It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
People who commit suicide, don't post their thoughts about doing it... usually 90% of people who POST or SAY they want to kill themselves don't go through with it, and just want the attention...

The guy just needs HELP.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquin

I'm glad I canceled my rather emotive reply after reading yours. It put exactly what I was trying to say, in a way that comes across making the point, and not antagonizing others who have this holier than thou stance on who does what with their own lives.

Well said !

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chucktah

Taking your own life is not sad, it's not beautiful, it's not about depression, or love. It's about being weak. It's about being lazy, and not taking responsibility. It's selfish, immature, boring, and unoriginal.

Sometimes I need to hear these words more often.
As a survivor of a loved ones suicide I still go through hell over it - and it happened almost 11 years ago.

It's so hard sometimes when I think of the courage it took for him to pull the trigger.
Then I ask why he couldn't have used that same courage to stay alive.

peace

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
NONSENSE

nobody advertises 30 days in advance to the whole world

bad acting, and bad idea

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Interesting analogy to use Robert Paulson.

I'm sure by now posters here have explained that he was a character in the movie Fight Club.

But what was the significance of his character?

His name is Robert Paulson
His name is Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson died committing acts of corporate terrorism.

Perhaps this is a clue as to the potential actions this person is going to commit.

After all, accepting he is going to die, or that his actions will (in his mind) require him to kill himself, like the movie said "Once we've lost everything we're free to do anything"

Wonder if he has something big up his sleeve.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

That is extremely disturbing.

I hope someone can provide him with an alternative, but assuming this is not some type of elaborate hoax, I really think he's deadset on his decision.

Damn...

Some of his stuff is tear-jerking.

Hope he gets stopped.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I hope I don't sound too morbid here.. But there is a slightly beautiful aspect to this. He said day one, there's no fear and he's never been happier..

When people make that hard decision to commit suicide they feel relief and at peace. It doesnt mean they are really happy its all about perspective. He is happier than he ever has been before.

I have seen some really bad stuff working Fire/Rescue, but I cant seem to watch this lost souls video.

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Reminds me of that movie untraceable.

Someone get him some xanax, please.

I hope you are serious and not joking...even if you are serious. Your post leaves me in a bad state of mind...maybe this type of mindset in these times is what made this person feel like they are not from this planet?

I have only read this far into the thread but had to address these two things.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I looked at a few of his videos and read some of his journal entries.

At first I thought he was acting. It seemed very contrived and not very original. Then I though - EXACTLY! This is how a death journal should look. It looks thought out and planned.

I like it. Good for him thinking of the people that loves him and sending them messages about why he doesn't want to be here anymore. At least they wont be saying, "Why?". We all know why now, you know?

I don't know how it will end for him. But however it ends, at least he had a good journey.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
When I was in psych school in the 1990s we had a class called Death and Dying which dealt with all its aspects. One of the assignments was to write a goodbye letter fron theperspective of a suicidal patient and also from a terminally ill patient which was very eye opening. Our teacher made us write "fictional" in giant letters across the front because a student some time before wrote a very impassioned piece (he was a drama student), his parents found it and had him locked up. It took the teacher several days to convince them it was fake.
He needs to state very clearly what he is trying to do with this piece with a disclaimer.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chucktah
What a weak person you must be to commit suicide. I'm trying to find sympathy for this person, whether this is real or not, but I just can't bring myself to it.

I know that I'm gonna be stepping on some feelings with this statement, but if you're going to kill yourself, spare us the poetic part and just get it overwith!

Humans are the only creatures on this planet that willingly kill themselves, and to those that do I have no respect for them. NONE!

Taking your own life is not sad, it's not beautiful, it's not about depression, or love. It's about being weak. It's about being lazy, and not taking responsibility. It's selfish, immature, boring, and unoriginal.

I dont know if this is real or not but your statement I have to really keep myself from lashing out. My God dude...weak? You think its just weak, because you cannot see outside of your own perspective.

I know a beautiful person that has never had anyone see them and understand them beyond there mask. I am not talking about basic understanding this person has been loved by many and is loved but has never had anyone truly see them. I bet that person feels like an alien too. Even though this person I am talking about is a happy person I can understand how someone could let that build over a lifetime and feel completely alone in a world full of people without true empathy.

Someone that commits suicide is not necessarily weak.

A person that cannot see beyond there own perspective and have empathy for something they do not understand is very weak. In fact being one that has seen hell, lived hell...I know weakness when I see it.

Not being able to see beyond your own limited perspective and feel for another. That is true weakness. Strength lies in the hands of the ones that feel.

