It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is blogging his final 30 days before he kills himself

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

I visited this gentleman's site and viewed a couple of his vids and just listened.

Here is a young man completely obsessed with himself.

Not a suprising thing to see, or a very rare situation here is this American culture where the self is glorified beyond all other things. The inevitable result of such self-glorification is a complete isolation from all externals and even one's own self.

This condition results in a state of intense suffering and anguish, which most individuals turn off for short periods of time through even further self-indulgences, always involving the consumption of the products, both legal and illegal, which are everywhere here for sale.

This is the way it is supposed to work, and why we have all been conditioned to percieve the world this way and to behave like this. It's just about the money ...

Here is a young man who has discovered in his heart that such a way of living is pointless, and since he has responded so well 'to the training,' his complete self-obsession permits no possibility of focusing on others. The possibility of self-healing through the process of healing others ... the possibility of rejoining the human family.

Does he think of volunteering to help others who are even worse off than he is, thereby finding meaning, something that is real beyond the empty existence of mass consumerism and short-term feel-good fixes most all of us live by, exhausting our precious lives in pointless activities ?

No, he does not because he is completely absorbed with himself and his own pain.

A typical product of western culture.

I agree this may be his way of reaching out for help, and I sincerely hope he survives this self-inflicted drama of his own production. This tragic movie in which he is the star, the hero and ultimately the victim ...

We all star in our own movies. That's why there's no longer any community left anywhere, and little else but warfare in the world ...

This is the reason western culture is absolutely doomed.

Remember what a great thinker once said, "Total negation is the absolute form of self assertion."

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chucktah

Taking your own life is not sad, it's not beautiful, it's not about depression, or love. It's about being weak. It's about being lazy, and not taking responsibility. It's selfish, immature, boring, and unoriginal.

It is its own life and i doubt you could do anythings.

Boring you said, maybe but he maybe somethigs things in his life he cant stand

one more time , the useless post from someone who never lived anythings horrible in his life

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I hope this is not real.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Originally posted by visible_villain
...A typical product of western culture....

...This is the reason western culture is absolutely doomed.

I'm sorry, this may not be the appropriate thread for this, but where did you obtain such dribble?

Are you asserting 'self-absorption' is unique to western culture?

Nonsense.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by loam]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Loam, I figured someone would respond like this, as you totally missed my point. I was trying to say, who are you to decide whether it is easy or hard for him to kill himself? Why do you feel the need to stand in his way? I believe it has nothing to do with his well being and only pertains to your own feelings and your own gratification. I am not trying to start an argument with you over this, I just thought maybe looking from a different view would be beneficial.

You don't know this man, or his family. Why do you really care if he kills himself? Does it really effect you in any way what so ever? The only reason you could possibly have for wanting to stop/make it more difficult for him to do this is for your own satisfaction, maybe you can tell your friends or family that you saved a life today.

If this guy was making a 30 day blog until the day he would smoke crack for the first time would you still feel compelled to notify the law and the hosting company in order to save his life?

I am not trying to attack you personally but more the line of thought you have taken in this instance. You are out to save someone that doesn't want to be saved. Let it be, if he wants to end it he will, regardless of the exposure. I think it is a big waste of time and completely selfish on your end. You don't need to police the internet or the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I'm sorry, this may not be the appropriate thread for this, but where did you obtain such dribble?

I might point out that such condescention and disrepsect indicates that one is intoxicated with their own opinions and looks down with contempt on others who may have differing viewpoints.

Such an individual is not interested at all in exchange of ideas, but only in relating to others through conflict.

Since you already know the right answer why discuss it ? The possibility for such individuals to ever learn anything new is remote at best.

Enjoy your movie ...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

From the standpoint of someone who knows what suicide does to people, and that anyone doing this has a mental disorder and therefore is a victim, and needs to be "saved", theres sure a lot of education that needs to be done. This isn't and "I don't care or let everyone do their own thing" moment. But you, can feel anything you wish, but you will not stop those who are on an agenda to uncover the truth behind this, and hopefully a life may be saved.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

From the standpoint of someone who knows what suicide does to people, and that anyone doing this has a mental disorder and therefore is a victim, and needs to be "saved", theres sure a lot of education that needs to be done. This isn't and "I don't care or let everyone do their own thing" moment. But you, can feel anything you wish, but you will not stop those who are on an agenda to uncover the truth behind this, and hopefully a life may be saved.

I hope I didn't convey the message that I condone or suggest suicide, because that is not the case. I just can't figure out why you all are making it your personal mission to save this life. I know what you are saying, and I know it destroys the people that are left, as I saw this happen to a close friend. I was just trying to look at this from a different perspective, that is all. But maybe in some cases you are just wrong. Maybe not everyone has a disorder, and not everyone is a victim. Maybe the guy is just really curious. Lots of assumptions being made here.

I wish you well on your "agenda to uncover the truth".

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can honestly say that I don't care. If he wants to take the easy way out for being an emo he can. Looks like an idiot to me just wanting publicity but maybe he will do the same thing the other guy did with the drugs. Either way kind of stupid if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Loam, I figured someone would respond like this, as you totally missed my point.

