It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm loving aliens instead... Robbie Williams

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have been called gullible/crackpot and various other names by a better class of people than the Daily Mail. And I would rather be a crackpot etc. than subscribe to the likes of the Daily Mail.

I gladly unite with the rest of the nutters on this site, than ever click a link to that rag.

codename Blogstalker signing off.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I cant help feeling that the more attention paid to these sorts of articles the more it perpetuates the thinking. Just ignore it and it does not have to affect anyone. After all it is just one persons thoughts. If you didn't buy the paper in the first place you wouldn't know about it. I didn't know about the article until I read about it just now on ATS, so infact you have helped the daily mail spread its rot. I think you should just think twice about what you repeat!!!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by starseedz]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseedz
After all it is just one persons thoughts.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by starseedz]

Now that is funny. He probably hasn't had an original thought in years.

And "problem" is you don't have to buy the paper to read the crap. It is here and all over the net.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well I for one have never even heard of Robbie Williams or of the Daily whatssit, and, I think that's exactly where I'll keep them. Under My Radar.
Anyone interested in RW's "chrisonabike's posts here they are: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'd caution that it may well be that the Daily just made it up, and that these posts may actually belong to their Staff, or that writer Paul whatever. Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Alright, I'm thinking of drafting up an ironic letter for this "daily mail" organization.

Here's what I'm thinking.

========
Some of our members here at Abovetopsecret.com would like to extend our gratitude for your free advertisement regarding our open forum.

We here at ATS welcome all opinions from people of all walks of life. We encourage our members to engage in open discussions regarding their viewpoints, often with high profile people such as Mr. Robbie Williams.

Your attempt to slander our site has served to increase awareness of it.
Bad press is still press, and your readers are now ours.

So thank you once again for donating your readers to us through your free advertising.
We look forward to doing further business with you.

Sincerely, members of Abovetopsecret.com
========

What do you guys think?
IM BACKING YOU ON THIS ONE

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Alright then, everyone who's voiced their opinion seems to agree on my letter.

I'll be sending it off shortly then.

===

Done.

To: (Dailymail)
Re: Robbie Williams and Abovetopsecret.com

Some of our members here at Abovetopsecret.com would like to extend our gratitude for your free advertisement regarding our open forum, in your recent article regarding a Mr. Robbie Williams.

We, the members, here at ATS welcome all opinions from people of all walks of life. We encourage our members to engage in open discussions regarding their viewpoints, often with high profile people such as Mr. Robbie Williams.

Your attempt to slander our us, and him, has served to increase public awareness of us, and as such, our reader base.
Bad press is still press, and your readers are now ours.

So thank you once again for donating your readers to us through your free advertising.
We look forward to doing further business with you.

Sincerely, involved members of Abovetopsecret.com

... I love irony.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
"One of its major recent stories involved claims that the imminent changeover to digital TV from analogue is nothing to do with clearer television pictures, but is instead a plot by the U.S. government to 'monitor and record every household in the U.S.' by placing hidden microphones and miniature cameras inside new sets."

I could've sworn that theory didn't last long because it was so laughable

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Robbie Williams really polarises people in his own country. You either adore him or you really can't stand him.

I'm a fan. But do I think that he's a 100% reliable witness? No. He had a long history of drug problems at once stage, with all the attendant features that that brings, like reportedly hallucinations. I think that he's even alluded himself that he may have bipolar disorder.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the phenomena and have had a sighting myself. I just hope that all is well here. I believe that a healthy balance is important in life.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Can no one see the reverse psychology used here?

This paper in question highlights RW as being a UFO freak!...now we all know that these sightings of UFO's are getting more and more mainstream everyday...Also
It points out the site he visits " Above Top Secret"...( A great Name BTW)...it even gives his "codename"
......and then goes on to say that the site is full of "crackpots" discussing political propaganda....

Right, 1stly why give the site name? and not just some old "UFO" site with no particular name?
2ndly why give his "codename" or "handle" if they didn't expect people to go looking for him on that particular site (ATS)?..
and when they do...they will be hooked on the Political, ufo, 2012, JFK, Roswell, 9/11 subjects that they will start to wake up!!

Also, when someone says a site is full of crackpots it will surely make the inquisitive go check them out?....Well it would me!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just to say, i left a comment yesterday and it didn't make it onto the website, censorship at it's finest. Knew it wouldn't, but its nice to have clarification.

EMM

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Amethystine

"I'm a fan. But do I think that he's a 100% reliable witness? No. He had a long history of drug problems at once stage, with all the attendant features that that brings, like reportedly hallucinations."

OK......

So you Just registered?

Were you by chance 'referred' to this forum by a 'news' paper article?

*By your logic anyone who has ever been drunk cannot be a "reliable witness" because the were at one stage intoxicated on alcohol, "with all the attendant features that that brings...." like reportedly [blah blah blah- fill in the blanks with anything that may discredit your target - blah blah etc....]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethystine
Robbie Williams really polarises people in his own country. You either adore him or you really can't stand him.

And that opinion will be largely based, for most people, on what they have read in the papers. So they still know nothing about him, just basing an opinion on news about him.

