It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American States Declaring Sovereignty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Uh, the source?

Non-Commercial Fund for Informational Resistance to the Threat of Wars and Hostilities in the Modern World "MIRROR OF THE WORLD" was created in January 2004 by a group of individuals and is located in Moscow, Russia.

www.mirror-world.ru...

We all can trust anything coming from Russian servers and, run with it.

The civil war cometh, prepare whilst you still can!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There is a reason that we have 50 states instead of one big state. Think about it for a moment. What would happen to us IF we did not have our own state governments to intercede if big brother decided to put marshal law over us? I look at it as a God send that we still have our own states after all these years. As one poster put it, the Federal government has been getting way out of hand, and is getting worse each and every day. These state governments are just getting ready to tell the Fed to back off, and go stick their noses some place else, as they should be told. The Fed has been trying its best to give itself more and more power over us, but, they forgot one thing, the states themselves, and how the power structure is really set up. It`s the people first, the state second, then the Fed last, NOT the other way around. They think people are to stupid to remember that part, well, our states haven`t, and the Fed is going to find out the hard way. And I think it`s about time that they do. Good for these states, and I do hope all of them follow suit and tell the Fed what they can do with their little power run they are trying.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Big government has just grown too big and does not respect the Constitution and sooner or later people will rise and it is not going to be pretty.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."
-Abraham Lincoln

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

This is exactly what we need right now. True Americans will emerge from a new civil war. And then we can see if Obama can live up to the hype to keep this country united. I hope he can. But I am also ready to fight for our rights, if need be. Where is Idaho and Montana in this?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that this may be part of a bigger scheme?

I do not wish to undermine what is happening for if it is genuine in nature it is a great thing for Americans; however, let's remember that we are not dealing with a group of bumbling fools, these people are clever and could very well have ulterior motives.

I would like to know what everyone thinks about this possibility.

Our government is in debt so far over their heads there has to be some kind of pressure being applied to them by their creditors (China for example). Could it be possible that this might be some sort of scheme to dissolve the federal government which would be re-instated in some other form afterwords in order to accomplish two specific goals.

Goal one, dissolution of debt. If the government "goes out of business" so to speak, then wouldn't this exempt the debt they have incurred?

Goal two, The new government entity could establish itself outside of the Constitution and govern in any fashion they may deem desirable to themselves.

I am not saying this is what is happening or even what I believe or think is happening, I am just looking at as many angles as I can see and trying to find a way to make all of the dots connect. This does make some sense to me.

As one of the other posters wrote, things appeared to be somewhat worse under George's watch, and I never read or heard anything even remotely similar to this then. Yes I think Obama could be just as bad and possibly even worse, but he has not given any indications that this will be the case thus far other than his economic bailout which the country can definitely not afford at this time. So why all of a sudden now? Does those within the state governments have some inside information we are not aware of?

Something just doesn't seem right. I sincerely hope it is genuine in nature, for as I said earlier this could be a very good thing for the American people; however, let us not place our faith blindly upon it without looking at all of the possible angles and implications. Just as easily as this could be a knight in shining armor, it could also be Pandora's box opened.

What do you all think?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think all states need to stand up and tell big brother enough is enough. Civil war would be bad. If big brother wins you can officially kiss the constitution good bye. Not sure if going to a Civil war is worth it yet. But if enough states do this it may open eyes. My opinions only.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wish there were a more reputable source for this story. I don't feel comfortable linking out the .ru site yet. Anyone have any other leads, other than the State's bills themselves?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I doubt these will pass but you never know.

2nd line :O

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a lot of you people on this thread have the wrong idea. what this is ,is the fact that when the US was formed the federal gov was formed as an agent FOR the states. the federal gov ,with obamas inexperience,has tried to turn that around,in violation of the 9th and 10th amendments. in other words make the sttates agents for the F.G.. they do this by blackmailing the states to go along with federal rule. they withold funds because the don't like what the state has decided.(i.e. 55 mph). with some states its the guns,and with ,say,michigan,its money from the bailout for home owners. another state is the abortion issue.
the states have the right tomake their own laws,without federal intervention. it has very little to do with marshal law,but thats a part of it.
there are currently eight states that are filing legislation over this,and about 20 more in the prosess. activly filed are:
new hampshire
oklahoma
mich
ariz
hawaii
wyoming
washington
montana
it doesnt matter what the fed wants,it will be the states decision,and the F.G. would have to fight them in the streets. in essence they "fire" the federal gov.

link to all the states as of Feb 4 2009

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Goal two, The new government entity could establish itself outside of the Constitution and govern in any fashion they may deem desirable to themselves.

I would have a serious problem with this part because I doubt even half of the States would want to rejoin in some other union because of what has happened with this one. We've seen our rights and liberties crumble to the point where the Founding Fathers wouldn't even find our government recognizable. If we were to truly collapse and the States were to get out their State Constitutions and choose to go it alone, I seriously doubt they could be coerced or bribed to join another union. We'd all know what would happen. It'd only get worse because the new union wouldn't be looking out for liberty and freedom if it chose to embrace anything other than our US Constitution.

As a gun owner, there's no way I'd ever support any government asking me to trust it and that the police would always do the right thing 100% of the time. Hitler made that promise and we all know how that promise turned out. I'll not embrace a new union. I'd rather Washington State become it's own Nation alone with the other states doing the same.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
All the bills say that the Federal Government should cease and desist and return to being our agent and not work only in their own interests or otherwise they can kiss their states goodbye

[edit on 2/8/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

when 2/3rds of the 50 states do this, the federal gov is disbanded,and another is voted in. but it has to be ratified again by 2/3rds of the 50 states
and a lot of these states cite gun regulation as their reason. also the states will keep the constitution. this is the reason for this action. violation of the constitution.

wait till tomorrow when the states react to them cutting all the funding out of the bailout for the states....uh-oh!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

So what....we need 34 or 35 States to Pass these Resolutions? What about PR & Marshall Is or other Territorys?

Yeah they ain't gonna be none to happy about the senate cutting them off at their greatest time of need!!! I hear State Rep's will have something to say about that when the Bill comes back for consolidation....

[edit on 2/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Kinda wonder if it ties into Obama doing all the Lincoln-ie stuff during inauguration. Hah. I see Georgia's on there, neat stuff. Wonder what will come of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

no each state has the right to do this. its when there is a 2/3rd majority that the fed goes away. watch tomorrow with the reaction to the bailout.

i would doubt that the territories are covered by the constitution.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Titor was right.

Things are happening just as he said they would,
Be prepared for your National Guard dragging you and your family from your homes during the early hours of the morning. I think you will all get a taste of what it was like to be a Jew in Nazi Germany very soon.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with the Constitution and its amendments, Its the power grab by the federal govt that is the problem. Any state that wishes to go it alone is making a huge mistake. Like it or not we are in this together and we need to depend on one another to get out of this mess.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think people are having real doubts about the way things are going. The Senate cutting that $40 Bln in State Financial Assistance is gonna be a deal stopper either in the Senate vote or when it gets back to the House...then...you got all the Govenors of the bankrupt states...JEEZ!

DOW down 107 last I looked...

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 31337

but this is the statement to the federal gov,telling them to back off. if we don't do this,how do we remedy the power grab?

the time for talking is gone.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

reinhart ,the guy who predicted the last stock mkt crash to the day is predicting a huge crash tomorrow. we'll see

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join