It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

hell O.E. hel, helle "nether world, abode of the dead, infernal regions," from P.Gmc. *khaljo (cf. O.Fris. helle, O.N. hel, Ger. Hölle, Goth. halja "hell") "the underworld," lit. "concealed place," from PIE *kel- "to cover, conceal, save" (see cell).

The Eng. word may be in part from O.N. Hel (from P.Gmc. *khalija "one who covers up or hides something"), in Norse mythology Loki's daughter, who rules over the evil dead in Niflheim, the lowest of all worlds (nifl "mist"), a death aspect of the three-fold goddess.

Transfer of a pagan concept and word to a Christian idiom, used in the K.J.V. for O.T. Heb. Sheol, N.T. Gk. Hades, Gehenna.

Used figuratively for "any bad experience" since at least 1374. As an expression of disgust, etc., first recorded 1678. Hell-bent is from 1835. Hell-raiser is from 1914 (to raise hell is from 1896); hellacious is 1930s college slang. Expression Hell in a handbasket is c.1941, perhaps a revision of earlier heaven in a handbasket (c.1913), with a sense of "easy passage" to whichever destination. Expression hell of a _____ is attested from 1776.

Hell or high water is apparently a variation of between the devil and the deep blue sea. To wish someone would go to hell is in Shakespeare (1596). Snowball's chance in hell "no chance" is from 1931; till hell freezes over "never" is from 1919. To ride hell for leather is from 1889, originally with reference to riding on horseback. Hell on wheels is from 1843.

The soul that you carry, which is the house of ancestors and foriegners (not of your blood ie. friends without a home) is carried through your blood. It acts as storage by way of dna. The blood then filters through the organs of the body removing toxins that could harm the body or house which is literally the promised land of those before you.

You've heard in the bible before the term, "Gathered to his people". This is a 30 day mourning period. It is a time, times and half a time. During this mourning time, the past away is being remembered to the people, this is your earnings. It is 21 days to build new formed Neural paths, in this time of rememberence the light which is seen is the minds drawing them to them in love.

When the blood stops, that is, there is no more "descending", the line ends. The one to do this is causing the abomination which causes desolation. This one. This one is the fallen son, which is any man, up to 1/3 of all that have ever lived. By believing in things not true, but rather believing a god that can't save will save them they do not repent from the lifestyle they lead and die in it also ending the family line so that the blood is on there head. This is why Jesus tells us, "woe to the one that stone falls upon, they are crushed and scattered to the wind.

The spirit comes to warn those and tell them of things to come, that is their end...hell....non existence.

God dwells in the light, not in the dark. Love your neighbor as yourself. See the truth, not the make believe. God says, "I have not spoken from a secret place sense the beginning, I did not tell Jacob to seek me in vain". See who the son of man is that is made as grass. He said, forgive them for they know not what they do...all of us.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
you know i cant resist threads like this but i can respond at this exact moment, but i wlll i promise

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
well in the greek its called the abussos which is where we get the word abyss

what? lol actually its hades

Here's the kicker. Both of your answers are references in Greek terminology. Hades means the grave, abussos is abyss, both are in Greek, and both are different biblical references. Satan will be cast into an abyss, and then later into a lake of fire and brimstone. There is also the Hebrew Sheol, and there is Gehenna which is also Greek.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehappyangel
Here's the kicker. Both of your answers are references in Greek terminology. Hades means the grave, abussos is abyss, both are in Greek, and both are different biblical references. Satan will be cast into an abyss, and then later into a lake of fire and brimstone. There is also the Hebrew Sheol, and there is Gehenna which is also Greek.

yea, i kind of went into that in the first page at the bottom

[edit on 16-2-2009 by miriam0566]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

My first comment was sort of the summary of your lengthy explanations. I think the readers of this thread need to simply understand that no one will burn for eternity in a pit of fire or be tormented day and night. The lake of fire is a death sentence.... plain and simple. Accept God and have everlasting life or die and cease to exist. Hell is not an acceptable word and has ruined the christian doctrine since the death of John, the last apostle and end of the apostolic era. Catholicism took over after the first century and adopted the greek and roman pagan ideas of hell, feeding it into christian doctrine and twisting what the scripture said in their latin vulgate.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
They'r shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Matt 8:[12] But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matt 13:[42] And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.[50] And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matt 22:[13] Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matt 24:[51] And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matt 25:[30] And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 13:[28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

this is every single scripture that references "weeping and gnashing of teeth"

does any of them talk about eternal hellfire? the only one that even mentions fire is matt 13, but that is a parable about the wheat and the weeds. jesus used the furnace as an illustration of destruction. (when you think fire, do you think destruction or torment?)

weeping and gnashing is likely feelings one has to their condemnation, to being spiritually "cut off" from god. judas for example weeped and felt regret to the point of suicide. but nothing in the scriptures says that he would be doing that now (since now he is dead)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Good response and great research. I was getting ready to tear open on the "gnashing of teeth" line. I present the fact that when people burn to death, they are not automatically dead but dieing. As you're dieing a horrible death, you suffer in agony and pain. You gnash your teeth when you suffer in torment. It's only a temporary torment though. But you put it nicely. Kudos.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join