It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Does Not want Peace!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

I like to think the rational side of the forum is with me, the side that sees both sides of the story. Like they say every story has two sides, so before you condemn me out right try to read around. Also, don't put words in my mouth.

I back my comments with references and links unlike you. As for your challenges, you are throwing your gauntlet every 5 minutes which means you are having tantrums so how does it benefit me to have a verbal slugging match with you?

Why don't you respond with referenced counter points in your arguments instead of booking for a fight?

[edit on 082828p://am2852 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Noisy in the sandbox tonight. Keep to the topic guys and knock off the personal tripe.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OK, I'll spell it out slower. Any... more... personal... tripe... will... be... warned.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ok back to the topic of "Israel Does Not want Peace"

When Pappe was 19, he found himself on the Golan Heights facing the Syrians in the Yom Kippur war of 1973. "I remember the sergeant major telling us that we should kill Arabs young or they'll grow up to kill us," he says. "And that attitude is widespread. That's why tank drivers, F16 pilots or artillery commanders will kill civilians without hesitation. They've been taught to dehumanise them all their lives."
www.guardian.co.uk...

Now if these people have been "taught to dehumanise" the Palestinians all their lives and are told to kill them young then how could they want peace. And how could peace ever exist?

It's quite disgusting that people are programmed in this way.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
While i agree that there is a certain degree of dehumanization,
A) It is not that wide spread in Israeli army, at least now. From my own army experience (not a war one gladly, but intifada was "experienced").
B) The same is on Palestinian side. Apes and pigs, sons and such.Does that mean that Palestinians also do not want peace?

Mutual hatred and distrust are a huge problem, i noted it several times. But it is m-u-t-u-a-l ! And even after peace will be signed, there would be no ideal EU-like neighboring relationships.
I mean, i think that even you, who is not directly ("only" historically which is also very serious) hurt by all the issue would not start liking Israel all of the sudden. What about all the people who are directly involved now and are deep in this conflict situation? By the way - it is natural. Israelis and Palestinians reap what they (leaders and people) sow, each according to their capabilities to make things tougher on one another.
So peace signing is natural development, independent Palestine is natural development, actual peace is not natural in foreseeable future.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I agree that it is a mutual hatred. I hate Israel, but that is not to say that i don't have Jewish friends.

I don't think the Palestinians want war, but they want peace on their own terms how they see fair which translates to war.

I think that occupation is wrong and the way they have gone about doing it and what they continue to do and how Israel keeps settling more and more land and destorying more and more of Palestine and it's people is what has fuled and provoked this war for the past 60 years. If they wanted peace they would just pull out and go back to Germany and Russia and leave Palestine for the Arabs and the Jewish Arabs which lived there before the mandate.

If someone stole my next door neighbours house and said i can move in, I wouldn't just based on principal because it is wrong. But here there are people who will gladly move in and even steal another house without remorse. That is what is wrong with the place. People are nuts!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated
Ok back to the topic of "Israel Does Not want Peace"

When Pappe was 19, he found himself on the Golan Heights facing the Syrians in the Yom Kippur war of 1973. "I remember the sergeant major telling us that we should kill Arabs young or they'll grow up to kill us," he says. "And that attitude is widespread. That's why tank drivers, F16 pilots or artillery commanders will kill civilians without hesitation. They've been taught to dehumanise them all their lives."
www.guardian.co.uk...

Now if these people have been "taught to dehumanise" the Palestinians all their lives and are told to kill them young then how could they want peace. And how could peace ever exist?

It's quite disgusting that people are programmed in this way.

You just take what he said as fact? He is extremely bitter and disgruntled. I'd take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

You just take what he said as fact? He is extremely bitter and disgruntled. I'd take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Fact or fiction, if someone is bitter enough or disgruntled enough to say something like this about their own people then I would assume it is because they see a different side of what is truth behind their nations propaganda.

Doesn't salt usually take away from somethings true flavour and just cover it up with a different taste?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join