It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1 Trillion Stimulus? Lets just build a NEW city!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by haika
Someone sent me an e-mail about a month ago, meant to be funny but it kinda made sense to me at the time.
I have to say beforehand that I have almost zero understanding of economy but:
Why don't they divide equally the money meant for all of the bailouts and stimulus plans, give each resident of the USA his/her share and that would start moving the economy once again?

Or is it just plain stupid?

my dad keeps saying EXACTLY the same thing, and actually i think it is a great idea. just imagine how it could benefit us ALL. crime rates would plummet for one thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afrosamurai
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Oh come on really? We're giving BILLIONAIRES TRILLIONS of dollars, that won't cause inflation? How about we give less to the people who have less? Instead of the money going to private jets for Citi Bank we give the money to the people who owe loans to Citi Bank so Citi Bank still gets the money, but only after people paid off their debts.

Why should my money be given to anyone? If someone is foolish enough to take out a loan without having financial security, too bad if they lose 'their' house, and have to become renters.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
I like your idea, OP.

They're throwing approx 2 trillion into a black hole and nothing's coming back out of it to better the lives of the average person when they could be using the money to build a new city that would involve all the cutting edge technology.

I have not been in favor of any of the bailouts. I think it's throwing good money after bad. The new city idea is very positive and while we're at it, create new banks with new banking rules that actually favor citizens. Outlaw the three G's of the corporate world... greed, gimmicks, and gouging.

--------------------------------------
I have an idea for the name of the NEW city.
--- Crystal Peak ---
If we're going to spend $500 Billion , there has to be someone in charge
to give us quality. Someone who will make sure subcontractors don't rip
us off with a "that's good enough for government work" attitude.
I say Donald Trump.
He has been ripped off before and knows what to look for.
As far as location --- California --near the coast.
North of Los Angelos.
It would help to have a NEW corporate campus nearby.
IBM? Intel? Apple?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Want to create jobs tomorrow? Lets just spend $500 Billion on a NEW city in the USA. California Maybe? Spend $250 Billion Tax Cuts. Finally mail out $300 checks to the taxpayers. Better than nothing.

I agree Eurisko. I think we should spend 1 TRILLION dollars with the Eurisko Stimulus package. A new city would be nice. Let's redistribute that wealth with 300 dollar checks as well as you stated.

Whew...thank you Eurisko!

You definitely aren't following Obama's agenda!!! LMFAO

WOW...just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

[edit on 19-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Way to ruin a perfectly interesting thread with stupid Iraq and 9/11 talk. I swear, shut up.

As to the actual TOPIC:

It seems like an interesting idea. It would be a good opportunity to try out those new urban farming ideas we've seen popping up along with other innovative ideas on how to create more sustainable urban housing/environments.

I would NOT, however, let the government get involved in something like that. That brain trust had a seizure a long time ago that seriously impaired function.

It would be interesting to allow some of these new companies to get some ideas into the marketplace.

Shoot, set aside money to build a plant to build cars. First company to create, for example, a 100 mpg car that would work and could be practically manufactured immediately without having to change current infrastructure.

It would be a better use of the money in my estimation.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Want to create jobs tomorrow?
Lets just spend $500 Billion on a NEW city in the USA.
California Maybe?
Spend $250 Billion Tax Cuts.
Finally mail out $300 checks to the taxpayers. Better than nothing.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Make the new city GREEN with solar power.
Use the best technology available to make it efficient.
Start construction March 1st,2009.
Look how many JOBS would be created.

Lets build a colony on the moon. Then mars.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

The fact remains that the Iraq war has become a travisty. You can try to make a good case supported by facts in regards to the justification of this war, but in reality this war spending was only a false hope, meant to essentially get Bush through 8 years in the white house in an attempt to diminish our civil libertys, which he succeeded in doing.

The Iraq war was only an excuse to take this country and its citizens by the balls. Nevermind 9/11, the fact is that for the next 10 years we're going to be struggling with a large deficit and a lot of angry young members of society, because their parents and grand parents essentially screwed them.

It's insanity, but it's coming to a close and the most we can do now is stop supporting that idiotic war, the bad choices of our government, local and federal, and move on to start fixing what we have broken.

Otherwise, you might be reading in 50 years about America in history books as a failed experiment in world leadership.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Don't know if this is actually true or even how to find out, but I have heard that the money already spent on bank bailouts and the stimulus could have been used instead to pay off every last single family mortgage loan in the U.S.

If true, think of the ramifications. No bank failures, no need to bail out the banks, no foreclosures, people spend the payment money on other things to stimulate the economy, no (or fewer) job layoffs, etc. etc.

What a concept, but here the obama administration goes, ready to instead send good money after bad with another "stimulus" package.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Let's build a New CAPITOL City.
Level the old one with all the politicians and start fresh with the Constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join