It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Stubb werewolf of bedburg (1589)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I bought a new book called "The encyclopedia of the undead"
(which is pretty good by the way
)
and read the horriffic story about Peter Stubb or as it sayd known as Stubbe/Stumpf or Stube.And the story goes like this :

In 1589, Peter Stubb (a.k.a. Peter Stube, Peeter Stubbe, or Peter Stumpf) had one of the most lurid and famous werewolf trials in history. After being stretched on the rack, a close to 40-year-old Stubb confessed to having practiced black magic since he was twelve years old. He claimed the devil had given him a magical belt which enabled him to metamorphose into "the likenes of a greedy deuouring Woolf, strong and mighty, with eyes great and large, which in the night sparkeled like vnto brandes of fire, a mouth great and wide, with most sharpe and cruell teeth, A huge body, and mightye pawes." To turn back into his human form, all Stubb had to do was remove the belt.For twenty-five years, Stubb had been a self-described "insatiable bloodsucker" who gorged on the flesh of goats, lambs, sheep, men, women,and children. He confessed to killing and eating fourteen children, two pregnant women, and the pregnant women's foetuses. One of the fourteen children was his own son, whose brains he devoured.

Not only was Stubb a mass-murderer and cannibal, but he was also a fornicator. He had an incestuous relationship with his daughter, and he coupled with an assortment of mistresses and one succubus sent to him by the devil.

Stubb was finally caught when hunters ran him down in his wolf form. He foolishly took off his belt and was recognized."Peter Stubb was sentenced to having his skin torn off by red-hot pincers before being beheaded

this seems like an interesting story.
theres alot of stories similiar to this one
my thoughts of Peter ,he was mental and just killed people,but who knows ?

I'd love to hear your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
@ the way he died they definitely didn't mess around. Interesting story but it might have been grossly exaggerated over the years. Maybe he was the village idiot running around naked except for a fur cloak and a belt while doing what he did? Probably just insane and they wanted to say that he was a werewolf for obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
yeah i guess so
it was long ago .people believed anything

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Dont think he was much occult.. , most likly an victim of political terror? The dude was far from poor, case beeing overseen by unusual high standing clerks for a simple werewolf/witch trial.And being protestant did not help Peter much. His daughter and girlfriend was both raped, strangeled, and burnt alive togheter with the headless body of the "werewolf"

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm a bit rusty at history. Without looking it up, I am guessing this was during an "Inqusition" or "Witch Trial". They got people to confess to anything back then. The rack was very persuasive.

top topics

join