It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
ron girl,i got your u2u but im still a noob here and cant reply cause i dont have enough thread post's.
im willing to do what ever yes i like your ideas will try to make it happen,u2u me with any other ideas or reply here.

i work 6 days a week but my free time is free time so any ideas you have or others(ideas being positive and helpfull)
much love and hope!!
The weird guy

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

While some people may truly have an illness, I wonder how many of these people are going through rough times and get stuck on anti-depressants?

Now, even if the person in the video is faking all of this, still a good discussion none the least.

Medication for depression is like a pesticide. Will only work for so long. So it seems, with all these reports of people on medications killing themselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
reply to post by mystiq

While some people may truly have an illness, I wonder how many of these people are going through rough times and get stuck on anti-depressants?

Now, even if the person in the video is faking all of this, still a good discussion none the least.

Medication for depression is like a pesticide. Will only work for so long. So it seems, with all these reports of people on medications killing themselves.

Even without the meds there are a lot of people who commit suicide on a whim. THey get stuck in a depressed moment but woule be utterly treatable if someone helped them t hrough.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I was told lithium was not as dangerous as some medications, and saves lives.
What I don't know about the beautiful, intelligent, young man that was lost to the world due to his illness, is whether he was on meds or not at the time, but part of the problem was that he was suspicious of other people, didn't trust his family, and was working alone, hundreds of miles from those who knew and loved him, so lack of support and connections with others seems to be key as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think the decision to stay here is for each and every individual as individual as their circumstance. He very well may be from another planet or he may very well believe that he is. Regardless his suffering is extreme and he is resolved in carrying this out. I think we need to respect another persons right to do this. There will be a consequence for him in his afterlife but that is his lesson to learn, not ours to preach.

On the other hand, if he really wanted to make sure that no one found this site to "stop" him before the 30 days is up- he should of waited until Day 29 to publish his page. With that in mind- it is possible he is another bull#ter..

Either way- it is his choice. Not ours to make.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It is our responsibility to actually prevent people who are ill, and need help, to receive that help and not end their lives. This tragedy is the outcome of many people who are suffering from various mental disorders and disconnects from others. This is not mercy killing, or allowing someone who is terminal and in extreme pain, to end their lives in dignity. This is a tragedy that is preventable in many cases, and in this case, he should be reached by every means necessary.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chucktah

Some might find it greedy and selfish, but again, one could argue that you are only showing the compassion for the ones left behind. Yes there will be pain for them but do you seriously think their pain is more than the one who decided to end their life? As humans, like you said previously, are the only ones who do this. We go against our own number one program to live life. The need to survive is completely ignored. If by chance you are still alive after jumping off a bridge, you will most likely try to swim because of this instinct.

But this is my point, to ignore this then there must be something more painful preventing your program to live. You financial analogy is not a good example. People who kill themselves most likely have thought about it their entire life. You said yourself you have never thought about it, therefore a financial set back for you is just a hiccup. You can not possibly understand what it would take.

I can see your point about having bigger balls to face your fear but despair is bigger, especially if it has been a life long issue. Now I'm not defending every situation. Young teens who break up with their first love, drunken stupidity, etc etc, these are just learning experiences. But grown adults who have already been through a lifetime of lessons and have prevailed through each one to finally commit hairy carry probably feel pretty damn bad about something. You need to feel that pain to understand, but you haven't.

You are right about one thing. I have experienced the loss. A reputable homicide detective of 25 years. A house, money, compassion and the strength and generosity of 10 men. Incredible interrogation skills and warmth that would make a guilty man confess on his own accord. Working with abused children and sexually abused women making it a priority and working relentlessly to see justice where it was deserved. Decidedly blow his brains out in the bathroom of the police station where he worked. My brother and my hero. A shock to the entire family, anyone of the other brothers including myself maybe, but not him. He had it all.

This is why I take offense to the weak and selfish statement. You don't get into his line of work and have the ability to stomach the sh!t that gets served everyday for being weak and selfish. You don't know how big that straw was to break that back.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You know what...if you have enough smarts and the ability to create a blog, read the daily responses, create a frenzy, create a panic, and have the presence of mind to be curious how people will react...your not ill..your just a jack@@@! You wanna end it, end it, and stop wasting our time...some of us wanna enjoy the life GOD gave us and not be bothered with your stupidity!

EDIT TO ADD: I have compassion and WANT to help those who truly need it. But to do all this, announce it, count it down...your a douchbag...

[edit on 2/9/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
You know what...if you have enough smarts and the ability to create a blog, read the daily responses, create a frenzy, create a panic, and have the presence of mind to be curious how people will react...your not ill..your just a jack@@@! You wanna end it, end it, and stop wasting our time...some of us wanna enjoy the life GOD gave us and not be bothered with your stupidity!