Example, in the canteen today, I overheard someone say "I see Robbie Williams has gone a bit loopy". So I asked him, how he knew? Did he know him?
No, entirely what he read in the paper.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
the problem it's not the only article which speak about this subject of robbie and ufo ... it's not a good pub for him or for your site because
i find that uk media laugh much about this subject and it's a good means for them to make fun of robbie and ufo ...
i don't find serious
a new article come from a uk media site scotsman

Robert McNeil:

Robbie, if you see a flying saucer, don't be alarmed … but get rid of that balaclava

Published Date: 10 February 2009

THIS column keeps an eye out for Robbie Williams, the likeable pop-based oaf who has now dedicated his life to searching for UFOFOSs. UFOFOS stands for Unidentified Flying Objects Fae Ooter Space.

Yesterday, Robbie's indefatigable biographer, Paul Scott, gave the nation the latest update, including the bombshell news (to me) that Robbie had come back to live in this country, or at least Englandshire.

He has given up LAT (Los Angeles Toon), because his aides thought it was making him weird. Unfortunately, the relocation plan hasn't worked. According to Paul, Robbie has been wearing a balaclava while oot shopping. Even in the snow, you'd have to have something wrong with you to wear one of these. The itchiness is appalling.

Other than that, Robbie spends his days in his new £7 million chateau-style hoose, surfing loonie websites that claim the switch from analogue to digital TV is a US government plot involving hidden microphones and miniature cameras. How ridiculous. Everybody knows it's the Canadians who are behind this.

Cybernuts on one site also believe FBI satellites are reading people's minds, which must be difficult work. Make sense of this jumble: new midfield needed, huge hooters, remember to get ketchup, specs are missing again, huge hooters, third goal was clearly offside. That's what I've just found going on in ma ain heid. I didn't even need a satellite. Just stood there with a hairdryer set to maximum.

However, fuel will have been added to Robbie's paranoia when he read Paul's revelations of the pop idol's codenames for logging on to the barmy site. I cannot pass these on to you. You will just have to buy all yesterday's papers and find them for yourself.

You say: "How could anyone know these passwords, other than the logger-inner himself or even herself?" Actually, it's quite simple. I traced several user-names of one particularly ghastly individual, simply by checking his contributions and matching them to his life over a certain period. It's true I'm a trained investigator (retired), but you could do so too, if you were willing to sit up all night fuelled by a desire for vengeance.

My advice to the estimable Robbie is this: do not be alarmed. We are merely your guardians, preparing you for your mission on Earth, or whatever this planet is called. The black-and-yellow striped flying saucer you saw over your sunbed in Beverly Hills was merely involved in a shopping trip for some cling-film. Hmm, delicious! Be still. When we are ready to move against the Earthlings, you will find a big rasta hat waiting for you. Wear that, instead of the balaclava, and await further instructions from our Chinese allies.

Scotsman

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by helico0_3

I like your view on this subject.

Robbie certainly has some interesting times ahead.

In reality, if he wanted to completely drop out of mainstream society and do exactly what he WANTS, that would be a BIG RESPECT from many, many people. How many "stars" can give up the limemight for what they really believe?

It's not like he needs the money; although forking out for a £8.5 million pile in the english countryside will cost a bit to upkeep, but hey, at least it has someone who cares about the world sitting on it's throne and not some parasite banker.

"HEY ROBBIE....can we come camp on your lawn and bring our binoculars and cameras?"

A turning point in his life perhaps, after his encounter in LA and his involvement in the darker side of conspiracies maybe he knows it's time to decide.....truth for himself or satisfaction for the masses.

Nobody knows Robbie better than Robbie, and even though I've not been a big fan of his appearance here on ATS....if he walks the walk...give him room to show he can talk the talk, but as a regular member and not a superstar. All that money kinda makes him one of "them".....show us you're not eh?

Hi "chrisonyerbike" if you're reading this. Good luck in whatever you do and wherever you do it. How 'bout some pics of your new pad here for the folks at ATS?

ps...Bonjour helico mon ami Français.
(hello helico my french friend)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think it's scary to see how people are able to do to get out or try to see robbie, I do not find it very funny, humor English or a way to mock him in his passion for ufo, it will still give story ideas to newspapers
it will be the next stupid idea that will be taken to his private property?
what do you think about that , iam curious funny
or

the link of others pictures
public.fotki.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Could this just be another part played by the media to force emotional destability of another celebrity so they can fill their rag pages with more gossip? There seems to be a flavour of picking on people who show signs of stress (fame induced stress no less) and slander and gossip about them until they 'tip' over the edge ala britney spears style.

Oh, I welcome the spotlight on to ATS and the increased membership it brings. It never amazes me how many people still saying they never knew about 9/11, Oklahoma, UFO's, free energy or the very media circus in place to keep us misinformed and in the dark about all these important topics.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
"Dressing up gossip" from the Daily mail? If thats not a case of the pot calling the kettle black i dont what is. Also this paper regularly features articles on the current UFO wave over Britain, i dont even know where to begin so i wont.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What am I doing here? I wasn't replying to this thread? Where are my clothes?

[edit on 2-15-2009 by groingrinder]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join