It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I know what to believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Obviously everyone asks this question but I'm speaking in the video makers sense. I've just been watching this www.esoterictube.com.... I'm now half way through and have not been presented with once scrap of evidence. I could have made this at home on windows movie maker.

I am very open minded but I need atleast some kind of solid ground, could someone suggest some dvd I could watch that are not just based on personal theories?

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

regarding what subjects?

ufo's

nwo..

I mean it's all somebody's opinion...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Unfortunetly friend, there is no way to determine whether or not these things are true, we are conspiracy theorists after all.

What I would suggest would be take all the information you can get on a certain subject and pick and choose what seems most probable and most believable to you.

I wish you the best of luck, it is hard to find common ground with so much dis-information running around these parts.

I would suggest videos with interviews from actual people and not just one guy showing colored charts.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

They are all indeed based upon opinions, we all have a differnt perspective in this reality.

I see how peoples personalitys are shaped by their experiances which are a result of their enviroment. These people then create ideas of the after-life... god....

Just remember that if you had lived their life... you would think and do just as they do now.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just in general really, mainly area 51, hollow earth and human origins at the moment though. A lot of the video's I've watched are based purely on theories and claim to be facts. zeitgiest for example is littered with misinformation.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Unfortunetly friend, there is no way to determine whether or not these things are true, we are conspiracy theorists after all.

What I would suggest would be take all the information you can get on a certain subject and pick and choose what seems most probable and most believable to you.

I wish you the best of luck, it is hard to find common ground with so much dis-information running around these parts.

I would suggest videos with interviews from actual people and not just one guy showing colored charts.

~Keeper

Thanks, I think this is probably my best bet. When I was younger I would follow nearly all conspiracy videos as blindly as everyday people follow the media. But as I've grown older (19 is hardly old but you know lol) I've grown a lot wiser and have also started to question the other side of the field as well as the corrupted side if that makes sense lol

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yuppers friend that would be the way to go, just question everything you see and hear and read and try to find a rebutal or a debunk to everything. Make up your own mind based on both arguments.

That will work out wonderfully for you.

Best of Luck

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF........BE GOOD TO URSELF AND ALL ALONG THE WAY......

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Don't believe everything, even going to McDonalds and assuming they have milkshakes you can almost bet that the one your going to doesn't while your friends pleads to you that it does.

If you use Reasoning Rationality, You will find whats true,

Ask yourself, is this logical, does it make sense, how big are the holes in this, is there proof that backs up each individual part of this.

Have you ever seen a car driving down the street and notice there was no driver in the drivers seat, you didnt think, well the cars driving itself, or the cars must be drivin by a ghost, you have to assume that the position of the driver is blocked from your perspective. Thats logical reasonable and understandable.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

How do you know things are fake or real?

One word:

EDUCATION.

Get to it!

new topics

top topics

join