It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquin
If the man wants to kill himself, who am I to stop him? Why would anyone try to stop him? Seems to me that if a person has sat down and thoroughly considered their circumstances and the consequences we should support their decision.

To people who view suicide as a "selfish" act, I would contend that you are the ones who are actually selfish. People just aren't willing to let go of someone they love, and want that person to stick around even though it may not be the best thing for them.

As long as a person has weighed all of their options, I believe we should respect their decision to end their own life.

not to mention that it isnt even our buisness in the first place

the majority of folks here have huge problems when it comes to telling other people how to live/die

your 100% right tho

the people who think suicide is selfish are the truly selfish ones

suicide is a right, and its your choice if you dont wanna live
no one has the right to force you to live on this stupid planet

but to hear some of the people here, its the GOVT's choice if you suicide or not
since you know, we are Govt Property and all...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl

I think this is incredibly sad if true and it does appear to be legit. I've contacted the suicide crisis center in Los Angeles and given them the web address and the phone number of the hosting company. If they can find out who the guy is, they will attempt an intervention with him.

how can you claim to be a Ron Paul supporter yet when suicide happens you turn totally against your claimed beliefs?

Ron Paul = LESS govt intervention into our lives

You = Want govt intervention into someone you dont even know!!!

I think its hilarious tho because your actually against your own beliefs without even realizing it.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I think this is incredibly sad if true and it does appear to be legit. I've contacted the suicide crisis center in Los Angeles and given them the web address and the phone number of the hosting company. If they can find out who the guy is, they will attempt an intervention with him.

how can you claim to be a Ron Paul supporter yet when suicide happens you turn totally against your claimed beliefs?

I think its hilarious tho because your actually against your own beliefs without even realizing it.

No, I actually do not want government intervention, so my choice of the word "criminal" was a bad choice of words. I think suicide is WRONG beyond the taking of life because of the ruins it leaves behind for the people that loved the person.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

And the suicide prevention hotline isn't going to arrest the guy. THey just will try to talk to him. She made it clear that that is all they will try to do. They're not going to lock him up or anything.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If there is a hell, then this planet is it!
But by committing suicide you give up and you may lose the possible prize.
You also hurt those that you love and leave a mess for some poor emergency service guys to clean up.
So the best way ist to keep fighting and keep that smile on your face and 'be true to yourself'.
I hope it's a hoax and if it ain't, well it's his choice.
As for the arguement, suicide is a call for help => well, not if you do a 'good' job of it.
And @ if you need help ask for it: ROFLMAO
And attempted suicide is only a call for being drugged and brainwashed. (For reference see what they did to the 'criminals' in George Orwells 1984)

EDIT to ADD:
Before one of you panics: No I am NOT suicidal!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Aldolas]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas
If there is a hell, then this planet is it!
But by committing suicide you give up and you may lose the possible prize.
You also hurt those that you love and leave a mess for some poor emergency service guys to clean up.

There is 2 possibility here imho
1) It is a hoax. And if it is, it must have consequences. This is a crime!
2) He/she is really depressed, and thinks sometimes about suicide, but not seriously. This all is only to get attention.
I hope it is one of those options above.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just comes across as an actor to me - the way he looks into the camera & speaks - very self assured & looks like he's playing a part.

Hope so.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I left a post on his blog - with the url to this thread.
Hope he stops in for a visit.
We'll see...

peace

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Too everyone stating it is this persons right to die you would be correct. It is also our right to try and save a persons life. You never know when that persons life may turn around and see the beauty.

I personally thought I had enough for a while. I was in the abyss and could not see the light. I was not suicidal but I could suddenly see why someone could be suicidal. I was taking a few steps in that direction.

Then this crazy amazing person came into my life. A person that never leans on me but we seam to lean on each other. This person has not told me in so many words, but I know this person has been trough more hell than 99.99% of the population. Yet still see's the beauty...still has this amazing spark 125lbs of lightning.

This person made me believe in myself...maybe for the first time in my life. Made me see myself and still love myself. I thought I did before, but it was me bluffing myself. Life can put you through hell and then give you a glimpse, more than a glimpse of heaven. Sounds like I am in love...maybe I am. It is not like any love in my 46 years though. I have had to take a hard look at what I have kept inside. Like a miracle I was shown that life is beautiful and so am I.

Long and weary our road is...with a bit more travel maybe this poor soul (unless its a hoax) will find an angel sent by the heavens to see why he had to go through so much fire to finally see themselves.

To that special person, if you read this know you saved me, the one that thought it was his job so save others. I do love you so.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I messaged him as well and am waiting to see if i get a response.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To some degree... I understand him.

He's found out what he needed to do with his life, and needs to tell it to people so that people understand this. Why should people understand this? Well, if it was the case of just being depressed and killing himself, it he wouldn't have made these videos.

Basicly, what he's doing is making philosophy... He's creating a branch that is entitled: "How the world reacted, when I was no longer there". He's trying to see if being a fish in a pond amoung a million others have an effect on the general way of life.

To do this, he has to kill himself, but he has to leave behind his existance, so that people know that he existed. His primary function at the moment, is to try and turn around the perspective many other people have... Anyone who watches this, is somehow inspired by it... And that's what he's trying to do. He knew the videos would be posted online if he ever sent them out, and that people would watch them.

