It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economy Crashes Into Hudson River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
So that plane that crashed into the water, or landed rather, in the water.

was that done on purpose during a BS overspending package?

I mean it could have been real, but after watchin the msm focus on it sooooo much i'm wondering of it's true intent.

the pilot was said to be really calm during the landing, could that be because he knew he was going to do it?

anything is possible nowadays

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I feel that I need to say anything was possible all along 99.9% couldnt see it.

The small amount that did grabbed the rest by the throat instead of leading.

Time to get off the beach before the tide comes in!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think you are stretching here my friend.

Why was he so calm about it? Maybe because not everyone is afraid of death (unlike some). He kept level headed, and that should be something to truly admire and learn from.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't think the media really needs such a thing going on to completely avoid and ignore the news it wants to. I doubt it was any kind of conspiracy involving the plane or pilot itself. Luckily it wasn't ditched into the sea, the river doesn't have the waves the ocean does, it wouldn't have been very pretty at all if it hadn't been in a river.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Common physical events used to be attributed to gods, and examples of human courage can be interpreted in other ways, too.
This airline captain was trained to do what he did, and he did it with exemplary focus and steeled nerves.
Planes with proper landing gear do land on rivers and bays everyday; aircraft going over water do carry lifevests. This was an extraordinary feat for the huge craft that had unexpected critical loss of power over a city, a testament to Sullenberger's skill.

Just as we can look up at clouds and see what we want, sometimes we can find symbolism in events. Hey, I thought at the time that the break up of SS Columbia over Texas was a perfect warning for Americans about President Bush from Texas.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I was hoping this was going to be an onion article...

I find it very suspicious that the media focused on nothing else than this for such an extended time. It has been discussed before, but I doubt we will ever know, or at least not for a while.

new topics

top topics

join