It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm loving aliens instead... Robbie Williams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
sorry to stem the flow. I for one will never read another daily mail again. one less coin tosser!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe its a good thing that they've mentioned ATS in such a way. A lot of people with an interest to the article, or to RW, or even to the internet in general will probably come view the website and decide for themselves of what this website is about.
And I think a lot of if not everyone will take an interest in some of the things posted here.

Thats my opinion anyways

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sickening is it not. Truly sickening. Just goes to show how poor the Daily Mail is. If they had even an inkling of what ATS has they would out sell every other news paper in the UK. lol

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh yeah ATS is selling BS cakes and all the other media formats arent?

Formats like CNN, MSNBC and Fox news all peddle thier own variety of politically slanted views. Fox gives you your daily dose of Neo-Con propaganda, then you can flip over to CNN and get your daily dose of Bleeding heart liberal panty waist propaganda to. Im pretty sure ATS has its own slant, everyone does. You just have to scavenge through the bull to find the real important stuff. I only listen to a select few people on the main stream media networks. Other wise I go to the web for my news. Sites like this one and rense.com. Some times I may go to other news sites and even the main stream ones, but thats just for a new story.

It has become so bad in America we no longer have a free press. All the media and print press has become slanted to one side or the other and is to biased to dish out the dirt on thier favored side. Its sickening really. Its like we live in the Soviet Union or Nazi germany with thier state run news media. All we get is what some slanted news service wants and thinks we should get.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

I dropped dailyfail a line just to let them know that insulting entire groups of people for taking interests other than what is prescribed by the MSM is not only unfair, but ignorant, and misleading and they do no one a service by lying about what kind of subject matter is discussed here on ATS.

That's the only part of this article that interested me.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What!? ATS gullible subscribers!!?

This journalist deserves a one week "Fire In The Sky" holiday trip!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Educational article.
I learned that my "code name" is LAUGHING-CAT, I always thought it was a screen name.
Always did want a code name, though!
Right-on Daily Whatever

Hell, if I knew we were going to talk in code I would've picked something way more nefarious, like "Mike in Tampa"

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

"One such underground website that Robbie has become a member of is the little-known AboveTopSecret.com, which dresses up gossip and anti-state paranoia as fact for its gullible subscribers."

I'M GLAD 2 B READING THE DAILY EXPRESS........

THE DAILY MAIL shame on them.............
Well cheers boyz @ THE WHO?, OH THE DAILY MAIL
THE LITTLE KNOWN WILL AT LEAST GET THEM FLOCKING TOO GOOGLE abovetopsecret.com

A PROUD MEMBER OF ABOVETOPSECRET DOT COM
am loving it....

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Alright, I'm thinking of drafting up an ironic letter for this "daily mail" organization.

Here's what I'm thinking.

========
Some of our members here at Abovetopsecret.com would like to extend our gratitude for your free advertisement regarding our open forum.

We here at ATS welcome all opinions from people of all walks of life. We encourage our members to engage in open discussions regarding their viewpoints, often with high profile people such as Mr. Robbie Williams.

Your attempt to slander our site has served to increase awareness of it.
Bad press is still press, and your readers are now ours.

So thank you once again for donating your readers to us through your free advertising.
We look forward to doing further business with you.

Sincerely, members of Abovetopsecret.com
========

What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Not bad.

If it was up to me, I'd be adding.

"Oh, and on a side note, you will be hearing from our legal team shortly about the slander charges about to be placed upon you."

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Thats great actually.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Now the Aussie media machine are sticking the boot in too.

How low will these groups go to stop people from waking up to the truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I really have issues with this guy, he is from my neck of the woods; but everytime i see him he becomes a bigger arsehole. This is more because of an excessive lifestyle of drugs, booze, yes men and fame hungry starlets rather than anything paranormal or conspiracy related.

He just makes us all look like nutjobs, maybe they could abduct him for us and lose him!! he gets his anal probe and we get to regain some credibility.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006
www.news.com.au...

Now the Aussie media machine are sticking the boot in too.

How low will these groups go to stop people from waking up to the truth.

I have a funny feeling that the MSM are trying to get people to view ATS!!

Maybe its time for the world to learn/discuss for themselves what is going on around them!

The MSM knows that any publicity is good publicity!
The daily Mail article tends to give an ignorant take on it all which in turn will makes its readers to research for themselves!

So what do you think about that?....Or am I just a typical "crackpot"?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I left this comment on the article:

Robbie has every right to do whatever he likes for crying out loud. No one should be slandering him because they personally do not believe in UFO's. Anyone who's done enough research into the phenomenon will know enough to be able to tell you that there's a percentage of cases that simply cannot be explained. See he MI5's own Nick Pope for an example. Robbie should not be dressed up as a "crackpot" for having an interest in such a thing. Furthermore, you have portrayed websites such as AboveTopSecret.com as a fear mongering disinfo website when that in fact is also far from the truth. Posters there are members of the general public, and people who make posts with claims such as "FBI spy satellites see through brick walls into homes, they can also read the minds of citizens and can scan the brains and memories of humans as if they were computers." Are not always taken seriously, and definitely aren't dressed up as truth by anyone other than the said poster. SHAME ON YOU DAILY MAIL.

I urge the rest of you to voice your opinions of this disgusting article, which is, in my honest opinion, libel, a suable offence.

I implore you Robbie, stand up to them and sue them!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

S&F

Thanks for bringing yet MORE Media drivel to our attention.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
ive read more far fetched things in the daily mail than on here and that includes the tree that ate a cow thread ( more like a bramble than a tree ). The British press have this build you up knock you back down thing going on, i think they see it as good game to belittle someone like robbie and his interests as his former band are doing well, its a matter of time before someone else is the target.

I wouldnt let what that paper writes about the site bother you as most people who buy it only look at the pictures ( usually not news related just a celeb coming out a pub, club, doing there shopping, scratching their arse )

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I can't stop laughing!!!....I really can't!
You want to sue the Daily Mail ?.......Your serious aren't you?...Good Luck!

I suggest some of you wipe the spittle of your monitors and learn to spell correctly before you launch your legal offensive.

Which part of the article do you consider to be defamatory? , they have merely expressed an opinion of a website , I take it you have proof that all the articles posted here are 100% true? fully researched and provable in a court of law? , absolutely no fruitcakes here whatsoever?

Does a newspaper film critic get sued if ,in his opinion, he states that he thinks a particular film is crap?........Your in the opinion business here guys , don't get shirty when someone doesn't share the same one you do!

And "yes" I came here for a look around after reading the article in the Daily Mail , some interesting stuff...........but an awful lot for the "gullible" I'm afraid.

Keep watching the skies

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
funny how they state the site is "little known" trying to minimise it... isnt it one of the top visited websites on the internet ...?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

i picked that one up too. "codename"?

i personally call them 'handles' or 'usernames' and i've heard other descriptions of the names we call ourselves online too but never 'codenames'. it's like the author of that piece is trying to add his own bit of mystique to something otherwise ordinary and mundane.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join