It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CheckpointUSA: Gestapo Internal Checkpoints Right Here in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Apparantly it's happening here in Canada to. I was just on my way home and pulled over, why I didn't know. Wasn't driving like a madman, doing the limit, in the lines, stopped at signs and lights etc... He followed me for quite some time than turned on his lights and pulled me over.

When I asked what the problem was he says "Oh there is no problem, just a random document check"

"Document check?" I ask

"I need to see your identification and papers please"

"Papers?"

What the hell is a document check? And papers? I've asked a few people and nobody has any idea what that was all about.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Aren't those called check stops.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is a prime example of one's imagination getting to him, whether are not the boys in green are Secret Police, which is utterley ridiculous, this man was not cooperating and it is his fault for trying to provoke a situation. People like this are crying wolf and when something finally goes arie, they are going to help by only increasing that this elusive world government actually comes to power by misleading the masses with false reason. They should be judged just as harshly as those they judge. And should be dealt with in the same manner as those who are corrupt. For if officials seek to corrupt my freedoms through false pretenses, men seek to corrupt themselves through false instances...this man is no better than the ones he claims are the true agresser, score 1 point for the NWO, we need to switch out players...

[edit on 10-2-2009 by NinjaNarc]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Here's my earlier thread on the subject.

Seattle King5 TV News (VIDEO) Report on Checkpoints.

Border Checkpoints beyond the border have become a deceptive means to circumvent the United States Constitution. The Constitution was written precisely to prevent such tyranny, and the Border Patrol is attempting to expand it's jurisdiction to illegally police America instead of protecting our borders.

I'd rather have an occasional terrorist attack than be terrorized on a daily basis for eternity by the border patrol or turn my state/country into a prison yard with controlled movements through checkpoints. One has to ask if we no longer have freedom and liberty, what's the point of keeping terrorist out?

How long will it take before we see IRAQI style checkpoint bombs because people don't want to live in pseudo prison camps within their own state/country?

I suppose once permanent checkpoints are setup everywhere it will make it that much easier to stop the flow of commerce/food/goods/services and begin an NWO type plan to weaken and arrest people by divide starve & conquer.

While I agree the guy doing the video at the beginning of this thread was a bit of a jerk and the agents were just doing what they have been told to do and were professional. The problem is these agents knew this guy because of his prior videos on YOutube. One has to ask should they be question him when they already are aware of his citizenship? Is that harassment or are they just inflexible in the orders to ask everyone even when they already know the answer?

To those who suggest the video creator purposely planned & confronted the scenario in the video and thus blame him. How about the folks who planed and setup the checkpoint to detain and harass Americans - seems you have no problem with their planned deceptive confrontation? A double standard - perhaps. Ever consider that without the Checkpoints there would be ZERO confrontation?

A Constitution Free Zone for One Hundred miles or more?

The Border Patrol is pushing ONE HUNDRED MILES. So, Now we have a Constitutional Free Zone 100 Miles from every border? That means the City of Seattle would be a Constitutional free zone where we are no longer free to live unmolested by authorities who can detain, question and search for reasons to arrest us, at a whim.

Constitution Free Zone Expanded to Ferry Terminals? If you include one hundred miles from the shoreline and all waterways - I guess Constitution should not apply any longer in my state.

The Border Patrol in Washington State has also decided that our Ferry Terminals are now classified as Borders even though 90% of them only carry local traffic. That happens to be far beyond the so called Hundred miles from the border they're pushing everywhere else. So, They can detain and search everyone using our Ferries which are an integral part of our highway system as we use Ferries instead of bridges. Thus many of our highways have now become checkpoints.

Der Homeland Securitee NAZI's have Arrived in America And there's pathetic weak treasonous wimps in this thread that are already looking the other way.

In my state people are getting stopped while going to work, getting their groceries or just going about what is supposed to be their private business. It's just not right, it's not American - that's how we treat enemies in war zones or prisoners in penitentiary's where they have no rights - it is not how we treat average citizens.

Unless I've been convicted of a crime and sent to prison I should not be subject to daily searches. I demand freedom and liberty. As far as I'm concerned anyone who opposes that, is not looking out for my best interest and has declared themselves my enemy.

