It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

You say hey and i say hi.
Whats the difference.
Your rights are whatever you think they are.
I have the right to choose to do what I did as much as he has the right to choose to do what he did.
Its all about how you see it and I guess we see it differently so maybe its best to agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by loam

I'm sorry, this may not be the appropriate thread for this, but where did you obtain such dribble?

I might point out that such condescention and disrepsect indicates that one is intoxicated with their own opinions and looks down with contempt on others who may have differing viewpoints.

Such an individual is not interested at all in exchange of ideas, but only in relating to others through conflict.

Since you already know the right answer why discuss it ? The possibility for such individuals to ever learn anything new is remote at best.

Enjoy your movie ...

Whoa!! Owned! If you don't mind, I think I would like to use that.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i'm thinking this is a hoax. he doesn't want his friends and family to find out about his suicide bid for 30 days (until he does it), but he posts a blog like this on LIVEJOURNAL? people are going to find out about the blog (LIKE WE HAVE).

i say hoax.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think it is a hoax, out of work actor or an artist.

Or is it a game? Interesting idea - find the suicidal man before he does himself in, with only the blog to find him.

Anyhow, I do really hope it's a game.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Originally posted by sputniksteve
...I just question your intentions is all...

I'm just as perplexed why you even go there?

Let me ask you directly then. At a minimum, if this was someone YOU loved, would you not hope someone might intervene?

...apparently you have no desire to hear any one else's opinion...

Not true, unless of course that 'opinion' consist of baseless accusations concerning my motivations.

Maybe you would have fared better with me if you had not arrived at this insulting conclusion:

I believe it has nothing to do with his well being and only pertains to your own feelings and your own gratification...

...The only reason you could possibly have for wanting to stop/make it more difficult for him to do this is for your own satisfaction, maybe you can tell your friends or family that you saved a life today...

...You don't need to police the internet or the world.

Frankly, your 'devils' advocate position makes NO sense to me. In your apparent view, no one should ever offer unsolicited help. I think that makes little sense.

Moreover, since you're so hot on an individual's unfettered right to self determination, what gives you the right to tell me who I can choose to help or not?

Weak.

Seriously.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by loam]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I'm all for this guys right to do whatever the hell he wants, but I cant get past this
"Let me ask you directly then. If this was someone YOU loved, would you not hope someone might intervene? "

The answer is in fact, no. I cant, and no one should have the lack of humanity to say yes.

So I guess basically, the buck stops there. At least for me it does.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Look man, I wasn't trying to start a battle with you over this, it's apparent to me by the way you are picking only parts of my posts that you can defend that you are not interested in what I am trying to say. I said over and over again I have no problem with what your doing, I just think it is for the purpose of your own satisfaction. What is so difficult about that? I don't care if you think I am "weak" or not. It is what it is, I said what I said and I stand by my opinion. Period. I don't care if you agree with it or not. My goal is not to fare well with you, because I don't care what your opinion is of me.

I take care of my own, and I don't expect random strangers to do my work for me. If this was someone I loved I would know about it, because I am involved in the lives of the people I love. I accept that things happen that I cannot control, and I don't attempt to control the lives of people I don't know. Hell for that matter I don't try and control the lives of the people I do know. You gotta let it go my friend.

Death and suicide is not the worst that can happen to us. It doesn't matter if you feel different. What part of "my opinion" don't you get? You just happened to be the one I responded to, but it could have been anyone that was before you.

And maybe you don't remember me, but I remember you. We had a similar discussion of animal rights before. And you came with the same sour attitude in that thread also, so I already knew how you would respond.

So maybe you can re-read my stance and see that I am not trying to tell you not to do this. I am only telling you I think your intentions are questionable. I can keep reiterating this if you would like me to but its getting boring.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kthulu

I'm not sure I understand your answer. You would or wouldn't want someone to intervene?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Well thanks for sharing....

I've done the same.

EDIT:

I just had to return to quote this choice bit because I think it deserves special recognition.

