It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomnia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I has it!! ...Actually, I've had it all my life, sleep hates me just in general and my dad's the same way, so at least I come by it honestly, as they say, but...

Anybody have any sure-fire cures for it?

I don't like sleeping pills (they make me groggy) and booze doesn't work (acts as a stimulant--no, that doesn't make any sense, maybe I'm an alien or something) ...anyone?

*tries alternate methods*

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Breathing techniques.Got to the library or look up online about self relaxation techniques.Works for me sometimes but not all the times.
Change your diet and dont eat say after 8pm.
Also join a gym and work out in the evenings makes you sleep like a baby.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Breathing techniques.Got to the library or look up online about self relaxation techniques.Works for me sometimes but not all the times.
Change your diet and dont eat say after 8pm.
Also join a gym and work out in the evenings makes you sleep like a baby.

Hm. I exercise in the mornings, maybe I should try swapping it around instead... worth trying, and thanks!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No prob.Thats what works for me.I cant exercise in the mornings ive tried a few times to change my routine but it always killed my motivation.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Well, it wakes me up, but there are days (especially when I'm having trouble sleeping) that I keep at it only because the day can only improve from there.

Truth be told, if I put it off past morning, too many other things will distract me and I have trouble getting to it at all.

top topics

join