End rant/

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I might catch a lot of flak for this but since this guy is using the alias Robert Paulson....which was Meatloaf's alias in Fight Club (a book by Chuck Palahniuk), in a way he's asking for it... "it" being a direct quote from Chuck Palahniuk in one of his best books yet (Survivor),"Kill yourself,Kill yourself,Kill yourself." (p.237 Ch. 40).
Now let me explain my purpose in all this, firstly, if you don't want to suck wind here, fine. Suck wind somewhere else. I am a firm believer that death is not something to fear, rather a doorway you might say between dimensions or lifetimes or something to that effect. Essentially stating, ending life here on this earth at this time is not ending life entirely. Sure I realize I could be wrong and sure I realize there might be nothing on the other side but hey if you want to check out then just check out. Theres that saying y'know...."*snip* on the pot or get off". You all should read Chuck P.'s books, absolutely brilliant. I am reading Haunted right now,just recently finished Survivor. Before that was Rant and of course before that I had read Fight Club. His books actually have much to do with pondering death and such. Hope this guy just stops with the antics already. If you want out just do what you gotta, drama doesn't get the job done all on its own y'know?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sounds like a little attention seeker if you ask me,

second line.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
this is pretty pathetic, and irresponsible

at some point enough has to be enough or one day soon things will get out of hand, we really will have sites online that focus on snuff films and stuff of that sort

using the internet to watch people die isnt really the kind of world i want to live in

i know it goes on now, but its not mainstream, at some point soon though it is going to be mainstream, and it will turn into the new fad of things to do, kids and immature people with types of personalities that act without thinking will be irrational and offing themselves like this on a daily basis

things like what took place in the movie condemned will be happening right in the mainstream, and again, i know this kind of thing goes on now, but not on that level

but thats what we are facing, if we continue down this path

society as a whole is very impressionable, every day theres a new fad and a new miley cyrus, kids today and not even kids adults too, are very susceptible to outside influences, and as a society we have the right to be responsible for out actions as a community and what we allow to take place in our community

i dont think this is something that should become a euthanasia debate or a right to die debate or even a pro con suicide debate

it should be a intellectual debate that weighs the ramification of what this image has on our society

as i society we are already spinning out of control with all the "new influences" among life lol i feel like a old 1930s commercial but kids and society face a lot today, theres a lot of pressures and to add something like this to it would be irresponsible plain and simple

this is not something we want to publicize and use as entertainment and sport

we have a lot more beautiful and important things to offer this world, and advocating this type of thing by allowing it to happen this way will do nothing but cause a dramatic rise in suicides

but hey, maybes thats exactly why its happening, supposedly the powers that be think we're overpopulated, what better way to deal with that problem then turning us all into lemmings and having us all go jump off a bridge and making the network execs money at the same time

kills the whole flock of birds with one stone, and you have whatever birds are left bring the stone right back to you

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Most suicide attempts are a cry for attention, or so I recall reading somewhere.

I would say that advertising yourself on the Internet meets that description.

Day 30 - Suicide Blog

Today I woke up strangely refreshed, and decided not to kill myself after all.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We are:

1. Born here without choice.
2. Work 3/4 of our lives away as slaves.
3. Forced to bail out and pay for things non of us rational people want.
4. Terrorists and Military around every corner.
5. Doom Bringers and nut jobs around almost every corner.
6. Missing Nukes, Haarp, a planet wired to destroy itself.
7. Corrupt governments that will not change.
8. Rape, Murder and abuse...on and on and on.......
9. All religions think they are the only right answer.

Yeah, a lot to be happy about these days.
The God of religion must have an XBox, because he forgot all about us. (joke) I could go on forever, that's how sick this planet has become.

And you people think you can justify someone wanting off this crazy ride.
Must be due to your Religious upbringing and ideology.
We are a pathetic race of meat sacks, that only care about our self interests.
If there is a hell, it is here on earth.

Note: I personally will fight with every ounce of energy and breath to stay on this earth until it is time for me to go. No one knows what really comes next, they just speculate. I will wait and see if this life was worth the prize at the end of the road.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why don't we try to help the guy??
If he is an attention seeker then I have to admit he has my attention.
I think it is worth a try to see if there is anything us atsers can do.
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temperary problem.
Is anybody interested or am I alone on this one?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
We are all dying. All of us. What's wrong with controlling our own exit? There used to be honor in that. We cling to our turd like lives out of some insane desire to stave off the inevitable and somehow make the rapidly dawning end move by us without consequence. I salute him for awakening a response in all of us. We are all dead men. We are encased in rotting monkey suits. We should embrace death like a lover at the end of a rough journey. We should think of it fondly as we move through the unfriendly terrain of everyday life. So much talk of freedom and revolution in these pages. Here is a man ready to assert that freedom and he is doing so against incredible, draconian odds. The freedom to die well should be respected. You are afraid, somehow, that his death and his willingness to face it will hasten your own, rapidly approaching end... that you may extend your own lives by forcing him into treatment or by ridiculing him for his courage. I salute his decision and I respect the honor of his decision. The rest of you are #ing pussies. Good luck with your revolution. Hope it doesn't require you to compromise your mortality.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Leave this guy alone ... he has free will to do whatever he wants with his life and its upto no one here to remove his free will to do this ... you guys go on about the government taking away your freedoms ... just take a good look at yourselves and who you all are right now .... you are trying to take away his freedom and make him take up your version of how life is ment to be ...

everyperson who posted against him doing this in this very thread are completly 100% as bad as the people they say they hate every single day ...

shame on all of you pathetic hypocrites why are you even here ... seriously why ....

your taking away his freedoms to protect him .... hmmm that sounds familer .... idiots ....

love loki

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
attention will be crucial for him to commit what he is intending to do...

you wuld do better if you try to identify him and inform his doctor about this progress of his...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join