Apparently, you missed mine as well.

I was trying to say, who are you to decide whether it is easy or hard for him to kill himself? Why do you feel the need to stand in his way?

I didn't decide to make it easy or hard to kill himself. I made it hard for him to ADVERTISE his intentions.

Big difference.

I believe it has nothing to do with his well being and only pertains to your own feelings and your own gratification.

So on the basis of a few scant posts you have the ability to surmise that it's all about my own gratification and couldn't possibly be for the concern of a stranger or others?

That's some powerful mojo you have there.

You don't know this man, or his family. Why do you really care if he kills himself? Does it really effect you in any way what so ever?

If it was someone I cared about, I would hope for similar intervention.

The only reason you could possibly have for wanting to stop/make it more difficult for him to do this is for your own satisfaction, maybe you can tell your friends or family that you saved a life today.

See above.

I am not trying to attack you personally but more the line of thought you have taken in this instance.

Maybe you should rethink your own position.

...I think it is a big waste of time and completely selfish on your end. You don't need to police the internet or the world.

(Yes, I know. It's an emoticon explosion.... Sue me.
)

[edit on 10-2-2009 by loam]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
When I heard about this and saw his face, he became my son, my son's brother, and my neighbor. He counts more than this entire universe matrix as does each and every one of us. And the pain on losing lives uselessly is unbearable for people who are positive and filled with light. Nothing is wasted, all effort must be put into saving him.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Is that your way of saying you are taking your toys home to play?

I challenged your position and asked a simple question.

If you don't feel like sharing, don't say it was because I wasn't interested in the answer.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So then condescending exchange is not a product of your own self-absorption? Talking down to people, yes that is certainly a good way to show love for all.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When i saw his little thing he was doing I will admit I don't care too much about people,but in reality as someone already said...If it was your family member would you not want someone to bust his plan and tell you b4 what was happening b4 it happened so you had a chance to not let it happen??
When it comes to why do I think I have the right to,I will say I have as much right to bother as he has a right to do what he is doing so its all fairgame.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Either way, I hope he gets what he wants.

Is there a more blatant way to shun the human incapacity for freedom than to make the ultimate choice?

this man is living in his own "micro-culture", where it's acceptable to end ones own life. Who are we to preach rights and wrongs taking place in a culture we know nothing about.

We are the only ones that live in our heads. We're the only ones subjected to the firings and misfirings of the receptors in our brains. We each, from start to finish, experience an existence in our own unique reality from the moment of birth to the moment of death, and it's something we cannot share with anyone else. Sure, we can tell others of our adventures in these far away lands, but the self is the only one who has actually been there, and is the only one who can ever go there. Whether suicide is "right" or "wrong" depends on ones own beliefs, and since our beliefs are our own, it is up to the individual to decide whether it's right or wrong.

I'm biased though, as to me, death is the ultimate frontier. It's the horizon that's never been crossed.

What I'd like to know is whether something like this has been done before. Suicide, at least to me, is one of those things that occurs in a moment. A moment at which the person in question either deals with, or doesn't. Personally, I just can't see suicide as one of those things you mull over, examine and contemplate for 30 days. However, I won't pretend that the way I see it is the way anyone else sees it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Nah I got your point. I already said I don't blame you for what you are doing, I just question your intentions is all. No hard feelings from me. I don't need to rethink my position at all, I was simply trying to play devils advocate, and apparently you have no desire to hear any one else's opinion.

I wish you all luck in your quest to save the day.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It's not all fair game. Does a mother have a "right" to keep her child from going off to college because she doesn't want them to leave home?

Does a person have a "right" to sabotage a friends chances of landing his dream job because it will require them to move?

Nobody has the right to prevent someone from doing something simply because that person will not be around anymore.

...and they say suicide is selfish.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you are trying to play devils advocate then think about a mentally retarded person jumping in a pool without realizing he can swim.
Would you let him die or not??
When it comes to this kid I think he is making a mistake by making a decision that he can't undo.(like maybe a person with a biological illness hint hint)
Its suicide,its not as easy as typing a few sentences.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Laughable. Apples and oranges.

This person fully understands what killing himself means.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
If you are trying to play devils advocate then think about a mentally retarded person jumping in a pool without realizing he can swim.
Would you let him die or not??
When it comes to this kid I think he is making a mistake by making a decision that he can't undo.(like maybe a person with a biological illness hint hint)
Its suicide,its not as easy as typing a few sentences.

Well we are going to going in circles in a second here. I've said my piece whether some like it or not, I shouldn't be ridiculed for having an opinion. Not saying you have ridiculed me.

As for the retarded person jumping in the pool, I think that is comparing apples to oranges. But personally I would let them jump, then when they are freaking out I would help them. There is no better way to learn you can't swim then to jump in the water.

My whole point is, its this persons mistake to make, not ours. You can preach till your blue in the face, that doesn't mean someone else will learn from your experience. It's a sad fact of life. If it was true I would not have made many of the mistakes I made in my life, god knows I was told not to make them.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join