It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Universe": sprites, elves and blue jets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What rock have I been living under?

I DVR'ed "The Universe" on the History Channel and was amazed by the episode "Cosmic Phenomena." In this episode I was awed by the sprite, elves, and blue jet phenomena.

Learn about them here if you are like me and have never before heard of them.

Awesome!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I saw that episode as well and it very interesting including the fact about damage to human skin no matter what and the aurora was interesting as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by basilray

Yes. that was VERY interesting as well. I am very fare-skinned and am effected by the sun to the point of getting a rash when overexposed. I use the highest SPF and to find out that that doesn't help for exposure to UVA which is the cancer causing more deep penetrating rays really is eye opening. I swear I freckle under cloud cover. I always thought the less I burn the less chance for skin cancer. That is not necessarily the case according to the info. in the episode.

Thank you for bringing that up.

"The Universe" is one of my favorite shows because there is always something new to learn. Also watching the amazing animations in HD is really cool.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sprite Gallery from skyfire.

and

another source.

Cool stuff guys! I love learning new things... specially when they are as cool as this.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by anyone]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So, an aside:

Coincidentally my four-yr-old just came running in and zapped me. She just discovered how to run around with socks on dragging her feet on the carpeting to shock people with static electricity. So I put some fluffy socks on and embraced the inner child in me and ran around zapping my children.

It's fun and got my mind off of the economy for a few minutes.

Give it a try.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone

So I put some fluffy socks on and embraced the inner child in me and ran around zapping my children.

It's fun and got my mind off of the economy for a few minutes.

More power to you! I think the world needs a reality check to rediscover what is actually important. The economy is a means to an end - not the end itself.

To the topic at hand: how do these sprites etc fit in to the "electric universe" theory. I find both subjects fascinating, and wonder could they be part of the grand unified electric universe theory?

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Very interesting indeed. I did a search on "electric universe" and came up with this website and these vids.:

part 1 of 4 (10 mins.)

part 2 of 4 (7.5 mins.)

part 3 of 4 (10 mins.)

part 4 of 4 (8 mins.)

I will get back with a response when I have finished watching.

I have only watched the the first vid. so far and it is a very cool theory and makes a lot of sense... Thanks you for the heads up.

later...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well... I have finished with the vids. and perused the website some.

I have come out thinking, that is for sure.

I have always thought a black hole was the entrance to another universe...

I don't know enough about electricity to understand the theory but I will say the connectedness of plasma/dark matter is very interesting.

The idea before about gravity was the big crunch; everything would eventually pull together and implode.

Then in the discover that the universe is expanding gravity was explained to be dipersed evenly through multi-universes.

Now this theory with the "electric universe" how does one explain gravity?

Are there still multi-universes explaining the weekness of gravity...

Could what is now known as a "black hole" in the "electric universe" theory still be pushing/pulling energies elsewhere?

I am flipped turned unside down and will be thinking on this for awhile.

Back to your question

To the topic at hand: how do these sprites etc fit in to the "electric universe" theory. I find both subjects fascinating, and wonder could they be part of the grand unified electric universe theory?

I do think this makes things a heck of a lot more interesting according to what we "know"
The "paranormal" world that I find absolutely intriguing really might get some answers as well. It may not be as "paranormal" as we all think it is.

I know way open-ended statement. Sorry.

These are the moments I feel like a 2D dot on a grid.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Thanks for posting the movies - I had seem them quite a while ago, but it was good to watch them again. This theory just makes so much sense! The most powerful demonstration was the computer simulation of charged particles in a vacuum, that eventually organised into an exact replica of a spiral galaxy! That is pretty convincing to me.

Another hypothesis is that the Grand Canyon was formed through mega-electrical arcing- not the Colorado river. From memory, they mention that the river cannot have formed the canyon due to a number of inconsistencies - one of them being that it would have had to flow uphill in one area! All the canyons and "rivers" on Mars apparently fit the model as well.

I'd love for the scientists to comment on this theory and debunk it (or try).

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Wow, how weird. Again, I don't know enough about electricity but that sounds crazy (about the Grand Canyon). Are you talking in the creation of earth? Very strange hypothesis.

What I first thought of was frequencies and space travel... but formation of the Grand Canyon from arcing electricity? That is definitely out-of-the-box thinking for sure.

Definitely need to study these ideas more, but I am keeping an open mind.

top topics

join