I pity the government for trying to stop someone killing himself. If it is what he wants to do, then let him do it. It is so much more of a waste to try and save someone, who is already dead.

EDIT: If you read his entries... His philosophical view of the world is something so simple, but yet not something we actually think about.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Volatile]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chucktah

Humans are the only creatures on this planet that willingly kill themselves, and to those that do I have no respect for them. NONE!

Actually, that is incorrect. There are other species aswell that have been shown to be able to commit suicide on purpose, whatever the reason may be.
For instance, Scorpions can repeatedly start to sting themselves in their head with their tales, until they die. Other species that can cause their own deaths deliberately, are dogs and lions, to name a few species amongst several more.

So the idea that Humans are the only species able of this, is, as said, incorrect.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I must say.. For the level of what this thread is about death and all..
I have seen some very postive and uplifting replies!!

You guys are great!! And lonegunman!! Your words are wise, and you speak with great heart!!! Its true.. We al have the chance to find that inner beauty, and not have to kill ourselfs, and take the cowards way out.

Death comes to us all.. And those of us who have been through hell and back know that death comes to everyone in a matter of time.. NO need to rush into death.. We are here to learn and share the love we have in our hearts..

If this is true.. Then I hope he finds the beauty and the love he is looking for deep down.. If its a hoax.. Then its a sad cry for attention..
Yet there have been some very postive posts made.. So will just focus on the postive in this thread.. And thank you all for keeping such a level head.. And sharing the deeper parts of yourself with people here.

It takes more guts to stick it out.. Then just to end it.. When the end is always right around the next bend..

Takes a real man to see the beauty within.. And takes a good person to allow themselfs to stand up and speak such words!

As I have something very much in my life.. Someone who came into my life and gave me alot of strenght.. Just when I thought I was at my ropes end.. I was given a gift of compassion, and the gift of not feeling like I have to do this alone..
No longer do I feel so alone, and so empty..
Even after my wife died.. I still went on.. And losing someone so very close and dear to you will sertinly take you to thoughts of death..
Hell.. It would be to easy to just end it all.. And leave all those who care about me left with pain, and suffering.. I would never do that to those who care about me.. I have much respect for that person.. And not only respect but a compassionate feeling of love to those who understand..

Its a good thing.. And even with the negtive undertones.. Im glad this thread was made.. It can teach us what we need to know about such issues.. And it will prehaps help one person out there who is so close to wanting to kill themselfs.. Maybe this thread will save just one soul..
And give them the hope I was given.. And the shared compassion showed to me from caring people!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Robert Paulsen was played by Meatloaf (Michael Lee Aday) in Fight Club. This should give you a good hint that this is a hoax

i]reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just to add my own .02, personally I could not imagine anything that would make me want to take my life, with the exception of sacrificing myself to save others. People in this country (USA) have no idea what it truly is like to suffer or go without. A year long stay in a very poor country changed my perspective on what it was like to truly be without, yet they were all happy and content (everyone I met anyway). They get it. Here, people are ready to take a dirt nap if they lose their cell phone or if their playstation goes on the fritz.

Chucktah said:
"Taking your own life is not sad, it's not beautiful, it's not about depression, or love. It's about being weak. It's about being lazy, and not taking responsibility. It's selfish, immature, boring, and unoriginal."

I couldn't agree more. Too lazy to fix their life and too selfish to care about the lives of their family members that will be excruciatingly painful due to their selfish act of cowardice. On the other hand, maybe society would be better off with this self culling of the weak. In my opinion though, people who truly want to commit suicide die. The rest are just attention seekers.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've always wondered if the grass was greener on the other side... And thought about killing myself multiple times. Both the curiousity and depression amplified the need to kill myself.

But then I just looked at it in a logical way; We are all gonna die and discover the answer one day... So might as well ride it out all the way, even if it hurts.

Might as well post the theory that we are here to endure as much pain as possible to see how much we can endure. And rewarded in the end proportionally with the amount we endured.

But whatever.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
less talk , more action - if the guy is going to suicide himself - FFS get on with it , talking about it for a month , WTF ???????

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

No longer do I feel so alone, and so empty..
Even after my wife died.. I still went on.. And losing someone so very close and dear to you will sertinly take you to thoughts of death..
Hell.. It would be to easy to just end it all.. And leave all those who care about me left with pain, and suffering.. I would never do that to those who care about me.. I have much respect for that person.. And not only respect but a compassionate feeling of love to those who understand..

Reminds me of a line from a song.

"It took a trail of blood to find my way back home"

May this inspire anyone reading this thread to think twice and look both ways before crossing that road. Home is where the heart is.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
less talk , more action - if the guy is going to suicide himself - FFS get on with it , talking about it for a month , WTF ???????

I hope it is a hoax, but if not..

Ignorant_ape how long should a person take to talk about the biggest path they will cross. A few short sad minutes? A few days, weeks..how about a month?

May the light of empathy and understanding reach your heart before your lights go out one day. You ever seen the look in someones eyes when they are going to do it and you are trying to talk them out of it? You ever have to cut someone down after they hung themselves in there garage?

Get hold of your humanity Ignorant_ape, and get rid of the ape.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No, I actually do not want government intervention, so my choice of the word "criminal" was a bad choice of words. I think suicide is WRONG beyond the taking of life because of the ruins it leaves behind for the people that loved the person.

What if no ones loves him? it's possible to not have anyone care about you at all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join