It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American States Declaring Sovereignty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

That is the NEW WORLD ORDER!!! The United States will break up into Unions forming territories.. Just take a look at a parcel post shipping map from UPS or USPS. Canada and Mexico will follow suit. North America will be the biggest country in the world. Everything will be pretty much the same except there will be very few illegal immigrants. Everyone is then going to need to fear drug cartels and gangs for an uprising.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well for what it is worth, the federal government is looking at pushing something of its own.

The combination although interesting, is not looking good for the bystanders caught in the crossfire of an epic wizzing contest.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Its written on a Russian Media outlet, it could be weak propaganda to keep their populations moral up seeing as they are also in pretty dire straits.

Anyone know if this is a reputable source?

Here's the text of the actual resolution:
HCR 2024

There's another thread here ATS about this. Here.

edit to fix link

[edit on 2/8/09 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
hmm divide and conquer

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Maybe it is not all orchestrated as people say, even if the idiots in office are in the end heading towards the same resolution (or destruction).

If our government was truly "corrupt", you would think they would do a better job at it. As I just said, maybe they are just idiots that can speak good?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
from the AZ bill:

"That the State of Arizona hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States."

the one from WA says pretty much the same thing.

so basically, are they asking for "sovereignty" over the powers they ALREADY have? its almost like they are raising a ruckus to rightfully claim what they have already. strange.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
We currently live in Costa Rica, but we're ready to come back, land in St. Louis, have a covered wagon built, bring our 5 dogs with us, buy some Cattle, horses and goats and do a junt across the good ole USA. Just to say, maybe it is time to get back to our roots, to make a statement, to say we want to count. I really don't think civil war is necessary. Maybe just a wagon train. xxx

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So if this is true, why have they not asked the people of known states if they wish to become sovereign.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Are these merely feel good messages or do they have the power to actually count for the paper they are written on?

Non binding resolutions isn't what we need. I have yet to look over them but maybe somebody else knows if what these states propose is really something to get happy about?

I can't account for other States, but I can account for Washington State. It's being taken very seriously. I've received word from my Representatives and my Senator from the State Congress and they are moving on this. The expediency of it leads me to believe they've been told something is up, probably by other States.

I must admit that I don't see what's coming as a Civil War, equitable to what happen during Version 1.0. In that war several States chose to cede from the Union and form their own Union. In THIS case, we're walking into a whole new game where the Union has collapsed from under all 50 States at the same time, leaving the States to pick up their own collective pieces. This isn't even in the same ballpark as Version 1.0. Should the US go down, there are a LOT of very serious issues to deal with and they won't be dealt with prettily.

1. A new currency. If the FEderal Government collapses and the US Dollar is shunned by everyone as a worthless currency, then what will they use for a currency? Canadian?

2. Military Bases. If the federal government collapses we have the military bases to contend with. Most States have them within their borders and those bases are populated with troops from the various States (and sometimes even other nations). Those personnel are likely to want to return to their own State and live there, especially when that twice-monthly paycheck stops abruptly. Dealing with the military bases, securing the assets and weapons, and dealing with manning issues (or closing them down and accepting the risk of being kicked by another nation while down), are very major issues that need to be properly examined.

3. Interstate Commerce. Most States have the ability to grow some of the foods the people of that State will need to survive. Those goods will likely remain desirable items by members of other States. When oil is no longer traded by a dead currency, we'll have to ask ourselves a very important question. Can we afford oil to refine into fuel? What would the costs be? Just keeping Interstate commerce going would be a nightmare, but critical. If this stops, welcome to the 1700's.

If this thing goes down like so many say it will (some even suggest it'll happen tomorrow on the 9th), we're in for some very tough times with even harder decisions.

Good luck everybody.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tynee
from the AZ bill:

"That the State of Arizona hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States."

the one from WA says pretty much the same thing.

so basically, are they asking for "sovereignty" over the powers they ALREADY have? its almost like they are raising a ruckus to rightfully claim what they have already. strange.

Oh Gawd! Arizonians are crazy.

I know - I live on the AZ-Mex border. bunch of vigilantes thinking they are still fighting the Indians in there own territory.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Not good...not good at all...Another civil war is the least thing this country needs right now...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
I just don't get it. Why didn't they do this when martial law was an actual threat? Under the bushies.

They are scaling back the patriot act and similar laws.

Why now?

And heres an unrelated random link for the sake of doing it.. link

No offense, but martial law is more likely now than it was under Bush. Do in no small part to the popularity of Obama and his obvious extreme leftist leanings.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
please read the actual links to the each different state.
most talk about the 10th amendment, others abortion, amunition. it's states rights, not some homegrown state militia wanting to be formed. these types of proclamations have been coming out of state houses for years.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
you guys are not thinking right if we over throw the goverment what will happen next we elect another corrupt official and it does nothing.....nothing at all we make it so each state has to have a president guess what we got 50 more corrupt officials there is nothing we can do like i said before we are going to end up living how the middle east lives and we will rely on the black market......

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I remember hearing somewhere or reading something that said that the United States will cease to exist by 2012. If every state declares its sovereignty, then that prophecy will prove to be valid. I always wondered how it would happen. This could be it.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I remember hearing something about a Y2K bug...

was supposed to be the end of the world or something...

GO FEMA!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to hear that the State of Washington is serious about this. I can only hope that other states are as well. I just fear that some of these are simple measures that have no bite to them. I truly hope I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Your post says that several American States "are declaring" autonomy, while the links only lead to proposed legislation, usually in a single house of a state's legislature, and no dates for when the bill would be taken up for consideration.

That's not an impending revolution, that's just a few cranks trying to stir things up. There may be some people on this site who would LIKE that to be significant, but unless those bills start actually passing both houses of several states, it means nothing.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Interesting how if the governors dont go along with the feds or banking rulers, something seems to happen to them! Classic. And yet no one picks up on this. Is the tide finally turning? Amazing what we dont want to know and we wouldn't ever think it happens anyway. Incredible and sad! Other countries look to the US to lead the way....where that is, is anybodys guess! Just 1 observation...

[edit on 8-2-2009 by dodadoom]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join