It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by kthulu

Of course, they didn't disclose anything about him. (I didn't ask them to.) But I did get confirmation that they could see who this guy was.

Obviously, it's unlikely we will see more than one or two updates to his blog. I suppose they may even shut it down today. Not sure what they intend beyond contacting the authorities.

I hope this guy gets help.

His live journal backup is still up: 30daystodeath.livejournal.com...

and, like I said, livejournal.com said they wouldn't do anything because he doesn't say that he's going to kill himself. It doesn't actually say that on the blog I guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
When I heard about this and saw his face, he became my son, my son's brother, and my neighbor. He counts more than this entire universe matrix as does each and every one of us. And the pain on losing lives uselessly is unbearable for people who are positive and filled with light. Nothing is wasted, all effort must be put into saving him.

I agree. Anyone that has kids ought to atleast have the empathy to be able to say he's somebody's brother (Tom's actually, according to the blog) and somebody's son. I would hope and pray that if my own son ever did anything like this, that I would find out about it in time to stop him.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Well, like I said, I spoke to the people at Lunarpages.

I'm not sure how the whole livejournal thing works.

In any event, the Lunarpages people said they would contact the authorities. That's good enough for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I really don't understand how all of you can think that it's perfectly okay if he WANTS to kill himself. The man is depressed and he actually says so in one of his videos. He says that he has suffered from depression for a long time. Depression can cause people to do things that they would not otherwise choose to do if they weren't in that deep, dark hole. I, like many of you, have been in that place and I'm thankful to not be there anymore and also thankful that I didn't kill myself. My husband tried the tough love approach on me when I would say I should just die. He would tell me that that was a very selfish thing to say and try to tell me how much it would affect our kids. He always said it in a very judgemental, harsh tone. I will admit that his comments only made me want to go through with it even more. If he had taken the complete opposite tone, I think I would have snapped out of it faster.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Commander_Koenig
i'm thinking this is a hoax. he doesn't want his friends and family to find out about his suicide bid for 30 days (until he does it), but he posts a blog like this on LIVEJOURNAL? people are going to find out about the blog (LIKE WE HAVE).

i say hoax.

You could very well be right. Considering that he lives in SoCal, it's quite possible he's an actor. But, on the chance that he ISN'T kidding, we have to do what we can do to help him. I hope it is a hoax. I really do.

He could have held off on publishing his info to his domain until the day before the end of the countdown, but he didn't do that. I really don't know what to think. Until I know otherwise for sure, I'm assuming he's not kidding.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm still not sold this is genuine. It very well could be a hoax. But I don't need to know the truth to motivate me into action on this one.

At a minimum, we've frustrated a perverted joke.....or just maybe we've given someone a chance to rethink a very serious and permanent decision.

Either way, it's good with me.

I've been considering some of the comments left on his youtube site and this thread. Frankly, I just don't get the "do it" crowd.

Is it some unfulfilled vicarious desire to see someone just end it?

There are some depraved folks around here.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

The "do it" crowd is most likely people familiar or regular to "4chan /b/". It is a fun thing for them to urge people to commit suicide. As a matter of fact they get very excited about it. In my opinion it is one thing to be indifferent, but it is a whole nother thing to get excited over it. If you have never visited that site, do yourself a favor and don't. You will most likely have an heart attack over the content.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I'm still not sold this is genuine. It very well could be a hoax. But I don't need to know the truth to motivate me into action on this one.

At a minimum, we've frustrated a perverted joke.....or just maybe we've given someone a chance to rethink a very serious and permanent decision.

Either way, it's good with me.

I've been considering some of the comments left on his youtube site and this thread. Frankly, I just don't get the "do it" crowd.

Is it some unfulfilled vicarious desire to see someone just end it?

There are some depraved folks around here.

THANK YOU for taking action.

You said it and said it well.
It is unthinkable for most of us that anyone would egg on
something as devastating as suicide.
It is a clear indication of how far we have yet to go -
and - sobering.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
His domain has been updated, telling you to go to his liveJournal.
30daystodeath.com...

It says;
"Site is down for now, go to my LiveJournal page for updates."

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kthulu

Hmmm...

I don't like what that suggests.

Moreover, if this is for his loved ones AFTER he does what he intends, then why should he direct anyone anywhere now?

Whether a hoax or not, he appears to be enjoying his 'audience'.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by loam]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Basically, my guess is we are looking at a very, very selfish, self centered, weak minded individual. Sounds like melodramatic self pity. It's his choice to be that way or not.

Clinical depression isn't a "choice." It's a brain chemistry issue and the last I knew, that wasn't a choice that we get to make.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthulu
His domain has been updated, telling you to go to his liveJournal.
30daystodeath.com...

It says;
"Site is down for now, go to my LiveJournal page for updates."

