It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reduced sex drive: a conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The popular and internetnet-availavble film "Esoteric Agenda" (Google it if you haven't already seen it...quite popular with the ATS crowd) made a brief and tantalizing reference to reduced sex drive at one point but didn't elaborate. Presumably if a widespread attempt to reduce sex drive were being implemented chemically (through water. food, air, etc.), it would be connected to the general population reduction conspiract theory.

Does anyone give any creedence to this idea, or has anyone heard of efforts along these lines?

Personally, I started thinking about this because I've realized that my own sex drive has plummeted over the past 5 years or so. Part of this may be natural hormonal changes related to getting older, and I know its never a good idea to generalize broad trends from one's personal experience, but it really got me thinking about the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Seriously, marriage causes this, stress causes this, children cause this, it's all scientific and explainable no conspiracy here.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's so difficult to tell.

One one hand you have the media, completely innundated with sexual imagery, on the other, a very strong "Do not have sex!" message.

I do not notice people doin' it less, but then again, I don't have statistics.

What I do notice is a staggering increase in female births... like 10 girls to every 1 boy. That I think is a real conspiracy of some sort.

Oh yeah and I mentioned this in a RATS posting, I also notice that there seems to be a growing undercurrent of "asexual" people--not those who simply look/dress androgenously, but honestly feel that they are both or neither gender.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

There was an episode of Stargate SG-1 that dealt with sterility when they me the Ashen. Not sure if that will lower your sex drive though...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Considering the fact that 63% Americans are overweight with a BMI (Body Mass Index) in excess of 25.0 it would definately cause pause to wanna hop in bed with the McDonalds junkies. That thought alone would reduce my sex drive.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I've read somewhere that certain chemicals in certain plastics reduce testosterone. Maybe that has something to do with it?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That's stupid that they now need to create drugs to deter human nature.

HUMAN NATURE! WHY WOULD YOU FEEL THE NEED TO WEAKEN IT?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I've certainly not experienced a reduction in sex drive , but if someone were to propose population reduction by reducing people's sex drives the world over, I wouldn't be opposed. Sure, we can support the number of people we have now, for a while, but the world would last longer if there's less of us.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Personally, I've found the opposite--my drive has increased as I've gotten older, and the same is true for my friends (in their 30's and 40's).

But... my friends and I also have a similar approach to honesty in a relationship, and tell our partners basically everything about wants/likes/interests, and expect the same honesty in return. This can lead to some very exciting territory that's also quite spiritual, emotional, and strengthens the relationship overall, imho.

Also, most of us plan date nights with our spouses, and that helps a lot. You can keep the "newlywed" thing going for years just by having good communication, seriously. I've been married for almost 10 years and still get giddy when my hubby walks into the room.

As far as chemicals in the diet go... that's a tough one, frankly. Different chemicals affect people differently. Prescription medications or existing conditions like diabetes or even sleep disorders are usually the first thing to examine and rule out, though. Not sure about anything else.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by quitebored]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Considering the fact that 63% Americans are overweight with a BMI (Body Mass Index) in excess of 25.0 it would definately cause pause to wanna hop in bed with the McDonalds junkies. That thought alone would reduce my sex drive.

You know, brings up a good point. More adipose tissue means more converting of androgens into estrogens, which will lower sex drive.

-not

top topics

join