It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair to become first EU President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Tony Blair to become first EU President

www.dailymail.co.uk

Members are under orders not to reveal the confidential discussions, but The Mail on Sunday has established that Mr Minc used the meeting to win support for Mr Sarkozy’s campaign to ensure Mr Blair becomes the President of Europe.
The role is due to be created next year – but only if the EU’s controversial Lisbon Treaty is ratified in the autumn by Ireland and the Czech Republic, the two EU countries which have so far refused to do so.

Critics claim it is another step on the road to a European superstate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
President Blair - this traitor is being rewarded for his part in selling the UK down the river. his long term plans are coming to fruition

He has a track record for perverting the truth (remember the friendship with Bush and the illegal war on Iraq) so he should fit into the jack-booted EU regime nicely.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I knew it!

I knew all the European nations lost their sovereignty once they signed up for the EU. They willingly lost their sovereignty when they voted for EU memberships.

Now they're all going to be willing and obedient slaves to the current EU President (Tony Blair), and, to other EU Presidents whoever they may be in the future.

I knew the EU was a bad idea.

But I guess people in Europe don't mind losing their sovereignty.

Why have a President for the EU? It makes little sense to me. It's supposed to be an international coalition. Not working for some agenda of one guy.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And leaving the conuntry like I did because blair won the 1st election was the best thing I ever did

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

How ridiculous explain me to me how a European presidency is any different from all of the American states being the U.S.A . Ridiculous i welcome a European government i see no problem in unity.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Last week there was a thread about Obama meeting Blair before Gordon. I stated it was graceful of Obama to meet the future EU President. I guess now we know why Obama met him first and had such kind words for Blair.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I knew it!

I knew all the European nations lost their sovereignty once they signed up for the EU. They willingly lost their sovereignty when they voted for EU memberships.

Now they're all going to be willing and obedient slaves to the current EU President (Tony Blair), and, to other EU Presidents whoever they may be in the future.

I knew the EU was a bad idea.

Why have a President for the EU? It makes little sense to me. It's supposed to be an international coalition. Not working for some agenda of one guy.

Hold on there one minute!

The EU was never the EU when it was first 'sold' to the various nations when it was created. Remember, it was at first the 'Common Market' - a purely trade bloc. Then it was changed to the EEC. The EU is a relatively new creation.

Most of the 'rules and regulations and laws' have been introduced piecemeal into everyday lives over the course of nearly 40 years.

If the populace of Europe was aware of what the monstrosity of the EU would become, do you really think we would have voted for it in the first place? None of us ever envisaged the monster that it now has become.

Anyway, the above post of President of Europe for Tony Blair is not done and dusted yet.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

No! I don't believe that nations in Europe would have voted for it if they had known they would have lost their sovereignty in the process. It was supposed to be just an economic partnership. Wasn't it? I don't believe you people would have voted for it if you knew it would turn out to be a Euro government... I have to say that you guys were tricked.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As the saying goes ''It aint over till the fat lady sings''.

Mark my words - The populace of Europe in general are fed up with the EU and all its bull#. I would not be surprised to see a backlash against it at some point.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Jesus Christ people! Why are you looking for the evil in something beautiful? We haven't been tricked into this, if anything a European state is a great thing, i mean whats wrong with unity?

Loosing our sovereignty ? LOL

I guess the same thing happened to boudica and other tribes before England became a nation, was it a bad thing? NO!

The E.U is no evil force, it is a beacon of hope for humanity and it's future. Funnily enough this is no different from the united states being a government and yet people dont see this.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
We'll see how the they react when the Irish Vote No again to the Lisbon "Treaty"! Its coming I tell you! The young people of Ireland will not let this Treaty be signed!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elemensa

How ridiculous explain me to me how a European presidency is any different from all of the American states being the U.S.A . Ridiculous i welcome a European government i see no problem in unity.

Could it be because of things like Italian and Portuguese workers living in a barge doing work on the oil refinery at Killingholme and British workers angered at the exclusion of British workers from construction contracts.