Ok, that now screams HOAX to me, but I could still be wrong.
If this is for family and friends after the deed is done, why would he post to go to the live journal for updates!??? LOL, I think he just let the cat out of the bag with that one.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, following his thinking, he wants his "family" to see what he was thinking for a month because its supposed to answer some of the questions, or whatever.
Bearing that in mind, it makes sense that the site would be available until the day of "the event" Which should happen at Friday the 27th if or close to.
(His update today said Day 17, adding 13 days to bring us to 31 days. Its late so someone might want to check me on that.

I might be missing something...?
I probably am lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Isnt that david willcock??????????????? DO it , Do it. Your not game.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Whether this will turn out to be a hoax or not, it will be a great exercise in pulsing human behavior, or might I say “the nature of the beast”. It is amazing how the “do it” crowd salivates over this possible suicide to be. They must think they’re so strong preying on other people’s vulnerability. They must think they’re the fittest to survive in this jungle world. Yeah GO tigers!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I sent the link to CNN. One more worthy story they won't report. Seriously all they would have to do is post a story online or have a 20 second story about it on TV. I think his Ex GF's name is Carol. He has 3 brothers named Sean, Tom, and Malcolm. Jesus anyone that knows the family and saw that would know right away. It WOULD NOT be hard to find out who this guy is.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this.

In one hand, I believe that anyone should have the right to die if they see fit. Some people say suicide is selfish, but I look at it as the other way around. Often the victims are so depressed, in so much pain, that they see it as their only option. Would you want to keep your grandmother alive, while she suffers in pain that she cannot cope with? I know I wouldn't. Also, maybe he is making this website as a way to console family members. To let them know that he isn't doing this as a spur of the moment, possibly regrettable action, but instead he is thinking it through as he goes along and making sure he is committed to it.

I can relate to many people suffering from depression, sadly. Its something so all-encompassing that seeing the greener grass isn't always possible, no matter how good your life may seem to someone else. When I was in middle school I started realizing everything that is wrong with the world, as well as myself. It has followed me throughout life, and at one time I did believe that maybe I was too different then the world around me. I often found myself too caring, too empathetic, too kind for such a cruel and unforgiving world. So, I told myself that I would write it down in a book - and then every month I would compare my current thoughts, to the me in my darkest hour. Eventually, I realized it just wasnt what I was created for. I didn't make it through my birth coupled with a neural tube defect known as spina bifida myleomengicele without any paralysis or hydrocephalus for no reason. It was a miracle, and I believed I had a purpose.

I believe this guy has a purpose. Does he know what it is? Probably not. But then again, maybe his purpose is to go through with this? Nobody knows. I wish my brother would have left something like this before he passed away. So maybe he thinks that by making this website he is doing something to be remembered by. He isnt doing it for visitors, but only for his family after his journey.

Our view of death is so distorted in this world. So many people see death as a bad thing. I view it as the pinnacle of life. When my brother passed away last year, he was twenty-five and I was twenty-three. I miss him every day, but I also know he is in a better place. And soon, I know my parents will have to leave me, to make their journey some time. I can only wish them the best, and tell them I will see them when I get there. Death isn't something we should be scared of. Too many people act as if death is the end all be all, never see them again type of thing. I look at it the same as someone moving out of the country for the rest of their life. No different. And I know that one day, I will see them again, when I join them in their "country".

Enjoy life, and enjoy death. I do not think death is something we should rush, but I also do not think its something we should fear. If someone has lived their life to their expectations, and did whatever they felt they had to do, and finished everything they wanted, then let them go in peace.

Not everyone who kills themselves is crazy, depressed, and so on. Sometimes, they are some of the most clear thinking people you could meet.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Recently a thread was posted by one of the amigos about how suicide is NOT painless.
I agree and have been through a slew of them in the past year.

this is a special case and I agree with his choice.
I'm one of "those" that believe the soul is eternal. Whether he is from this planet or not, his spirit has made a choice , and while I don't agree with it, it's obvious his spirit feels a needs to do this.

I wish him well and hope his spirit learns the lesson it needs. It's a hard knock choice and a lot of people here feel the obligation to "fix" the situation but this is not your RIGHT to do so. It is self assumed virtue.

I'll state again.. I do not think it is the right thing for him to do, but maybe the wrong choice will ultimately correct the wrongness his spirit is wrangling with.

b

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
Clinical depression isn't a "choice." It's a brain chemistry issue and the last I knew, that wasn't a choice that we get to make.

Well, that's the official story. My personal belief is that it's created due to the pressure modern life and society inflicts on us, and of course they can't tell us so.

After all, Depression is really the overwhelming desire for something to change.

They use the "chemical imbalance" excuse because it can't be disproven/proven and so they can sell us their pills. They tried using it on me years ago, but I told them "if this and this were to change or disappear, this chemical imbalance would rectify itself immediately..."

They told me they couldn't 'help me' if I continued to think like that.

This guy needs help, spiritually. Pills will not fix the problem, only mask it. That's why so many on antidepressants will be on them for life.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join