It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally and Officially Saying Hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't even remember how I came across ATS several months ago but have been addicted ever since. There are so many good threads and posts and forums that all I've done for months is read as much as my brain will take in. With limited free time (still work fulltime), I didn't get around to joining, reading New Member posts and the Handbook until recently. I see it's the same story for many new members.

About me: I'm probably older than most members here. Over the years, I learned how to keep my emotions under control so I can remain open to new ideas and perspectives. I'm a born idealist but was raised by two very skeptical parents, so I didn't and (obviously) still don't believe anything our leaders say. I believe a conspiracy before I believe the incessant BS we hear on the news. My aim intellectually is to see the biggest picture possible. Living in Alaska with the big sky, big mountains, and wilderness helps me toward that goal.

By age 12, I was disillusioned with Christianity as it was taught. That led to researching other religions and more recently science, because some studies seem to reiterate what the ancient texts indicate - life as we know it is an illusion (there is SO much more to Life) and we could be living in a hologram. Still, mundane life exists, and I'm blessed to have a good one. At this point in time, that is. It's a challenge to go outside by myself at work, let go of all the office politics, pressures, and dramas and think about (remember) the big picture.

Thank you, ATS, for creating a delightful meeting place for objective discussions of socially taboo subjects!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Dreamings, welcome to ATS (or the illusion thereof)!

Have fun around here; it's a great place.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would like to Finally And Officially welcome you then!

I'm looking forward to your posts and contributions to the site. It's always nice to get an older perspective of things in order to generate intelligent discussions.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hi DreamingsFree!

Welcome to ATS! I look forward to "seeing" you around!

Best wishes,

Izafyre

new topics

top topics

join