A bit like Dysneyland in California only employing people from New Orleans and giving them lower wages and housing them.
People in California would be jumping up and down saying that they need the work to feed their families and the work should not be given to out of staters.

Apparently Disneyland employs 3500 during off peak times to around 10,000 during the summer and holiday periods.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Hmm you raise a good point although on that subject i must admit im a firm believer in the better person getting the job regardless of there nationality/sex/race. The fact of that matter is if someone is just as qualified and is willing to work for less then they deserve the job.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

The E.U is no evil force, it is a beacon of hope for humanity and it's future. Funnily enough this is no different from the united states being a government and yet people dont see this.

That's the problem.

Why do you think I have a problem with it?

I'm sorry but you're going to have a lot more government regulation because of the EU and that's bad. We have enough government regulation from our country (our country=the US)... and I'm sorry... but I just see this as a bad thing...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Haha, I have to admit, you are great for the one liners.

Of course we don't mind losing our sovereignty... why don't you rub it in even more Frankie. Does it make you feel good?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elemensa

Jesus Christ people! Why are you looking for the evil in something beautiful? We haven't been tricked into this, if anything a European state is a great thing, i mean whats wrong with unity?

- I think you need to look a bit more into the people in power in Europe and what their agenda is. Open your eyes man its control they are looking for, its a wolf in sheeps clothing. Yes it would be a beautiful thing if it wasn't corrupted and influenced by outside agendas.

The E.U is no evil force, it is a beacon of hope for humanity and it's future.

- If only what you say above was the actual reality. Im afraid its real agenda is one of power and control of the people. Its right there for all to see with the Lisbon Treaty. You make the reference to America. Well yes your right in every way. It is the same as Europe right down to the same Elite's who are pulling the strings behind its government. Sad to say that it could be a beautiful thing but unfortunately unless people like yourself wake up and smell the coffee beans its corruption will be felt for generations to come!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The man has blood on his hands. He could have stopped Bush invading Iraq. How does he sleep at night? I hear he has converted to Catholicism. Wow. I bet he gives some interesting confessionals.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

that is where it falls down.because someone can do the job for less and it undermines the local population.
Living expenses for example, the Italians could not afford to live in the UK on what they are earning, that is why they are on a barge.

If your goverment brought in 2,000 children from Somalia to work in a manufacturing factory you would have something to say about human rights. but these children are just as experienced and will work for a feed and a place to sleep.

This type of situation undermines the local micro economy of the area which in turn effects the macro economy of the state.
These employees don't pay tax to the country they are working in because they are employed by foreign firms.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
We'll see how the they react when the Irish Vote No again to the Lisbon "Treaty"! Its coming I tell you! The young people of Ireland will not let this Treaty be signed!

Hey Karl, Iv decided not to bother voting in this one.. im on the wire either way TBH.

What is the actual difference going to be between the way all the countries are run/the standard of living/the rights we have now VS all these things under the new EU if Lisbon is passed?? Absolutely Nothing. We're only afraid of change.

Of course they are going to be a bit subversive and secretive when they are trying to get the whole thing up and running but once it is, it will be the same as before, except with an extra high level government that coordinates extra National bureaucracy etc.

I don't care either way... Im afraid im not gonna be your wingman on this anymore

[edit on 8/2/09 by Dermo]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry but you're going to have a lot more government regulation because of the EU and that's bad. We have enough government regulation from our country (our country=the US)... and I'm sorry... but I just see this as a bad thing...

Frankie, Firstly I am not pro EU or Anti EU but I have to jump in here because you are showing complete ignorance to the facts.

How can we have more government regulation at the moment under the EU?? The EU has absolutely nothing to do with our governments... and the same will be true if Lisbon is passed.

You are mistaking this for industrial and trade regulations which actually work.. they promote capitalism, attempt to curb monopolization and guarantee a good product or service.

Get it right before being smug about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join