It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chucktah
I know that I'm gonna be stepping on some feelings with this statement, but if you're going to kill yourself, spare us the poetic part and just get it overwith!

I see your point. If wanting to die is his only motive, he would have done it already. Dragging it out over 30 days is simply to gain maximum attention, and to add to the pain of his loved ones.

Sounds like a troubled soul who needs answers for questions and can not find them.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl
[mor

[edit on 2/9/2009 by rangersdad]

[edit on 2/9/2009 by rangersdad]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

How can we contact this guy? We can't let this happen. He needs help and I would like to help him, but I can't figure out how to even send him a message.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl

I think this is incredibly sad if true and it does appear to be legit. I've contacted the suicide crisis center in Los Angeles and given them the web address and the phone number of the hosting company. If they can find out who the guy is, they will attempt an intervention with him.

Anyone know a way to find more out about him? I know that there are some very resourceful people on ATS, which is why I'm posting this on here.

30daystodeath.livejournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sad to say, but I didn't know that you were God enough to decide if this guy should have a say of when he wants to die. Maybe he doesn't want to be here and you are interfering with his own sovereignty. That is one of the biggest problems in the world, that everyone lords over everyone else.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well, if he's claiming to be Robert Paulson, he doesn't actually have the name until he is dead.
Line from the movie- "In death he has a name."

Robert Paulson was killed, not a suicide, so that doesn't ring true either.

I guess its the internet equivalent of standing on a ledge for 30 days.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
generally if someone speaks out to someone else about suicide, it's a cry for help.
wondering how many people are going to or are following his blog now?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I don't get it. Why do people feel the need to help this guy?

Is it that you honestly care for the person, or that you disagree with suicide? I really don't think that since he's putting this much effort in letting everyone know he's going to kill himself, that he's going to listen to you! Or some help line operator.

Let it go. He's playing a deadly game of poker. Call his bluff or not, he's already made up his mind how he's playing his hand.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chucktah

If that were your child, wouldn't you be glad that a stranger(s) tried to help or intervene, and might just change his mind? If it were your child, would you not try to talk him out of it and get him some help? This guy is somebody's child, who is not aware of what's going on. Wouldn't you want someone to help your child?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Chucktah
I know that I'm gonna be stepping on some feelings with this statement, but if you're going to kill yourself, spare us the poetic part and just get it overwith!

I see your point. If wanting to die is his only motive, he would have done it already. Dragging it out over 30 days is simply to gain maximum attention, and to add to the pain of his loved ones.

Sounds like a troubled soul who needs answers for questions and can not find them.

Or maybe it's a call out for help.

A lot of attempted suicides is just that.

Hope he feels better soon.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Schleprock

Short answer...yes, if it was my child I would want to help him as much as I could.

Longer answer...this guy is not looking for other people's help. He clearly states in his first entry that unless you're his family, this is not meant for you. Even though he put it on the Internet for everyone to see. That is why I doubt that this is real in the first place. Although if it is real, and he only intended for his family and friends to see this, then there are deeper issues to this story that you and I cannot fix.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I'm tired of that argument. "It's a cry for help." Here's an idea....ask for HELP!!!!! Those stupid enough to use their own life as a negotiation tool need to realize that life isn't easy for everyone. It isn't easy to give life, it isn't easy to live life, it's only easy to take life, and that includes your own. Suck it up.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
First off, now that I have taken a step back for a couple hours and thought about it, in my mind, this is a complete hoax. Its a bit too dramatic and it plays very well at the same time. Someone in such a state would be a bit more chaotic.

However, if it is real, and he feels its his time, I really don't get the whole, "find him help" method. Yes, he's a son, but he shouldn't be shamed about a spiral of depression that has progressed this far. In my opinion (not even close to professional), this individual has probably seen a lot of abuse. He is forgiving everyone and letting go. He seems at peace. I really don't see where he is this desperate figure fighting for attention.

He's just ready to go... and he's okay with that. Why can't you be? And no, you can't guilt trip it, because this decision is about more than others' guilt.

AND HE HAS NEVER SAID THE WORD SUICIDE!!!!! You guys keep saying it but it is only loosely implied. Again, I think this is a hoax for something much more metaphorical!

