It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But can you talk the TALK...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hello All,

As someone who has a great interest in survival, firstly I would like to congratulate the ATS posters who share their experiences in this forum. Citizen smith, Northern Raider and Dan Tanna (before he went crazy) are a few names I can mention that have shared alot and passed on alot of information.

Now I don't consider myself to be the smartest or most knowledgeable in regards to survival, but I'd like to think I know enough to get me by. Enough to ensure I will not be a victim ...

The nature of my post is this; you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

I would like to hear from anyone who has been in a survival situation, big or small regardles. I know a few members on here are ex-forces so they are obviously going to be the best to tell the story, but anyone with a true survival experience please share ...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Have you ever gone out on a camping trip? Live off the land entirely during that camping trip..you know, fish for your dinner, do a little critter hunting, make a shelter out of tree limbs and sticks, hang out in nature for about a week or two?

Survival is like that. Only difference is it will go much longer than a quick camping trip.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Hello All,

I would like to hear from anyone who has been in a survival situation, big or small regardles. I know a few members on here are ex-forces so they are obviously going to be the best to tell the story, but anyone with a true survival experience please share ...

This was a hard question to answer. I never thought of the following as a problem but other might. Elk hunting in the mountains and the temp drops from +20 F to -20 F in an hour during the day, camping out was cold but no problem.
A wind storm that hit the family farm, 5 people over 60, my grand mother was 82 and had cancer. No power or water from the well for 6 days. I haled water from town and we cooked on a camp stove. It was about 90 F with humidity of near 100%. Every one did fine.

Flood, we packed up and took the things we needed to high ground then helped people that needed help.

Range fires here in Nevada, get ready to bug out if needed, help the friends to do the same.

-38 F and every ones cars and water is froze up. Got the truck started went to town got parts to fix my well house so we had water and then spent the day getting other peoples water going. It warmed up to -20 F that day. Had to have a wood fire going as the natural gas pressure was down so low that the heater would not shut off.

Sunk my truck in a bog 25 miles from the nearest house. Walked out and hired a backhoe to pull us out.

We never thought of any of these as a "survival situation" it was just taking care of us and are own. Getting your stuff in one sock and wired tight, have the tools and the skills and being of a correct mind set keeps a person out of survival situations and makes it just an interesting day.

join