EDIT TO ADD: I have compassion and WANT to help those who truly need it. But to do all this, announce it, count it down...your a douchbag...

[edit on 2/9/2009 by rcwj75]

Perhaps you missed my other post about the blog thing. It's a back door. He doesn't "really" want to do it but he's convincing himself, but hoping for intervention. Its a way for him to say no turning back.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
As someone who has suffered from deep depression for various reasons including long term debilitating illness and as someone who has watched others go through various mental problems and terminal illnesses.

It should always be the individuals choice.

We live in dark times, and things are going to get worse before they get better. That's just a stone cold fact that every one of you who reads this knows in their gut or you wouldn't even be on this site.

There are people out there who have real problems coping for various reasons, peoples whose lives really are not worth living.

If they choose they want to end the game early then that is up to them, as long as they have given it due consideration.

Personally there have been long periods of time, I'm talking months and years where I really wanted to die with all my heart, but I felt for my own reasons that taking my life wasn't the right thing to do so I didn't. But I would have been ok with dying, I don't have any problem at all with other people dying around me, even loved ones, because my own experiences have led me to see the value in death (not that i am a psycho or anything), even now though im not particularly depressed and for the first time in years my illness has been lifted to a considerable degree, if death was to come and claim me tomorrow I would welcome it and be thankful for the peace i was given in the last months.

I think that the way our society deals with death is very selfish and damaging to the people who are left behind. I know a lot of people wont like what i have said here but its almost impossible for me to explain what not being scared of death does to your perspective, and I don't mean that in a macho kind of way, I mean on a deep level I just dont see it in the same light as normal society and I think its completely unfair to judge everyone by the "you must live because we say so but were not really gonna help you" crowd that makes up the masses of this planet.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Yes I did..I didn't read all the posts..sorry. I agree, he is looking for someone to reach out, but at some point you gotta accept that life is not like a movie. It can be tough, depressing, happy, sad, awesome, etc...but people these days DEMAND and EXPECT things...and when they don't get them they do this crap. As you and most already know...IF you truly wanna end it all, you won't say anything, won't give a hint, NOTHING...you will just be found one day....thats it!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

My oldest son shows the same tendencies his father and half brother has, he held mid to high 90s in all the sciences (physics, chemistry, math and computer programming) for his first year of college. He is extremely competent with any computer program.

I'd really like to know your point? Having a mental disorder, which is the same thing in the end as any other physical ailment, is not the same thing as being mentally challenged. People with these physical/mental ailments hold down jobs, and look on the surface to many, like they do not have these conditions, yet they do.

edit to add: with him its borderline but I'm worried and don't know how to get him to look into it since he disregards most things I suggest.
[edit on 9-2-2009 by mystiq]

[edit on 9-2-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Your right, you wouldn't say a peep. Creating a blog is rather cruel if he actually goes through with it. However, after the denial, anger and acceptance it may provide closure. Closure is one of the more difficult things and can last a lifetime even after acceptance of death.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tungsten core
ron girl,i got your u2u but im still a noob here and cant reply cause i dont have enough thread post's.
im willing to do what ever yes i like your ideas will try to make it happen,u2u me with any other ideas or reply here.

i work 6 days a week but my free time is free time so any ideas you have or others(ideas being positive and helpfull)
much love and hope!!
The weird guy

I sent you another UTU. I'm heading to bed for the night and will check back in the morning. Good night.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am absolutely suprised by the level of disconnect with information on mental disorders and the dangers they present and the fact that someone impaired with one of these is not cruel, they are not being themselves in their inability to trust others and many are literally a danger to themselves unless they receive treatment, which can be diet, nutrients, natural remedies as well as possibly meds.
This is not their fault in any way, nor is their behavior bad, wrong or cruel. They have an illness.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
He's not going to actually do it, none of these attention seeking brats ever do.
People like this are all over Youtube, and to be honest it's a waste of space on the internet.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I plan on finding the approximate location of his house/apartment using the land marks in his video. I know the location of the Santa Monica pier, Hollywood sign, edison's star, and the church of Scientology, Does anyone know the name or location of the other landmarks ?

Day 6
s674.photobucket.com...

Day 8
s674.photobucket.com...

day 11
s674.photobucket.com...

s674.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I haven't read the last couple of pages but, I think there are a couple of us who are going through a bit of a rough patch and your posts are helping us out.
Guys, thx for posting your experiences of hope.

Love ya all for it,
cya after work.

Samuel

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Anesthesia

Now, and I've never looked at 'whois' before...but was the domain registered in 2005? Do you think was a 'project' that this guy was working on? And now he just started putting stuff up?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
He's not going to actually do it, none of these attention seeking brats ever do.
People like this are all over Youtube, and to be honest it's a waste of space on the internet.

Just like the kid who killed himself while on webcam, eh?

I hope he doesn't do it, but there's not much we can do.

-Will

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join