It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's all coming down! People start fighting back!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
And here another case: UKRAINE

The United Nations said in a January report that the probability that Ukraine would default on its foreign debt more than quintupled from late 2007 through late 2008, putting it almost in the same league as Iceland, whose economy melted down last year. The International Monetary Fund announced an emergency $16.4 billion bailout for Ukraine last October.

In Iceland, with a population of 300,000, the crisis toppled the government amid street protests and fiscal calamity. In Ukraine, with some 46 million people sandwiched between the European Union and Russia, widespread instability would be far more damaging.

ine's dwindling currency reserves — less than one-tenth of Russia's — are mixed in a toxic cocktail of soaring debt. Ukraine's gross external debt, from government and private sectors, was about $29 billion in late 2004. By last year, it skyrocketed to $105.4 billion. Much of that increase came from Ukraine's banks, whose debt increased more than 17-fold during those four years, from about $2.4 billion to more than $42 billion, roughly $10 billion more than the national reserves.

"This is the first economic crisis Ukraine has faced as a market economy, and the foundations of our market economy are weak," said Kseniya Lyapina, a parliament member from President Viktor Yushchenko's party.

Here the full article: www.mcclatchydc.com...

[edit on 9-2-2009 by thegreatobserver]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Would I use violence??? Hmmmmm to protect my wife and 2 kids? Yep. That's why I have a .45, a 9mm and all other sorts of "toys". The US Constitution would demand that we take back our corrupt Govt and terminate the TRAITORS! Some of us should spend some time re-reading the Constitution. IE: The Second Amendment. It's your duty as an American man.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackopsman
Would I use violence??? Hmmmmm to protect my wife and 2 kids? Yep. That's why I have a .45, a 9mm and all other sorts of "toys". The US Constitution would demand that we take back our corrupt Govt and terminate the TRAITORS! Some of us should spend some time re-reading the Constitution. IE: The Second Amendment. It's your duty as an American man.

The problem with using violence or guns is that once you use your 9mm the "other guys" gonna pull an even "larger toy".
You fire a 9 mm and they gonna drop a bomb on your head.

This fight can't be won with violence. My opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

Absolutely, and that policy is supported fully by the North Koreans and the Chinese. How could anyone ever argue with that?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yes, you have to vote them out of office. Don't let the fact that the electronic ballet boxes are completely rigged, you must do your civic duty and vote. If that doesn't work, make phone calls. They would love to hear from you and value your opinion. Look how they listened when people stated their opinion about the first bail out..........

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Let's say you go and "take to the streets", as some have said. You destroy things, riot, tear down the government. THEN WHAT?
What do you put in it's place?
Do you have a plan to quickly reconstruct a government?
Do you think America's enemies will sit idly by, while America is in such a situation?
What PURPOSE will your rioting fulfill?
Are such actions just a gut response to pent-up anger?
Such actions accomplish nothing positive. If you think we have problems now, with a 12 trillion dollar deficit, how much do you think the deficit will be if you destroy America's infrastructure?

Unless you have a plan to handle everything I've brought up, and more, take your anger out on a punching bag, then drink some hot tea, and go to sleep.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Whom are you responding to?
If to my posts, than you haven't read them.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Whom are you responding to? If to my posts, than you haven't read them.

No, the three that have advocated taking to the streets on this thread know who they are. I know you are not one of them. Rather in respond individually to each, I posted what I did, for those to see.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Whom are you responding to? If to my posts, than you haven't read them.

No, the three that have advocated taking to the streets on this thread know who they are. I know you are not one of them. Rather in respond individually to each, I posted what I did, for those to see.

I see. It was just right after my post, so I was confused.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
ok history was never my thing....but

was it not in America they went to the White House and burnt' it down?

So violence in the past has worked?

Not like everyones gon'a destroy everything just the buildings causing the problems

It's funny how some turn to how we need the goverment to take care of us.....oh NOOOOOOOOO no more goverment w'r gon'a die, we can't funtion without it...seems we can't function with it.

Almost like we should have a 50 year cleanup law...every 50 years gov. be closed down and revamped.

Y'r Canadian friend (with torch in hand),
Sven

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
ok history was never my thing....but

was it not in America they went to the White House and burnt' it down?

So violence in the past has worked?

Not like everyones gon'a destroy everything just the buildings causing the problems

It's funny how some turn to how we need the goverment to take care of us.....oh NOOOOOOOOO no more goverment w'r gon'a die, we can't funtion without it...seems we can't function with it.

Almost like we should have a 50 year cleanup law...every 50 years gov. be closed down and revamped.

Y'r Canadian friend (with torch in hand),
Sven

War of 1812, it went all the way to New Orleans.

War of 1812

I think what is more likely these days is select ppl who can be
shown to be involved in the greatest robbery in the history of the
world will be sent down river on a pyre for their burial at sea.

I do not advocate violence, but there are plenty who are saying it.

As it is these thieves in nice clothes "serve time" in their nice elite
penthouses like made-off (madoff) is doing.

Some ppl who recently found themselves homeless due to massive
job losses are less than pleased with a criminal being pampered
while they languish in the freezing cold of the winter as all the shelters
are maxxed out.

It will not get real momentum til the thieves decide to slap that
$175 a milk cow tax on milk cows, and $90 a head on beef cows,
and something around $75 on pigs and farmers start going bankrupt
and losing their farms.

When it gets to that, when they "intentionally" interrupt the food supply,
and ppl start having problems getting food due to these thieves,
you will see the cow pie hit the rotary oscillator.

I will be bugging out for an extreme rural location, and I hope all
the good ppl have made the same plans.

For all the parasites and leeches I say a reckoning is coming.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by svenglezz

was it not in America they went to the White House and burnt' it down? So violence in the past has worked?

That was the BRITISH that burned down the AMERICAN White House, not Americans!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
thank you for the info....and if you have history classes in that remote rural location....sign me up

I see the British did it...ok ok.... but again...

So in short there was never ever a time of revolution in America, with violence, burning of goverment buildings etc. ????

Thanx again,
Sven

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Quit paying taxes...

How? I keep asking this? How do you quit? They have their claws in us. My employer withholds. The stores won't give me the goods if I saym "Um...remove the tax please..."

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Anarchic violence will solve little, we cannot burn down our neighbor. We can direct our anger at our public officials, take over federal buildings. Impede federal regulators. There is much that can be done in a less violent way. While I agree violence will not solve many issues, it can be used effectively in an organized and directed way. Much like atomic energy, it can be used for good or bad depending on control and direction.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
when things really take a dive and people start getting really violent, my *** is outta here
i can watch it unfold on tv from another country that i have dual citizenship to. poof...........gone like that little cloud the roadrunner leaves

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
Anarchic violence will solve little, we cannot burn down our neighbor. We can direct our anger at our public officials, take over federal buildings. Impede federal regulators. There is much that can be done in a less violent way. While I agree violence will not solve many issues, it can be used effectively in an organized and directed way. Much like atomic energy, it can be used for good or bad depending on control and direction.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

People have to use force, NOT violence. There's a difference.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Can't see the people burning thy neighbor, on the other hand, may make some closer with there neighbors
without the gov.

Just saying something got'a be done...this shur ain't working with em' so I say let's try for few years without
see what happens?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I guess more realisticly would be keep and revamp our local gov. in place but drop the other 2

Then see

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Speaking of atomic energy..... I wonder why we have a stockpile of thousands of mega powerful nukes?

Do you think we could win a protest or war against a 50 megaton explosion?

I'm guessing that even the dumbest em effer on the planet has that little question dwindling somewhere in the black abyss of ihis subconscious mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join