It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Institute for Human Continuity- what's really going on here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So I came across this strange site that's called The Institute of Human Continuity (IHC), which claims to be an organization that was setup in secret some 30 years ago by a group of scientists and politicians. Its main objective is to ensure the survival of the human race beyond the supposed upcoming cataclysmic events which have been predicted for 2012- mainly Planet X, earthquakes, super volcanoes and so on....

It also includes "registration" for a lottery which is supposed to give you a chance at survival by being accepted into one of IHC's "safe havens."

I mean this is some site. It shows the supposed number of people from around the world who have signed up for this lottery, it gives simulated animations of all the scenarios which their scientists have determined will most definitely take place, history of the organization, its founders etc etc... it looks pretty damn legit.

Then I hit the little link at the bottom that says Terms of Service- and wouldn't you know it, apparently SONY is behind it all.... but why?

Then I found these 2 youtube videos on this blog that gives a very intriguing explanation into what might be going on here with this site and 2012 (and the movie).... check them out below. It's in 2 parts and is all together about 15 mins long.. well worth the watch IMO.

The 2nd part is very interesting and a bit ominous...

I couldn't figure out what he was getting at in the last few seconds. Can anyone else figure it out?... It also made me think of D4rk Kn1ghts warnings....

[edit on 9-2-2009 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Interesting video and website, they really did make it up to look legit...

Why would Sony do this? Is it just an ad or is there really some hidden agenda like the maker of the youtube video claims?

Honestly I don't put much faith into prophecies of any kind, whether they be Mayan, Biblical, or from some other source. All the new-age consciousness prophecy theories really get tiring because they do their best to tie in as many conspiracy theories as possible like some sort of grand tapestry which, to most people, is eye opening, but when you really look at or think about their claims they don't really hold much water...

I believe in the NWO because many have openly stated their desire for World Government, its no secret, its right out in the open, but all this prophecy new-age consciousness-alien-Jesus-anti-christ silliness just isn't compelling...

Still, why did Sony set up the website to be so legit

Edit to add that when you load the front page, for a brief second at the bottom left of the screen (on firefox at least) you can see it loading from sonypictures.com...

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

They got me with this the first time I saw it myself. But it is part of a viral marketing plan for Roland Emmerich's upcoming movie. "2012".

First Showing.net - more info

I couldn't help but wonder if all the hoopla about 2012 that has been floating around the net the last year or so, was preconceived for the purpose of marketing this upcoming film.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by CosmicClearance]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that it is just for the movie, but I signed up for the lottery anyway. Maybe they will send me a free ticket or something for the movie or maybe I will win my spot in the moon colony. Either way Iwin.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It is called "Viral Marketing" and Sony is doing a fine job of it. You can start your own website like "www.geddongear.com" and maybe get people to "come to your site" and "make money" instead of "paying it".

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yes, the IHC is a viral movie marketing ploy.
But they do link to realities.

The Alliance to Rescue Civilization is Real!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I saw a commercial for the IHC on TV the other day, at the end it said "This Film is Not Yet Rated" at the bottom of the screen.

The only thing I'm curious about is whether this is a commercial for the movie 2012 or if it's a different sci fi doomsday movie.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyPete
I saw a commercial for the IHC on TV the other day, at the end it said "This Film is Not Yet Rated" at the bottom of the screen.

The only thing I'm curious about is whether this is a commercial for the movie 2012 or if it's a different sci fi doomsday movie.

C'mon guys they got Woody Allen pretending to be a 'crazy' conspiracy theorist claiming that 2012 will involve massive destruction of the earth. He goes on to say that Terrence Mckeller is in it for the 'Ca-Ching' (a pun on I-Ching) Even though the guy is dead.

All it is, is a bit of entertainment to make 2012 look like a 'bit of fun'. It kinda is, but this is just a huge conditioning process.

top topics

join