It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by walrusIts a sad state of affairs but as a Psychi Nurse i see this every day (most days), both serious depressives with suicidal ideation and the people who crave attention (or hate others getting some attention)

May I ask you, as a psych nurse, do you treat those who express a desire for suicide and yet seem mentally sound differently from those who express the same desire and seem mentally unsound?

I only ask because as a person with a diagnosed mental disorder (a personality disorder to be specific and yet vague), I have found a great deal of inconsistency in the medical care I receive. I wonder if that is because I do not exhibit signs of being mentally unsound but rather some connotation of the disorder I am diagnosed with.

To be a little more specific, is it possible I am being treated differently because of the diagnosis I have and the preconceived ideas of what that diagnosis entails?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherryDuckI was diagnosed with depression a year ago. It's a disease that's hard for some people to even comprehend. Basically you wake up every day thinking about death, and wanting to kill yourself..... for no reason..

First of all, Cherry, depression is not a disease, you cannot "catch" depression from other people.

Secondly, every person has a different experience of depression. Your experience may have been to kill yourself for no reason, but I can assure you that others do not have the same experience as you have had.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer
All I can say is, I don't know if this dude is really gonna cash in his chips and take the train, but this vid is golden...

www.youtube.com...

I laughed so hard after watching this!

Had a read on his website, and it said the whole thing was clearly only for his family and the people who knew him.
50 seconds into the video he states that he's catholic. Now, wouldn't his close ones know that?
He clearly knew that the whole case would spread over the internet real fast, which is also why he named his website '30daystodeath'. Why not something random, which wouldnt draw attention from outsiders? The outsiders he tells clearly to ignore the whole website.

People do a lot for money, and this guy could easily make A LOT of money, doing what he's doing without having to end his life.
So I do believe it's simply a money related 'stunt', not one to only draw attention to himself.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Beltha]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chucktah
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I don't get it. Why do people feel the need to help this guy?

Is it that you honestly care for the person, or that you disagree with suicide? I really don't think that since he's putting this much effort in letting everyone know he's going to kill himself, that he's going to listen to you! Or some help line operator.

Let it go. He's playing a deadly game of poker. Call his bluff or not, he's already made up his mind how he's playing his hand.

did you stop to think that perhaps he really doesn't want to do it? did you stop to think that this 30 day build up is not for the audience but for him? He's psyching himself up so there is no return and he must follow through with it or be humiliated.

I also would like to remark on your first post regarding the weak minded and selfishness act of committing suicide. You know nothing about it. You have never been there so you are not qualified to give your opinion.

Of course your rebuttal will be "I don't know you so therefore I am not qualified to remark on your state of mind" You are correct, but I do know this...

If you ever thought about killing yourself seriously, you would have kept your mouth shut and would not be so apathetic. Not everyone is cut from the same cloth. Killing yourself is scary and to lose that fear must mean the reason for sending this person over the edge must have been worse than life.

Oh and one more thing about your comment about being weak to kill yourself. Tell me how big your balls must be to put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. I'm willing to bet bigger than yours.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hoax or not this is an win win situation for us at ATS as i see it. can we stop this brother of ours from doing this OR can we prove this to be a hoaX? i mean we have tons of clues,we have written views,aswell as video footage of where he is. so far hes been to the new Getty museum,santa monica pier,hollywood blvd across the street from the Grauman's Chinese Theatre. he often frequents hollywood blvd.

im still working on the type of car he drives (from day 14 i think, we see the interior of the car) its a 4 door sedan year 2000 at least if not newer grey silver in color?
most likely has a apartment with a pool jacuzzi,the night hes on the santa monica pier hes there very late atleast 12 am or maybe later just going off the amount of traffic i see on the pier,saw one couple walk by in a whole 3 mins which means its pretty late.

well this is all i can come up with at this moment,been hitting the bottle. but if anyone has an questions i dont live very far from these places.

much love!

just had to add,im not a pro at this but this guy really seems distant what ever thats worth.i dont really care if its a waste of time if its a hoax because if it was for real,then atleast i can say i reached out and tried to help that might of wanted it.i believe in free will,as well in free will to intervene,so here i am ready to help.

ive been effected by loved ones leaving on there own accord but i really wish they had hung out with me more and told me what up i miss there thoughts and wisdom!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Tungsten core]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

In brief "yes", everyone should be treat differently as we are all individuals. As 'Personality Disorder' and its treatment is a relatively new area, (decade+) then any treatment is in its infancy...
Depression would usually be treat with counciling and Anti-depressants as there is clear evidence of neuro chemical and physiological triggers to depression.
Personality Disorder would not be treat with pharmacuticles as there is as yet no evidence to support their beneficence (though some anti-psychotics in conjunction with Dialectic behavioural therapy has shown reduction in symptoms)...

Massively off subject

Sorry...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

I never said he had the same kind of depression as myself, just saying that maybe he is feeling things that we can't understand. Also thank you for correcting me before, depression isn't a disease, it's a mental illness ,usually cause by deficiency in the amount of seratonum in the neurons.

Also you got to wonder, where are all his 'friends' while he's doing this? Does he have any?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherryDuck
Hey guys, new on here but saw this post and decided to put my 2 cents in. I was diagnosed with depression a year ago. It's a disease that's hard for some people to even comprehend. Basically you wake up every day thinking about death, and wanting to kill yourself..... for no reason..

I really hope this is a hoax, but if not i can understand how he is feeling. Some people might say he doesn't seem very sad, that's because people with depression are very good at hiding it, i know.

Lots of love Cherry

Cherry: based on your experience, do people who suffer from clinical depression tend to be really "sensitive" to others' words, etc, i.e. take offense easily? I'm wondering if that's part of it..

