren't even American citizens! They were crossing the boarder ILLEGALLY for crying out loud!!

I looked up the difintion of Civil Rights on dictionairy.com and this is what it says ...

civil rights

pl.n. The rights belonging to an individual by virtue of citizenship, especially the fundamental freedoms and privileges guaranteed by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and by subsequent acts of Congress, including civil liberties, due process, equal protection of the laws, and freedom from discrimination.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

We should take a page from MALDEFs book and start filings thousands of frivolous lawsuits to the point that they go broke... Its a long shot but hey worth a shot.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

Your right, but they don't care... They're just interested in having their bills payed and being taken care of by the American taxpayers. This better get thrown out of court cause its ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I know that here in Texas, (a friend works for Border Patrol) they work in conjunction with many of the farmers, checking out their property from time to time. I find it strange that in the article the man never denies the charges that are being thrown at him. I also find it strange that he put up his own sensors and camoflauge himself to find them. I just think it would have been easier to pull a sting with border patrol agents and put up signs in Spanish alerting them that BPA patrolled the area.

It was stated in the article that the BP was aware this was a major crossing. I really have to ask if this man ever allowed the BP on his property other than to pick up illegals.

As far as the charges, I believe the man has a right to protect his property, but his legal problems coulb be blamed on himself as well. Maybe he should have documented everything on video or just called in the BPA to handle the problem.

I am also surprised that he would go out their alone knowing that the illegals, mainly Coyotes, could have gun. I am sure he was easily outnumbered. Will be interesting to see how this turns out and what kind of evidence they have against him. I really think if he loses it will be because he self incriminated himself.

Oh yeah! I live on the AZ/Mex border a bit further west. Same problem here.

Vigilantes are not allowed - - but they sure try. That is intentionally going out looking for someone you believe is breaking the law. Only protection of threat to bodily harm is justified.

It is the job of the Border Patrol. Taking the law into your own hands is not allowed for any crime committed. This is no different.

We have a few here - that had T-shirt's made up - wear long black coats - and strap on their guns. (wearing guns is allowed in Arizona). Don't tell me they are not intentionally going after "game".

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by salchanra

I have no problem with legal immigrants. My mom didn't speak English 'til she was in 1st grade; my 1st wife's parents immigrated in the 50's.

Im with you there. No problem whatsoever with people who want to be here legally. Those who jump through the hoops to earn their citizenship are the ones who are productive members of our nation, the ones helping the system, becoming part of our communities.

Those crossing the border, typically arent part of our nation. They come here for the benefits, never adapt to being in a new nation, just collect all the handouts they can get and create their own little societies that they had back home.

As for the Barret idea, bullets for those things are expensive, I'd chamber down to a .308 or similar, much easier on the budget.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
QUESTION: Does anyone even thing about the illegals coming across the Canadian border? Or the drug trafficking on the open wilderness Canadian border? Remember the Saudi's of the 911 attack came through Canada.

I'm just pointing out that this focus only on our southern border - - is kind of racist.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
QUESTION: Does anyone even thing about the illegals coming across the Canadian border? Or the drug trafficking on the open wilderness Canadian border? Remember the Saudi's of the 911 attack came through Canada.

I'm just pointing out that this focus only on our southern border - - is kind of racist.

It is only racist to you because you just placed a label on it.

The subject at hand involves the Mexican border. You could start a thread and talk about the cases like this involving Canada.

THIS story involves illegal Mexicans.

What is the problem?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Personally, I live near the southern border thats why I take up this issue, if the northerners are having the same problem then, by all means I'll sell them some rifles to help them handle it.

And ya, 308 is much cheaper than 50 cal, but if they're walking single file nothing will get your point accross like a 50 cal... gues I'd have to advocate having both

[edit on 9-2-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I live 1 mile from the Mexican border in Arizona. Not everyone feels the same as you. And I'm as WASP as you can get - in case you were wondering.

I am also a gun owner - have several in fact.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join