It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psoriasis Blues

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I remember my Nan said that using Dove soap improved hers, she's suffered with psoriasis for as long as I can remember. She was really happy when she discovered it so must have made a difference to her. Don't know if this helps at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My fathers brothers and sisters all suffer from it. They are all in their 60's and 70's now and have just found a cure after years of trying drugs and strange herbal remedies.

Chicken fat. Reduce it to a cream substance and rub it on. It works. Completely.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Psoriasis you say? My fiance's father has a quite serious case of psoriasis on his back, and once a year we take a trip to some really sunny country so it woud get sunlight and heal. And it really does heal, after one week on the beach in the sun it is like 80% gone, an astounding improvement over before the trip. They also give UV treatment at the hospital for it if it gets really bad.

So no, i don't get why would you cover up your psoriasis, since sunlight (UV) is what cures it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have had psoriasis for the past 25 years too. Mine is a mild to moderate case but it is extremely aggressive, meaning it gets 'used' to medicine quickly and that medicine stops working for years.

just off of the top of my head here's some of what i've tried

strongest OTC hydrocortizone cream there is. It worked when i was younger, stopped, then started again. It's just recently stopped working again.
Dovonex
mometazone fuorate (as a previous poster mentioned)
taclonex (this worked like holy water for about a year, then abruptly stopped)
a handful of topicals in my car. Two liquids, a cream, a foam, and a topical oil. All prescription.

When I was 16 I had a spot the size of a half dollar on my forehead near the hairline. That summer I spent a week redfishing in Grand Isle, LA. I got extremely sunburned. That spot of psoriasis blistered to the point where it was bleeding.

2 weeks later it was gone, and stayed gone for 15 years.

Shortly thereafter my family and I made the connection with salt water. We tried plain salt water and it didn't work. Epsom salt did not work for me. Specifically, it was a long period of exposure to ocean water and sunlight. A weekend normally clears me up totally for three months and the scaly plaques don't resurface for six months. I can't wait to try the sea salt remedy mentioned above.

To the OP, the most fantastic topical there is is St. Ives Collagen Elastin lotion. Three days of 3x day applications and your plaques will be gone...however you still will have to deal with the redness because they will turn back into plaques within a week. Deal with the hard shell before you get to the beast's black heart beneath.

(post by PeterSmithtrer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join