Second in Command (Alaska, Washington & Oregon) Deputy Chief Border Patrol Agent Joseph W. Giuliano, uses his connections to become foster parent and Rapes Child like a good DHS AGENT - this is what happens when NAZI's get too much power

[edit on 10-2-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I really don't know if the people that support these unconstitutional stop are Nazis or Communists.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
I really don't know if the people that support these unconstitutional stop are Nazis or Communists.

They certainly are not against the Constitution- I am sure their mission was vetted by lawyers and deemed to fall within the bounds of the Constitution.

If someone isn't breaking the law, what do they have to hide? What 'rights' have they lost by simply answering a simple question? Are they so ashamed to admit they are American?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

If you're not breaking the law, why not allow police to search your house at their whim? What do you have to hide?

If you're not breaking the law, why should you mind if the police frisk you down at random, when you're walking down the street? What do you have to hide?

Where is 'the line' drawn? Who is responsible for making sure that 'line' is respected?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

If you're not breaking the law, why not allow police to search your house at their whim? What do you have to hide?

If you're not breaking the law, why should you mind if the police frisk you down at random, when you're walking down the street? What do you have to hide?

Where is 'the line' drawn? Who is responsible for making sure that 'line' is respected?

There's quite a difference between searching my house, and stopping my car on a public road and answering a simple question.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yes. I know that, and you know that. Do the cops know that? And who advocates our point of view when the authorities decide what they think is reasonable?

In a Constitutional Republic, we cannot simply delegate those concerns to our elected representatives - we must each be prepared to 'walk to the line' and represent the side of 'individual rights'. If it seems like such action is bordering on the 'unreasonable', it only means that balance is being maintained - and I applaud those who give their efforts to such cause.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
There's quite a difference between searching my house, and stopping my car on a public road and answering a simple question.

In your view, are there any limits that would make such checkpoints unreasonable?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

If someone isn't breaking the law, what do they have to hide? What 'rights' have they lost by simply answering a simple question? Are they so ashamed to admit they are American?

Let me ask you what rights have you lost when they ask you to search your basement or attic, to make sure your not hiding illegal aliens, contraband weapons or illegal drugs?

A line was drawn in the sand and that line is called the Constitution, once you begin to make exceptions to probable cause and the line begins to move, eventually it will become null and void.

Shall we have bloody battles again, slaughter and imprison people because some people think they have a right to invade my privacy in order to protect everybody from me? Nobody has a right to know who I am, where I come from or what I'm doing while I'm in the US and I'm a free citizen unless I choose to give them that information for the purposes of doing commerce or if I have broken a law.

I am innocent until proven guilty - that does not mean I have to prove my innocence on a daily or hourly basis. I don't give a god damn whether you or anyone else thinks I have anything to hide. The burden of proof is on them - not me. They can't invade my privacy for the purposes for searching for an infraction - they have to have probable cause that such an infraction has occurred - before conducting a search. Unless I do something wrong I don't have to answer to anybody - get it? That's why the Constitution was written - get a clue.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

In a free country, as free citizens, we shouldn't be arbitrarily stopped, and asked questions that honestly are not the business of the government to ask.

Not to Godwin the whole thing, but my grandfather was German, told me what it was like during the rise of Hitlers power, and under the rule of the Nazis in Germany. At first people would be stopped in the street, asked who they are, what they were doing, where they were going, etc... There were the few that questioned the process, but there were too many, like you, that had the attitude that it's no big deal if you have nothing to hide. Yes, it's the slippery slope argument, but you know what june bug? This has all happened before, for similar reasons, by different(?) people. It happens slowly by degrees, bit by bit untill you look around and wonder what happened. By then it's too late, the noose will be around your neck, the only way out will be to fight, and you'll find out that your fellow countrymen are, for the most part, too scared to join that fight.

When that day comes, you'll cry the hardest, you'll wail the loudest, and god help you when that day comes.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If these truely were "Gestapo Checkpoints" anyone failing to comply in an appropriate manner would be instantaneously SHOT.

Show your "papers", be polite, answer quations appropriately and quit being such spoiled little brats about the whole issue already.

If people continue to act like sensationalist twits, it's only going to give those in power even MORE reason to "up" these checkpoints and REALLY start being heavy handed.

Seriously. Can't anyone else see that? Sheesh!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just another comment :

Where do these punks come up with free time, gas money and equipment to keep pushing these "agenda" videos?

It's flipping ridiculous. Those guards are just trying to do their job and they have to put up with a bunch of kids with nothing better to do with their time than rudely make an "issue" out of these things?

