It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any psychics read me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

okay I try, I hope you understand my english. in german it is better to write

that is what I have seen:
in the past disputs and weakness. you have learned to fight and I can see rivalry ( hope it is the right word )
you are allways afraid to lose, more than you can win. With money you have to be careful. You have a secure foundation for the future, maybe a serious relationship.You are inspired by your dreams and sometimes a bit confused.

hope i am right

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vereny

my turn! lol

[edit on 14-2-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vereny

my turn lol

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vereny
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

okay I try, I hope you understand my english. in german it is better to write

that is what I have seen:
in the past disputs and weakness. you have learned to fight and I can see rivalry ( hope it is the right word )
you are allways afraid to lose, more than you can win. With money you have to be careful. You have a secure foundation for the future, maybe a serious relationship.You are inspired by your dreams and sometimes a bit confused.

hope i am right

Hmmm... well I am inspired by my dreams/imagination and I am a bit confused. Rivalry... It felt like me against the world for alittle while, but I overcame that. Money... its usually gone as soon as I get it.
Party!
I suppose Im afraid of failure so sometimes I dont try which ironically makes me miserably fail because I didnt even try.

Future looks good. WOO!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think you'll find it very difficult to get a reading from anyone without them asking a few vague questions first and repeating the information that you supply back to them! Or cold reading as it's commonly known.

It has become a pet subject of mine recently, though before I continue can I say that I do not believe all psychics are con merchants, some seriously believe in their abilities, though I do not.

Cold reading is extremely powerful, but what is interesting is seeing people's recollection of their reading. They will frequently 'remember' that the reader supplied accurate info, when the reality is that they offered the information to the reader and simply had it repeated back to them!

For further reading I strongly recommend three sites:

www.badpsychics.co.uk
www.stopsylvia.com

and love him or hate him

www.randi.com

I have picked up one piece of information about you, an older gentleman, possibly a grandfather, who passed due to problems in the chest area (heart attack, breathing problems) is showing me a time when you fell on your left knee and left a scar! Check it out and tell me if you have a mark there.

Amazing psychic, or basic cold reading, you decide..........................

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Molech - whos is this directed to?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My apologies, it was aimed at the OP, but as a nice example of cold reading, I imagine it could apply to many people, the same as earlier 'readings' in this thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molech
My apologies, it was aimed at the OP, but as a nice example of cold reading, I imagine it could apply to many people, the same as earlier 'readings' in this thread.

yes that was a great cold reading. i honestly thought, huh, thats happened to me. weird. its a very true statement you make.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The scar on the knee is almost a joke amongst cold readers. The majority of people are right handed, everyone has fallen over, and being right handed the body will automatically try and land on the weaker side. Try it on your friends, they'll be amazed.

This is why I wanted to post this, I would say I was more specific than are germanic friend: conflict? problems with money? Well, that's everyone I ever met!

The secret to cold reading is to start vague, an older gent etc., then become specific, knee injury. The person being read will then happily fill in gaps when recounting the event to make you seem incredibly gifted.

I have no psychic ability whatsoever, I am very good at reading people and getting a general idea of what makes them tick. This is from years of sales work and running bars, NOT a psychic awakening. I would happily put my skills against any psychic, and probably get similar results.

Watch John Edwards or James Van Prat, notice how they end most statements with please? Simply making a guess and then asking the client to confirm. If there is no affirmation they will change track immediately, if they get a yes then they will elaborate.

I can only hope that this thread opens a few peoples eyes to the scams people run, preying on the bereaved, and save people heartache and money. A little known psychic in the UK will say at almost every show that a young women was sexually abused. He got it right once and his website now brags that he helped convict a child molester. How many people has he falsely guessed were abused and announced this in front of an entire theatre. Sick.

I will reiterate, I do not blieve all mediums are con artists, some people truly, albeit mistakenly, believe in their powers. I started off as a believer, however, with the lack of a serious, believable psychic in the world, I am now a psychic sceptic, can anyone here try to convince me otherwise?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Do you have a child? I somehow got that you had a baby.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, this seems like a very good idea to try out. At the very least, it seems like it will yeild interesting results. I've always wondered if psychic readings happened a little bit like fortune cookies...you know, except for the jokes saying "Help, I'm trapped in the backroom. They make me write these fortunes.".

But anyway, I'll give it a whirl. Does this picture that is needed, need to be a current one, or can it be an older one? By older, I mean, I have one from probably about a year ago...I don't take alot of pictures, don't want to break the camera.

Devin
A picture...dorky, but a picture none the less...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
show me your passport and i'll tell you who you are.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
okay here is one for the psychics.

how old am i?

what is my hair color?

was my escape beneficial?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join