It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold! The Akira bike, yours for 2,100

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
And yes, it is a electric magnetic motor powered. I would love to have one, but I think it will ever make it to the United States. It will put our beloved oil companies in danger.

EV-X7 Electric motorcycle

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Does she come with the bike?
Man ill buy one either way if they become available

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'd buy one too. In a heartbeat, and therein lies the problem.
We all would.

It won't happen. They'll impose IMPOSSIBLE tarrifs on the product or just flat-out not allow it to happen.

That 2,100 dollar bike would cost 30,000 if it isn't just outlawed outright.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A little over two grand for a bike that is totally electric and can actually get me to work and back? I like it. Does it come with a trailer to stock groceries and beer for those weekend shopping trips?

I can see myself now, "The bandleader of the Geek parade."

I want one

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
However reading the article thats not the bike you get for 2k
.But a 2k scooter is still good value especially in the long run

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Yeah but they both use the same tech, so this thing cannot be more than 4k, still a damn good deal if the world was right.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wow are you kidding me a range of 110 miles and top speed of 90mph. For an electric bikes that ONLY costs $2,100.

This is a must have, $2,100 thats sick, I cant get over this reverse sticker shock.

Screw the oil companies this is Japanese made motor vehicle they bring them into the country all the time.

wow $2,100 .... even with a 10% tariff thats still only $2,310 still a great deal.

Article is from 07' so I guess someone got in the way of us having it.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If only Coody was still in office.

We could all buy one of these and strap five gallon buckets of gatorade to the back of them. That way we don't waste bottles.

Reply to Mr. Wupy.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why is Detroit so dang stubborn? I think they must just interview their factory workers to find out what we want. Toyota, Mazda, Honda and Hyundai are making better cars with better gas mileage and cheaper service costs. With Detroit its the same old same old except for a gimic car now and then like the Prowler or new Mustang. Nice cars but, you know...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think it probably has something to do with the fact that the Automakers are in bed with Big Oil. Hopefully not for much longer though, now that Big Oil has almost wiped their industry out with their greedy business ethics.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
haha oh helll yeaaaaa i want one!!

sorry but that bike in akira was my first love!!

and on a side note

do i get to take the chick for a test drive

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
If only Coody was still in office.

We could all buy one of these and strap five gallon buckets of gatorade to the back of them. That way we don't waste bottles.

I'm not counting Coody out yet! Any day I expect him to crash city hall in an eco friendly car and scream, "I'M BACK!!!!!"

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The city workers now have to carry 5 gallon buckets of gatorade in their trucks instead of bottles of it...
Kinda' rough when you are working 1/4 mile from your truck in 100+ degree temps. Not that it is a bad idea to reduce waste, but the entire reason for the budget cut was to plant more trees!
Dude, we've got TONS of them.

Reply to Mr. Wupy (darned reply-to button isn't working right)

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
mrwupy, can you see me and maizie driving down to the next UFO festival in that!!! We might run out of juice just a few miles from the Hotel, so keep your motor running.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't want to run off topic here, I still want one of those bikes.

Down at Superior were mixing Gatorade in five gallon buckets as well. The only thing more inconvenient than an eco nut is an eco nut with power.

Still, I suppose we all must do our part.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Electric bikes are silent!!!

the best bit about riding is EVERYONE can hear you! Ask any 16 year old with a 2 stroke... And it is a good thing, bikers are the most vulnerable road users (that pay road tax)... Noise and bright lights is sometimes all we got to stop the dumb soccer moms murdering us in our thousands!!!!!!!!!

edit: sewwt looking bike though

[edit on 8/2/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Gimme gimme gimme!

In Black please.

But like others have already said, we'll likely never see it here, an easy reminder of that is the look of the concept cars that show up at Autoshows... once they get out of the hands of the original designers, great looking outside of the box style dies.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
mrwupy, can you see me and maizie driving down to the next UFO festival in that!!! We might run out of juice just a few miles from the Hotel, so keep your motor running.

Well, I can see Maizie driving it.....

Are you going to the convention this year?

A scooter like that would be great for running around town. I think we all would still need to keep an actual motor vehicle for those longer trips.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
lol hell no i want mine in red!!!

think ill have to dig out my akira vid now just to bask in the glory of it LOL

looks so cool seeing it tho, i wonder if the guy who desinged it is a manga fan!!hahaha

Red please "and lots of stickers" aka "# the clowns"

or Im not petrol baby im ELECTIK yes i spelt that with a K

awesome bike... if i see ANYONE riding this baby i want a drive

gunna import this over to england 2k is peanuts !!!

ok guys lets setup some kinda akira bike pot! i want first dibbs on revving her up LOL

Awsome find btw !!! wish i could star and flag again!!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

That is an easy enough remedy. Mount an airhorn from a passenger train on it.
Plenty loud enough.
Seriously though, if this sort of thing was allowed on American soil, it could easily REVOLUTIONIZE the auto industry here. Which would have serious reprecusions for the big oil fatcats.
As things are right now, it doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. However, maybe after the soon complete collapse of the system, they'll be looking to tech like this. Hell, they can even do better than that. Water powered cars... www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join