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor

Originally posted by CherryDuckI was diagnosed with depression a year ago. It's a disease that's hard for some people to even comprehend. Basically you wake up every day thinking about death, and wanting to kill yourself..... for no reason..

First of all, Cherry, depression is not a disease, you cannot "catch" depression from other people.

Secondly, every person has a different experience of depression. Your experience may have been to kill yourself for no reason, but I can assure you that others do not have the same experience as you have had.

Actually,

depression is spoken about as a disease much like being an alcoholic. You can't catch alcoholism from being around alcoholics right? But yet it is referred to as a disease

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This guy needs to have a few drinks...

Drinking works for me.

The World is so messed up I don't blame the guy for the way he feels.

But Suicide should never be an option unless you are burning alive and you happen to have a gun in your hand at the same time.

my 2 cents.

at the very least you could atleast try to do what that guy did in the movie Into the Wild.

Just say godbye to society and go out into the wild to test yourself... but you better have some good spirituality when you make that choice.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I would just like to add something to the "Hoaxer analysts" out there. What a comforting thought knowing that while someone is contemplating suicide and then does the dastardly deed. The last bit of compassion was spent on trying to prove you were full of sh!t. Ahhh the humanity. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Like i said in my last post he may have a different form. you can find information all over the net.

He may just be an actor trying to start a career tho

link   
I don't buy it.
Sorry if thats already been decided in this thread, but I really dont feel like reading 8 or 9 pages.

However, it's a good story, and he did good job delivering it.
I think its in bad form to make people worry about you, call the police in your town, etc.

A few thoughts;
That city in the background looks like Downtown Glendale CA. I haven't been there in a few years but hey, there it is. Just a feeling.
I keep thinking he looks familiar..am I confusing him with the guy from Lost, Jeremy Davies?

You can see his dark roots in the videos.. eh I dont know. It kinda sounds like him too. Maybe a brother?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anesthesia
I don't think this has been mentioned, but his website's whois is private, but his website I'm sure violates some kind of ToS for LunarPages. link to whois :

www.networksolutions.com...

Might want to forward this information to any suicide prevention places already contacted.

-Anesthesia

Yeah, I already did a "who is" check last night and gave the contact info of the host to the suicide prevention supervisor in LA.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthulu
I keep thinking he looks familiar..am I confusing him with the guy from Lost, Jeremy Davies?

Same. He does kinda remind me of a skinny Steve Zahn, without any facial hair.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beltha

Yeah, but I think this guy is a bit younger than Jeremy. Maybe its old?
He states Marilyn Manson, and GTA... both can be current, but also old.. I dunno still watching the vids. Actually quite entertaining. He sure as hell sounds like him too.

Also he states Anton Lavey has a son named Satan

Anyways, that just goes to show how powerful symbols are. That's why Anton Leveigh named his church and his son Satan. Somewhere out there that little #er is a teenager and named Satan, and afraid of one less thing in this world than

To my knowledge, Anton Lavey has no son named "Satan."
I think he had one named Stanton.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Beltha

ooh good quote from his blog backing up our claim

Your going to consult your friends at church and they will tell you I was "lost".

I dunno maybe its right.
Maybe its a viral video for Lost?
/shrug

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Wow! I knew I would be drawing some fire for my views, but I didn't realize that everyone has been so traumatized by suicide!

I'm not going to apologize for my thoughts, just like I don't think anyone else should for theirs. You were wrong to assume my response though. "I don't know you so therefore I am not qualified to remark on your state of mind." Why would it matter whether or not you knew me? People judge strangers by their words all the time.

Like right now, I would ASSUME that you have known someone who has taken or attempted to take their own life, or maybe you have contemplated that. It's tough. I myself have had three friends from when I was in high school kill themselves. One over guilt, one over a gambling debt, and one was angry at his girlfriend.

Everyone of those guys were weak for doing what they did! You talked about having big balls for being able to put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger, like it's a tough man competition!

I say if you put that gun in your mouth and decide to pull it back out your toughness just went up 1000 points, because somewhere in that split second you made the decision to stand up to whatever put that gun in your mouth in the first place. Big balls!!

I have a house payment coming up that I don't know if me and my wife can make...I could say screw it. Ditch the responsibility of it and let my wife and son worry about it. OR I could man up and work Saturday and Sunday to make some extra money, and still be there for my family.

Does no one see that point? Knowing you're getting ready to die might be one scary ass thought, but also knowing that in a split second all your worries are gone is the easy way out. I have NEVER thought about ending it. That does not mean that I haven't been in situations where the "pain" was unbearable. I have a wife, and a son, and leaving them by my own free will, is not an option I'm am willing to consider.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Chucktah]

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Chucktah]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chucktah

No I agree with you.

In general I think suicide is greedy--like i said what gives a person the right to cause so much pain and guilt in the people he leaves behind?

But for this person in particular, he is making a farce of suicid,e like it is some abstract art project, and manipulating pity from other people.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chucktah

This isn't about how big your (clears throat delicately) is, or how big and brave, or weak. This is a mental health issue, and hopefully it won't end in tragedy. There are many different types of conditions he could have, bipolar disorder is one of them. My oldest boys lost their half brother to suicide due to this illness.
Their father probably has it, he is paranoid, and cold emotionally at times, and thought I was poisoning the spaghetti when I was pregnant with my second son.
He actually took this took the police station. Didn't find out until the following year when he turned down for his gun permit. My heart goes out to his family, and to this young man and hope for a miracle. The illness I'm talking about causes a disconnect within families, and trust issues, and a feeling being alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join