It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are griffins real and indicative of ancient genetic engineering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

THE Griffin is a monster with the body of a lion, the head and
wings of an eagle, and back covered with feathers. Like birds it
builds its nest, and instead of an egg lays an agate therein. It
has long claws and talons of such a size that the people of that
country make them into drinking-cups. India was assigned as the
native country of the Griffins. They found gold in the mountains
and built their nests of it, for which reason their nests were
very tempting to the hunters, and they were forced to keep
vigilant guard over them. Their instinct led them to know where
buried treasures lay, and they did their best to keep plunderers
at a distance.

OK so the idea is a little bit far-fetched, you say. Hear me out.

On Ian Punnet's recend radio show he brought up a point that most of the creatures revered in hereldary have a counterpart in nature, because people like to have a physical embodiment of the charictaristics they are emulating.

This got me thinking about the Griffin, which is represented in many different cultures. Assuming that it is "real" it is not a creature that is likely to be found in nature. Consider:

If you have a bird's body, it is highly specialized to sustain flight. Its bones are hollow, its body are arranged so that the muscles powering flight are in the chest rather than the wings, ect. ect.

Having a creature that had a partially mamalian body but was still able to fly with feathered wings would be virtually impossible, but the characteristics are clearly ascribed to the Griffin as stated above.

So... assuming that it is/was at one time real, the Griffin strikes me as something that might be an example of genetic engineering. Why?

• The obvious: It's composed of two distinctly different species.
  • The great size: Remember the video of the Liger and how fronkin' huge that thing was? Perhaps the same principal would apply here.
  • The location: India is also reported to be the site of an ancient nuclear war. In our own world we have discovered nuclear technology and genetic technology at relatively the same time--why not in ancient times too?

Thoughts appreciated ATS.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Bump

I have got some S&F but no comments, would really like to hear what ATS thinks about this!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There are stories of gryphons in Persian texts as well as throughout Western Europe. Very little in Eastern Europe, which is odd since Turkish influences should have passed them along unless the Turks shunned the tales from Persia.

There must have been something that brought these tales to light. Of course it is my belief that the worldwide tales of dragons are from seeing whole dinosaur fossils and guessing what they may have looked like alive.

There were a few feathered dinosaurs. there were some with bird-like beaks as well. But none off the top of my head that would look like a gryphon per say, but with enough imagination it is possible.

As for genetic splicing. They would have to be farther along than we are even if the wings were purely vestal and flight was impossible. Then again, despite our advances we could very well still be in dark ages as far as to what is possible.

I have often wondered just how much information was lost with the Library of Alexandra and much farther along we would be had it not been lost. The sudden leap of development in many parts of the world with the Americas, Ancient Egypt, Asia and the stories of the Aborigines of Australia's ending of the Dream time all seem to happen around the same time. For me that tend to point to a broken prior civilization. Arguments can be made as to Atlantis, Mu or Ancient India. But it would seem that some thing was there and that something happened to break it all up.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thanks for responding.

Originally posted by Ahabstar
There are stories of gryphons in Persian texts as well as throughout Western Europe. Very little in Eastern Europe, which is odd since Turkish influences should have passed them along unless the Turks shunned the tales from Persia.

There must have been something that brought these tales to light. Of course it is my belief that the worldwide tales of dragons are from seeing whole dinosaur fossils and guessing what they may have looked like alive.

One of the things that strikes me is that griffin myths seem to be very far spread across time and geography, which makes me wonder if there was a common species being observed.

There were a few feathered dinosaurs. there were some with bird-like beaks as well. But none off the top of my head that would look like a gryphon per say, but with enough imagination it is possible.

But the thing about that is, they woudl not have been able to tell that it was lion-shaped from a fossile, or even feathered--for separate cultures to see a fossile and imagine the same thing seemes outside of chance for me.

As for genetic splicing. They would have to be farther along than we are even if the wings were purely vestal and flight was impossible. Then again, despite our advances we could very well still be in dark ages as far as to what is possible.

I am not going to assume that the wings were intended to actually serve a purpose--they could very well have been there just to see if it could be done.

I have often wondered just how much information was lost with the Library of Alexandra and much farther along we would be had it not been lost. The sudden leap of development in many parts of the world with the Americas, Ancient Egypt, Asia and the stories of the Aborigines of Australia's ending of the Dream time all seem to happen around the same time. For me that tend to point to a broken prior civilization. Arguments can be made as to Atlantis, Mu or Ancient India. But it would seem that some thing was there and that something happened to break it all up.

It was an astonishing loss to be sure. Perhaps the very existance of such knowledge was why it was destroyed in the first place.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Not only these. There are even many such stories in Ancient Indian Books like "Puranas" that reveal this fact of ancient genetic engineering. For example, Puranas contain stories or histories about sage named "Kashyap", who had some wives through which today many races emerged. Similarly, he had a wife called "Vinata". Through Vinata Kashyapa had a son namely "Aruna" who was a human. But after her birth, Vinata is believed to have some modifications in her body with some bird features, probably genetic engineering. Due to this modification, she laid a distinguish type of egg, probably agate therein or something different. But soon from the material, a human eagle took birth namely "Garuda", a famous ancient Indian creature and is believed to exist once in India. Not only these, but even two sons of Aruna that nephews of Garuda too were modified with vulture genes, who were ape vultures like creature. They were known as "Jatayu" and "Sampati", famous characters of "Ramayan", an ancient indian event believed to be taken place 1.7 million years ago.

This is a Garuda

edit on 1-10-2012 by pritishxsinha because: There was no need for the external link option in my post, so I removed it as "link to the external image" provided in this post will show the same thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
So... assuming that it is/was at one time real, the Griffin strikes me as something that might be an example of genetic engineering. Why?

Thoughts appreciated ATS.

Man is only just starting to repeat the same experiments that the fallen ones performed during the days of Atlantas.

If you have ever been to Hades then you may have seen cherubim or winged lions attacking fallen creatures.

Back in the days of Atlantas satyrs were flesh and blood creatures, transgenic hybrids of spliced human (or angel) and goat genetic material. they created other transgenics as well, such as minotaur, centaur, peagasus, harpies.

i once asked an angel the following...
"The thing that is surprising me the most is that all of these creatures are in myths, yet now I am finding out that they are all true."

and got the following answer...

'They are very..literally true..had you lived before the flood, it would not be that odd to see a centaur go running by. In fact..it is part of the modern vision of the NWO to once again create transgenics like these..and i'm sure you've already heard of genetically modified organisms being created in labs.'

So very soon all of these myth creatures will exist once again. I am sure it will be very popular amongst the general public.

Lets hope we don't have a animal version of the film 'West World' or 'Animal Farm'.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

Your reply made me think that gryppons were probably dinosaur remnants hunted down to extinction by our human ancestors int hose times. Thing:

"Lion head"- Theoropod
"Feathered wings" Many small dinosaurs had it
"Lion tail" easily mistaken because of the feathers.

We are probably talking about a winged Dromaeosauridae. They were big enough to eat lions tough.

top topics

join