He never said he was killing himself either. Lets get that straight. You people are really buying this hook-line-sinker.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ron Paul girl, why are you trying to involve yourself in something thats not your bussiness or any of ours for that matter the only people that site is intended for is that mans family and friends or who ever he sends the link to, but it might be a hoax aswell dont really care if it is or not because it has nothing to do with me or any of us ( unless you know him ), why worry if this man wants to end his own life, who are you to try and tell him that its not his time and blah blah.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
He needs immediae psychiatric help..plain and simple..hi being depressed, he's hoodwindled his concience into beliving suicide is the answer, its not being greedy at all...he isnt really in a stable mind at all...he is acting on his emotions, not mental logic. Ever hear the saying, dont let your emotions get the best of you? This is a CLEAR realistic example right here, what it means.. Emotions can control you, belive it or not.. he has created another subconscious..bull'd himself into beliving he is from another planet.. he needs a really really good psychiatrist, not some state run one.. mani hope he gets help fast..

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Just curious I really hope this does not get moved but is there a conspiracy here?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I believed this was real when I first saw it but now I believe it to be a viral hoax. Because he bought the domain name "http://30daystodeath.com"....I mean......that's suspicious that he even bought a domain name. You would think a livejournal blog would be enough for his family.

He says on that url that 'I am not technically saavy' yet he bought the domain, has a blog hosting from there, etc.

Then I watched his very first video post and it just seemed....not very sincere. It seemed very actorish to me, something I imagine an actor to do playing out a character of a vlog...

But I dont know, I really hope it's not real because I dont want anyone to kill themselves (oh and believe me, I'm a suicidal person myself but I dont have the guts to ever really do it)....but if it's a hoax it's a pretty #en horrible way to get yourself out there, worse then the whole JT Leroy thing.....

Also he never said his name was Robert Paulsen, someone on the messages did and I think they were making a joke. Pretty insenstive joke, but a joke all the same, so no, his name is obviously not Rober Paulsen....but it will be interesting to see what happens here...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i am totally drinking this guys kool-aid. every post of his that i read, i get pulled in even more. i find his reasoning fascinating.

i have always thought that the gateway to becoming a true intellectual is considering your own life. i see nothing wrong with it.

to those that think suicide is selfish, my response is thus: why are you afraid to consider that maybe *just maybe* life is not worth living? if someone has come to the conclusion that the answer lies in death, why should they stick around just to affirm your selfish valuation of living?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Its good that people want to help, be concerned, be human to do something for this fella.

But this is really rediculous. This guy, and the people "drinking his kool-aid", are turning this into a syndicated tv show for ratings and page hits and blog entries. YOU people are doing this...not him. YOU are sensationalizing the situation, not him. YOU are becoming this fellas' puppets on strings, just like the MSM does to you, fascinates your fancy, tickles your twinkie, and attracts your very narrow attention and has you hooked, line, and sucker.

The crisis center would have found him within the frist 6 hours after the phone call went in. They would have rounded him up and taken him to a hospital for observation.

Now quit turning this into some ratings catcher webmedia show boat. There is nothing anyone can do about someone wanting to off themselves by advertising it over the net or any other media.

There are suicides each and every single day people. What makes this one any more special or worthy of attention than the rest? I have that answer...it is YOU who are MAKING it CENTER OF ATTENTION!! Unless you folks are going to focus on the hundreds of other suicide cases that occur every single day in this counrty, I suggest you people go find something else like a sit-com or movie to sensationalize and go "oohh ahhh" about.

Get a freaking clue!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

these are the writings of a man whom is considering the most important issues of his own life, and of the nature of life itself. not merely tickling his (or ours) twinkie. beside the fact that he has not advertised this to anyone, so as far as our knowledge of his intent is concerned, this blog is still private.

YOU get a clue. maybe what he has to say is actually important? huh? maybe?

[edit on 9-2-2009 by tgidkp]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I have always hoped that something like this would turn people's attention towards the dangers of Scientology. I saw the Scientology sign in his video. I know they must have brainwashed him and they must be investigated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join