It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marburg Fever in Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Unusual is it not?

Apparently a tourist brought it back from Uganda. It wasn't a fatal case which is fortunate considering its 80% mortality rate but isn't this contagious even after recovery? A nasty bug to be sure...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think if there were going to be any further cases from this, they would've already started.

The patient was treated at Lutheran Medical Center in January 2008 and sought follow-up care in July, after learning of the tourist's death. The patient recovered and his or her identity wasn't disclosed.

Marburg hemorrhagic fever is extremely rare. The CDC's Web site counts fewer than 500 confirmed cases since the virus was first recognized in 1967. More than 80 percent of the known cases are fatal.

It has an incubation period of 5 to 10 days. The first symptoms are fever, chills and headaches, but symptoms worsen significantly after the fifth day of illness.

He was treated over a year ago, and the virus has a 5 to 10 day incubation period. Think this is pretty much a dead issue.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I agree...this is a dead issue if you trust the CDC. But the way I see it, the CDC has a new toy to play with. And that should concern everyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
80 percent is to high to be marburg. Its between 20 to 40 percent

if ti were eighty percent it would be a strain of Ebola. Ebola Zaire

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched_Ohio

So you think the CDC didn't have the virus for Marburg Fever before this tourist came back from Africa? Oh-kay?!

new topics

top topics

join