I take care of my own, and I don't expect random strangers to do my work for me. If this was someone I loved I would know about it, because I am involved in the lives of the people I love.

'nough said.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Don't question others intentions.
Question your own.
My intention was self serving in that I know I get something from this.
What I get from it is that maybe a guy JUST LIKE ME OR YOU might not off himself or be able to pull a hoax.
Good enough for me...whats your intention??

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Excellent, that was all I ever wanted to do. If you know deep down in your heart that I am wrong then you can disregard what I have said. Simple as that. I'm glad we can come to an agreement. I hope there are no hard feelings.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Geeze, here I am thinking we have come to a peaceful conclusion and you have to edit to stick it to me one last time. And do I really have to re-state my intentions? I mean I have said it over and over again. I'm sorry you can't understand. Oh well. I suppose I will be the bigger man and walk away on this one.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

"Let me ask you directly then. If this was someone YOU loved, would you not hope someone might intervene? "

Didn't catch the negative there, my bads.

I WOULD want someone to intervene if it was anyone I knew.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Basically, my guess is we are looking at a very, very selfish, self centered, weak minded individual. Sounds like melodramatic self pity. It's his choice to be that way or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Basically, my guess is we are looking at a very, very selfish, self centered, weak minded individual. Sounds like melodramatic self pity. It's his choice to be that way or not.

I agree if he wanted to do it he would just do it without the drama and build up. The more peopel that give him an audience the better as far he is concernend. Mental health officials should be called in to asses and thats about it. Why give this attention queen anymore attention.

Ex

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Because he might be all of the things you say.....
but
I hear a MAJOR SCREAM FOR HELP!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Well, looks like this may be addressed.

I spoke with someone at Lunarpages ("Mike") who looked at the website (30daystodeath.com...) and said he would forward this to management to contact the authorities.

He confirmed he had the ability to identify the individual in question.

Hopefully, something will be done.

Loam, I had emailed livejournal.com and they said that because he doesn't actually specify in his blog that he is going to kill himself in 2 weeks, there's nothing that they can do. Uh, did anyone read his blog and NOT think that he intends to kill himself? Even if you think he's faking it, is it not strongly implied that this all ends with death?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by george_gaz

All I hope is that if he does do it that he doesn't inconvenience people on their way to work. Few months back some loser jumped in front of the train and I was late for work. Not pleased.

I just cant let his one go by.

You call someone at the end of there life a loser and then the only feeling you have is not being pleased because it made you late for work? Then said call me insensitive?

A thought like that is not insensitive it is inhuman. It goes against any basic human understanding and into the realm of animal behavior. Please check yourself. I hope enlightenment will illuminate your path.

Yeah, talk like that makes me want to vomit.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Isnt this just some guy putting some portofolio together for an acting carreer?

If there appears a book in 13 days : ''30 days before my death''.. we also know enough

But , if true...sad

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
He has such a sad expression and this is in his eyes, and it breaks my heart.
My impression here is someone, intelligent, hurt, disconnected with the support of others, ready to throw the towel in, probably something similar to bipolar disorder, and who needs to be saved ASAP.

I have the same impression of it. If he's faking it, he deserves an Oscar.

He reminds me of a boy I crossed paths with while subsitituting as a junior high math teacher one day. In fact, he looks so much like this boy that it's eerie and part of me wonder if it isn't him. He's even about the right age!
The boy was very pale and shy. These girls in the class were teasing him and I put an end to it. Then he came up to me to ask how to do a math problem and seemed shocked that I was so willing to help him. I even offered to stay after school to help him understand this stuff because they were going to have a quiz on it the next day. He said he couldn't because he had to ride the bus, but he said, "Maybe another time though." Another teacher told me that this particular boy had a bad homelife and that he missed a lot of school. He also told me never to stay after school with kids. HUH??? Anyway, I digress, but this man looks just like the boy that I wanted to help so badly.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join