My gods man. That kid probably didn't even sign up for Selective Service because his head was so far stuck up a law book that he proclaimed himself "better than and more important" to the average working men and women.

Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

These kids need real jobs, not some cush cubicle or IT position.

These kids are getting far too arrogant. I wouldn't have been as patient as the guards he encountered.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Yes. I know that, and you know that. Do the cops know that? And who advocates our point of view when the authorities decide what they think is reasonable?

In a Constitutional Republic, we cannot simply delegate those concerns to our elected representatives - we must each be prepared to 'walk to the line' and represent the side of 'individual rights'. If it seems like such action is bordering on the 'unreasonable', it only means that balance is being maintained - and I applaud those who give their efforts to such cause.

Can you provide some examples of the police going up to people's houses and saying they are going to search without a warrant?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by prionace glauca

Gotta give a big thumbs up to the officers for keeping their cool in the face of a person clearly trying to provoke something. Way to go officer

Its interesting. Under the US Constitution, you cannot be seized or searched without probable cause. Further, the US Constitution states that you have the right not to incriminate yourself, i.e. right to remain silent.

The Courts have permitted law enforcement to set up checkpoints which are designed to operate in a non-discriminatory manner - stop every car, stop every third car, etc - for DWI, licensure checks and the like.

I don't think that the agents in the video are violating the law by setting up the check point; however, I don't think you are under any obigation to answer their questions.

As driving is a privelege and not a right, I think that the cops are permitted to check to make sure that you are licensed or that your not drunk; however, I don't think they have any right to ask you questions that are not directly related to driving.

Furthermore, DHS doesn't have jurisdiction to arrest people or write tickets to people for moving violations and traffic related crimes as they are under State laws and not federal law.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Let me ask you what rights have you lost when they ask you to search your basement or attic, to make sure your not hiding illegal aliens, contraband weapons or illegal drugs?

A line was drawn in the sand and that line is called the Constitution, once you begin to make exceptions to probable cause and the line begins to move, eventually it will become null and void.

Shall we have bloody battles again, slaughter and imprison people because some people think they have a right to invade my privacy in order to protect everybody from me? Nobody has a right to know who I am, where I come from or what I'm doing while I'm in the US and I'm a free citizen unless I choose to give them that information for the purposes of doing commerce or if I have broken a law.

I am innocent until proven guilty - that does not mean I have to prove my innocence on a daily or hourly basis. I don't give a god damn whether you or anyone else thinks I have anything to hide. The burden of proof is on them - not me. They can't invade my privacy for the purposes for searching for an infraction - they have to have probable cause that such an infraction has occurred - before conducting a search. Unless I do something wrong I don't have to answer to anybody - get it? That's why the Constitution was written - get a clue.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by verylowfrequency]

If they have a warrant, then none.

If someone is driving a car on a public road, and the police ask to see a DL, legally one has to provide it for them, their SS#, or, if they refuse, said individual can be detained until their identity is established, and whether of not they have a valid DL. Regardless of what you may think, when you are in public, certain 'freedoms' are curtailed. Walk down the street naked, and explain to the cop who shows up that you are free to do so under the Constitution. Once you recover from being tasered, you will understand no one is absolutely free to do whatever he/she wants.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Can you provide some examples of the police going up to people's houses and saying they are going to search without a warrant?

There is a doctrine under the law called exigent circumstances that allows law enforcement to enter the home without a warrant. For example, if a police officer is walking past your window and sees you hitting your wife, he may enter your home to intervene. Another example is hot pursuit. If a cop is chasing you on the street for a crime he has probable cause to believe you committed, he may chase you into your home without a warrant. There are other examples like this, but they require probable cause that a crime is being committed and some sort of emergency.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

There is a doctrine under the law called exigent circumstances that allows law enforcement to enter the home without a warrant. For example, if a police officer is walking past your window and sees you hitting your wife, he may enter your home to intervene. Another example is hot pursuit. If a cop is chasing you on the street for a crime he has probable cause to believe you committed, he may chase you into your home without a warrant. There are other examples like this, but they require probable cause that a crime is being committed and some sort of emergency.

Yes, I am well aware. I got an A in Con Law and Civil Rights and Civil Liberties.. The scenarios you posed, however, would require a warrant.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The thing about probably cause is that the cop can claim that on the spot, and it's up to you to sort it out with the court system. Basically, the thug with the gun wins anyway, regardless of what the law says.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join